Take 100 (Sander's new diary)

Ouch :-( hope u feel better soon Cx

Starting to feel a bit better - still waiting for test results. Had to skip aquafit last night due to bleeding. Worry is still keeping me awake at night so I have a horrid headache going. But I haven't had any new wobbles, though I did get up at 1 AM and eat cause I was hungry :)

Today I am making up a pot of goulash myself roast beef in the slow cooker with onions, tomatoes, and spices. Gallet for breakfast and tuna for lunch. Trying to do a PP Thursday afterall :)

I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope that the tests come back already! I know how hard it is to sit and wait and think....thinking is the worst of it.

biopsy came back - no cancer - so everything else is pretty much small cucumbers (since I can't have potatoes :))
I don't feel like whining, but I am not feeling super positive either, so I am going to sleep:wave_cry:

So glad the news is positive, sander. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well for you Cx

So happy for you Sander xx The only way is up now :) Xx

Down, down, down! :)

Still cruising slowly down the road. Dh has made it down to 192, so he is getting close - he is very happy that his clothes all fit more like they are supposed to. I still have no pants to wear and it is getting chilly for summer skirts and shorts :) Scale had me up +1 on Friday and today -2 so it's going along the way my body normally does in cruise. Must stay the course :)

Next Dr. apt on Thursday to try and figure out pain management options - since we know it's not cancer they are probably going to recommend hormone therapy. Supposedly when your hormones are out of whack it also affects your joints and muscles. Since I have endometriosis, they are also trying to convince me to go for a hysterectomy to get rid of the pain and distension in my lower abdomen.

Had a horrible eye attack over the weekend that really bummed me out. Over the hiatus from minimins I was diagnosed with Fuch's Endothelial Corneal Dystrophy, which is a degenerative eye disease. Sometimes it progresses slowly and sometimes it progresses quickly. If you get to the late stages you get corneal transplants to try and prevent blindness. One of the symptoms of progression is corneal blisters. Finally had one - OUCH!

Water fitness - I have never had such an intense workout in a pool. When I get done I can barely drag myself out the door. But I am seeing results in my muscle tone, so I'm sticking with it!

I know exactly what you mean about the scale going up and down in cruise. Not so bad if you're prepared for it, but still frustrating.

Sorry you're having a tough time with the health stuff, sander, but you seem to be taking everything in stride so far. Crossing fingers for the eye and for doctors apt this week Cxx

Thanks everyone, the health stuff is part of what was driving me to comfort food so I am trying to out it here so I don't sit around and obsess until I can't solve it without a cookie, pie, cake, scone, etc. :)

Dukan boredom is setting in really quickly this time. I have a ton of recipes and know all sorts of stuff to make, but none of it appeals. Last time through the joy of being able to eat such delicious foods overcame the deprivation of not being able to have breads and potatoes with them. I'm still not really missing those items, but I am just not enthusiastic about any of my meals. But that's OK, I can get enthusiastic about other stuff. Like water fitness - I could actually see a difference in the mirror this morning and my DH says he can tell from the back. My tummy is not lopping over so far, it is actually starting to tone up! I am amazed - DH says the bum and back of the thighs is also showing great degrees of improvement. :p

You're toning up! Congrats!

Not that I want a conversation about food to spiral out of control, but what type of foods have you been really wanting? I've been experimenting with all sorts of things in the kitchen lately. If you tell me what you've been wanting that's not dukan approved, maybe me or someone can come up with a dukan-friendly version?

Fat club last night - down 2.75 lbs. YAY :)
We have been doing a series on mindfulness and intentional eating. They are against restrictive plans like Dukan because they believe that not letting yourself have certain foods leads to overeating and binging and the whole goal of the club is to help us stop the binge-repent-repeat cycle that overeaters get into. It makes a lot of sense and I think it will be useful for me in the long run, but I don't trust myself to not go overboard continually. Last night the discussion was about what you do when you realize you have overdone - are you the type of person that says "Well, I blew it I might as well just go all the way" (yes, that's me) that recognition of overeating should be reinforced as a signal to stop eating not continue on. So we are supposed to focus on the feeling of being overfull and learn to recognize it sooner and focus not on "re-starting" but on prevention. So instead of using a cheat as a an excuse, we should just look at it as an opportunity to learn more about our behavior. We are also supposed to re-focus on our bodies signals over the next 12 hours so that we are able to recognize feeling slower, less hungry, and make choices based on those feeling. After a binge you are supposed to actually feel less physical hunger and your metabolism will slow down as it tries to deal with the excess food. Identify those feeling and associate them with the behavior that you want to change. Sigh... it's a lot of work. But it's work that I think I will need to do once I'm in conso - because that is one of the things I repeated over and over until I gave up.

As to what I want to eat - I really don't want eggs. Not mixed up into muffins, gallettes, dukan bread. The whole thought of eggs make me feel nauseous. I also don't want yogurt. Since those are two staples of my morning routine, I have a hard time being enthusiastic about my dukan day. By lunch time I am OK - but the mornings have been really rough. I've tried having supper for breakfast, but that isn't it. I really want to have a scone and some fresh fruit. So far, I am resisting, just ate my eggs and salsa for breakfast. But am not at all satisfied, but also not hungry.

You talk lots of sense!!

I can't stand eggs if they are runny. I don't mind boiled or scrambled or omelette. Certainly don't mind them mixed into things. For lunch I just had a Dukan pizza. I am so happy right now - tasted wonderful lol xx

Well done on the loss this week, sander! I think the mindfulness is very important, but agree it would be hard for most of us to lose weight that way. Especially if you fall into that first category.

How's the watercise going?

Agreed, I am not ready to just be mindful - my mind is too out of shape :) I'll keep following the rules, but keep on learning about everything else too!
Watercize is excellent - I am really getting quite the workout without the intense pain. I am the only person under 60 in the class, so I feel incredibly young and overly curvaceous. One of the old men spent the whole time trying to chat me up. I guess once you are in that age category you never want to miss a chance. He wasn't offensive and I talked to him about my husband and son and he talked to me about his deceased wife and his grandkids that are my son's age :rolleyes:

Today would be my mom's 90th birthday - happy birthday Mama!
Today looks to be a decent day. I have 3 places to be at the same time, so I have to decide whether to take care of my health commitments - aquacise, my parental duties - cheering at the soccer game, or my professional commitments - milestone kickoff meeting. Normally the professional one would win out - but I am leaning towards the aquacise. I will discuss with my manager and make sure she is willing to fill me in on the schedule for this milestone if I miss the kickoff :)

Health news - well so far the hormone replacement seems to be working - I feel better and am not having any unpleasant side effects. The pain levels are down. Caught the back to school cold from the kiddo along with the rest of our village - one kid gets a cold and boom we all have it!

Food news - still bored. Yesterday was a PV day had a gallette, turkey bacon, grilled steak, cabbage slaw, yogurt, cottage cheese, sugar free felly, lemon pepper chicken and spring greens, sugar free cocoa - not a bad day

Today - PP
- Gallette and turkey bacon
- Grilled chicken and yogurt
- Grilled haddock, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese.

Sander - I'm going to work on scones for you. Do you like pumpkin? I think I might be able to make a pumpkin scone-esque thing. It's impressive also that I have pumpkin in the kitchen to work on this for you. I could also make them carrot flavored as I also have carrots. Or, let's see... I wish I had rhubarb, but my husband won't let me go to Whole Foods to buy some, as it's not available anywhere else. OMG...I'm sure that I could make them butterscotch also with the help of some butterscotch pudding (sugar free, of course).

I also make some really great cinnamon pancakes and a fun chocolate sauce that are Dukan approved. I'm not a huge fan of cream cheese, but I'm sure you could also make some sort of cinnamon cream cheese glaze to put on the pancakes if you like the flavor of cream cheese.

Let me know. The pumpkin ones are happening, though, probably tonight after I do some ESL work at church tonight and watch Bones or Castle on the computer - because what is greater than looking at gruesome death scenes and hunting down a murderer whilst also baking?

Keep up the fantastic work! Watercise sounds like a good time! I've always thought it best to be the youngest in a group.

Back