Tamzy's food diary

Morning T,

official weigh day today!! how are you? xxx

Morning Tamzy, well done

hello everyone, ive had the longest day ever, i just got in and had the most amazing breakfast.. i made a * coconut MIM biscuit* it was to die for!! cant beleive i'm only just getting into it lol. the normal recipe is for one MIM but i find that a half was filling enough which was surprising. so i experimented with my recipe and created a biscuit in the shape of bread:D i'm still thinking about my brekkie lol.

thank you all for your lovely comments, it means alot to me.

Slaj - i didnt no i could add baking powder to the mix but i could give it a try. i'm loving the *mims* i dont feel like i'm missing out on bread and i feel guilty after eating it because it taste too good to be low carb...i just made a quick coconut bread/biscuit with mine as i was starving and havent eaten all day and it was amazing. xx

alpaca and katie - Thank you so much hun, the pics are a motivator for me. how are you? xx

coffeelover - thanks hun, i no its a stupid crave but i really wanted it lol but the craves gone now! hopefully forever lol.. i watch my neice eat it almost everyday and i just feel like stealing some. mmm honey squares are lush, thats a crave worth craving for. hope your having a good day xx

Ems- hello hun, i'm doing fine today, did a lot of lingerie shopping, bought a litre of water to sip on while i was out to avoid temptations and just got home absolutely starving and didnt binge lol.. had the most amazing breakfast and looking forward to lunch lol, i did weigh in again but im still the same as yesterday, so happy!! how are you hun? xx

thanks jim x:D

B - 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of coconut MIM biscuits and a teaspoon full fat mayo. * yummy*

L - quorn chicken pieces stirfried in cabbage.

D - baked haddock, roast tomatoes, leeks and roast asparagus sprinkled with chessire cheese and mayo

3 litres of water as usual and a few coke zeros as i'm going out with the girls tonight.

hope your all having a good day xx

Hey T,

your coconut biscuit sounds yum!!! im going shopping today after work so going to be on the look out for flax seed!! yay on the 5lbs!! only 2lbs till half a stone! how good is that!! ;) your dinner sounds lush!!! im going to get some fish whilst shopping today, havent had any yet really apart from smoked salmon so need to get some. prob some salmon fillets!!! :)

hope you have a good night with the girls huni xxx

yea Ems am so looking foward to the half a stone mile, i'm even thinking of posting 2 different pics of my tummy on here to see if anyone notices a difference lol.

salmon is tasty, you would defo enjoy it with your bacon and creamy cabbage thing yummy! i forgot that i had made some chocolate minimims lastnite and froze them, its such a shame i cant have anymore till tomorrow lol as their so lush, its good for those chocolate craving moments, it really does hit the spot with a lovely cream tea, how did u enjoy your low carb ice cream, did it hit the spot?

slaj - their gorgeous as a treat and u can bring it into work and scrape some cream cheese on top.

recipe

• 1 egg
  • 4 & a half tbs flax
  • pinch of salt
  • 4 tbs sweetener
  • 3 tbs cream
  • 3 tbs water
  • 3 tbs sugar free dessicated coconut
  • 1 tsp butter
beat the eggs until it becomes light, add the salt, cream, water, sweetener , flax and coconut and continue beating. in a seperate cup melt the butter then add it to the wet ingredients.

scoop 2 tbs into a square plastic container and spread thinly across and make sure edges are covered then microwave for 4 minutes untill its all set and well dried out.

repeat the same step to make the 2nd one.

once cooled down place under a preheated grill untill golden brown. leave to cool as it will get harder , then enjoy!! i buttered one and put cream cheese on the other. yummy!!

ooo yes post progress pics! its such a good idea as you see how well your doing!! and gives other motivation.

omg i've put on my shopping list to get unsweetened coco powder cos i thought in the evenings have one with whipped sweetened cream in the middle!! are the choc ones really nice?!

ice cream once again was yummy!! and once again i couldnt wait until it was all frozen! so it had a yummy creamy bit in the centre! but i prefer it like that so much . . . want more tonight already haha! but i might try a choc mouse, whip up cream add sweetener and coco powder! YUM.

xxxx

oooo also your coconut biscuits you could put unsweetened coco powder in couldnt you and make choc biscuits?! add cream in the middle and put in the fridge, almost like an oreo!!! or make cream with coco in it and have a full on choc biscuit! omg im getting way to excited! how nice would that be to have with a cream tea or cream coffee! xxxx

wow em your getting me exited!! your such a gd experimenter with food!! the oreo idea sounds lush.. only god knows how i love those biscuits lol. unsweetened coco powder was what i used in my chocolate minimims but unfortunately the powder is now finished so i need to replace it lol.

and yes the chocolate icecream is gorgeous, no looking back at the carb packed icecreams anymore. also you can make a nice coconut and crushed pistachio icecream yummy!!

i'm gonna try your idea tomorrow and post pics when i can yaaaaay love this forum!

yay!!! i love this forum too!!! i cant wait!!! i think that i will have trouble finding flaxseeds though hmmmmm xxxx

you'll defnately find them in holland and barrat if youve got one near you, and thats a definate. x

They do loads of different ones to if you order from them including ones with berries etc for later on......like porridge!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3463609559.jpg
    image-3463609559.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image-1165059476.jpg
    image-1165059476.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image-4268469244.jpg
    image-4268469244.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 25
  • image-3206099276.jpg
    image-3206099276.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
morning all!

woke up early to do my cooking.. this could take hours as I'm going to cook at least 5 different meals. so tired i had a lovely night out with the girls and i had 3 coke zeros, then late night eating was the largest rainbow salad ever with chilli sauce and mayo and a battered fish! took of the batter obviously lol. ive got this new rule where i'm going to avoid snacking as much as possible.. i'll only have a snack if i feel the need to.:D so here goes

B - was egg and cheese mayo on toasted MIM and a slither of butter. * yummy*

L - stirfried quorn chicken pieces with cabbage, leeks and mushrooms.

D - baked sausage casserole with grated cheese and cream.

1 litre of water down! 2 to go:D

have a nice day x

Attachments

• cheese and egg mayo on toast.jpg
    cheese and egg mayo on toast.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 30
You're doing really well Tamzy and loving your veggie inventiveness!

I'm going to try making the MiMs today... I'm going to see how I can tweak them...which probably means I'll screw them up :D

Baked sausage casserole sounds yum!

Morning Tamzy - lovely pics - and what's this about creamy cabbage? I went back a few pages but couldn't find it - if you have the patience, do please re-post :)

Also - re flaxseed - all brands vary wildly in carb content. I buy Flex Flax online (One Click Pharmacy, places like that), it's about £4 for a bag, is already milled and - wait for it - is zero carbs! or so they claim, it's to do with the milling processing.

So i make a flaxseed loaf from this foccaccia recipe and it lasts the week :)

http://www.minimins.com/atkins-diet-diaries/259571-maddies-induction-diary-2.html#post4718904

Hi Tamzy

I'm just about to start my cooking! Going to make meatballs, burgers and mini quiches! And going to attempt a mim and toast it with butter and marmite! Wish me luck.

Ems xxx

Ps I weighed in . . . Details on my diary :) xxx

Hey pudding - thanks for the comment hun, with me being a veggie I do struggle with food varieties, such a gd thing that I like experimenting, if it wasn't for that I woywould have defo failed! How did your MIM turn out? I tried a savoury one for breakfast this morning and added a lot of different spices in and it was gorgeous, tasted better than wholemeal bread.

Ladyfelsham - thanks hun, wow thought all flaxmeals had the same carbs, I'd defo be on the hunt for the no carb ones! Think I'm getting so addicted to the flax stuff, where have they been all my life?
The creamy cabbage is yummy!! I finely shred up some cabbage and lightly fry it in a little oil and butter then I season it really spicy with salt, pepper and chilli powder and add in some heavy cream then leave it to steam for a while. However emma had a lovely version where she added bits of bacon I think and it sounds yummy but instead of bacon I add a tablespoon of cream cheese to mine, it goes great with steak

Hey Em - how did your 1st MIM turn out, did u like it? Ps I checked your diary and I'm so proud of u hun! Well done .. I'm about to make some soufle type quich and some savoury ones for lunch ... Mmm yumm!! I've been cooking from 9 and still haven't quite finished yet lol and I've still got lunch to prepare which will be the quiche but I've cooked up 3 different dinners which should last me 6 days lol so I jus wanna make sure I got lunch done aswell, lazy week ahead lol! Also going to have a few of your famous egg mayo for lunch this week too. Hope your ok x

Oooo your food sounds delish! You have to share what you've cooked! I didn't like the mim :( I'm convinced I cooked it wrong though cos it was really eggy so I think I need to put in more flaxseeds cos they didn't look like any of the pics of the mims haha! Oops!

Today I made: mini quiche - 6 corned beef and cheese and 6 plain cheese ones, homemade meatballs going to keep these in the fridge for a snack or to go with lunch, homemade beef burgers have just made these and frozen them so will cook in the week for a quick dinner! And chocolate mousse! I whipped up double cream with a few splashes of soya milk, added unsweetened coco powder, sweetener and whisked and hey presto choccy mouse! Quite Atkins friendly too! So that's for mine and bfs pudding tonight! I put chunks of galaxy in his though! Lol

Xxxxxxx

Back