~*~ Tanya's Maint Diary 2 ~*~ Fresh!

No prob with the swaping things around Tan - especially when you're going to be more satisfied, like something warm on days like this!

I'm dead jealous of your afternoon in bed. I'm having far too little time in mine at the moment and I'm not good when that happens but needs must and all that an dit IS nice to be needed :eek:

I start my nights tomorrow though - I'm going to be dead on my feet! :)

You're doing great Tan - and looks like you are as well Irish!! Keep up the good work :) xx

Well Jan, i wasnt actually in bed just led on it watching me programmes - but still is lovely to just lay there!!! Im actually quite proud of myself today - usually when watching a tv series or something i like to sit down and eat whilst watching but today i just led there and didnt even think about food once :) Go Me right?!! :giggle:

I have decided though, im going to have some mushrooms done in fry light with my gammon and veg. Just got a huuuuge craving! :)

Mushrooms = BOKE!

lol!!!!!!!

Sounds like your doing brilliant at getting back on track and atleast your substitutions are good ones :)

Ah chelly i never used to like them untill i came of LT last time now they are yum!! :D x

Eh Tanya, your meals today look really good......non of this skimping going on, which I assume is keeping you pretty full and not wanting to nibble at other things!

Well done!!!!

Day 4

Thanks Iris :D

Day 4 and i feel Grrrrrrrrreattt!!
I woke up and looked in the mirror and i have noticed that the horrible bloaty stomach i've had since christmas has finally done one!!! :D But i still just know i am around 1st/1s7lbs heavier but only tomorrow morning will tell :) :fingerscrossed:

After my little 'episode' last weekend i feel completly happy today and totally fine with the weight i am/will be tomorrow. I am expecting a gain but thats nothing that I can't handle .... :D Onwards & downwards!!!

My weekends will be a little relaxed but other than that its buisness as usual! Oh and im not going out tomorrow night now which is a bonus!!! :D

Anyways todays food:

Friday 8th Jan

B- Banana (100cals) Muesli s.s.milk (230cals)

L- Tuna salad.
Tuna (146cals)
LF Mayo (32cals)
Salad (15cals)
Cucumber (5cals)
Tomato (15cals)
Carrots (30cals)
LF Yog (100cals)
Apple (40cals)

*ham (65cals)

D- Grilled gammon & cooked veg.
Grilled Gammon (200cals)
Cooked Veg (60cals)
Mushrooms (20cals inc spray)
Ketchup (36cals)

*750ml apple & pear s.f squash (23cals)
*500ml water

Total Cals= 1,117

Last edited:
Glad you're feeling good Tan ...... I bet that tum has gone! You're really limiting those calories. I'm sure you'll have a nice surprise when you get weighed in the morning. xx

Thought i'd make you feel better about your car with a little story... imagine the scene - christmas morning, you can't get up my hill in the car because of snow and ice so my partner who had worked nights abandoned it at the bottom. Someone knocks the door saying think you bet move your car there's a woman sliding down the hill and can't move so off i trudge, she's now a few inches from it so i move it down and walk back up.. just before we go out to lunch i think ah i know i'll try getting the car up... i'm walking down and see it and think.. i didn't park it there???????? in all the commotion i didn't put it in gear, it slid into someone else's back end on the ice. Luckily no damage to my car but his bumper was a little damaged, this then popped out but he insists the garage says he has to have a new bumper, anyway to cut a long story short (i'm trying) its gonna cost £385. I then had an mot and guess what.. 4 new tyres and brake pads - £220 so £505 in a week, i'm so angry with myself for not putting it in gear you wouldn't believe - bang goes my january savings AAAArrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh. Never mind i weigh less!!

Thanks Jan. I feel good limiting my cals in the week and its just this weekend to get through. Im kinda leaning towards 4 strict days (tue-fri) and 3 not so strict. No bread and stuff on strict days but have it on non strict days - just to limit it - if that makes sense?! Ive already decided im going to have bread tomorrow with some soup for lunch and ive got nimble bread in so hopefully wont be so bloated after :)

And welshie - well ok, yours makes my cost sound small! Its such a bummer though! Do you always put your car in gear on a hill? I never do - always get told to though :S lol Besides, what would January be without everyone being skint and dipping into the savings hey?! :giggle:

apparently you should put into reverse, i will from now on lol. i was obviously being thick!!

Day 5 - weigh in

:giggle:

Weighed in this morning and not half as bad as i thought - i'm weighing at 12st on the wii (it weighs me 3lbs lighter than the chemist) so my gain is 11lbs .... i thought it'd be much nearer to 21lbs as i jumped on the scales at the start of the week. But hey .. not complaining! lol

Not half as bad as i thought. Im ok with that number - its less than a stone! :giggle:. I know its guna take me a few weeks to get that bad boy down but i shall do it.

Todays food then:

Saturday 9th Jan

B- Banana (100cals) Muesli & s.smilk (230cals)

L- Bowl of soup & 2 slices bread.
Soup - sains bgty moroccan inspired chickpea & spinach soup (122cals)
Co-op seeded wholemeal Bread (200cals)

D- Chicken buhna & brown rice
Rice - 75g cooked (110cals)
Chicken buhna sauce (140cals)
Chicken (222cals)

WW Toffee yog (48cals)

*750ml apple & pear s.f squash (23cals)

*2 gingernut biscuits (100cals)
*1 small fudge, 1 dairy milk from tin of heros (102cals)
*chocolate teacake (75cals)
*ham (100cals)
*1 shortcake biccie w/choccie (90cals)

Total Cals= 1662
-------------------

Probs guna have some vodka & pepsi max's tonight :)

Anyone know exact calories for cooked brown rice?

The packet seems to say 75g as sold is 266cals - is that raw or cooked?

i found this online and my 266 for just 75g cooked rice seems like a heck of alot of calories for that small amount of rice

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-rice-brown-long-grain-cooked-i20037

Last edited:
:giggle:

Weighed in this morning and not half as bad as i thought - i'm weighing at 12st on the wii (it weighs me 3lbs lighter than the chemist) so my gain is 11lbs .... i thought it'd be much nearer to 21lbs as i jumped on the scales at the start of the week. But hey .. not complaining! lol

Excellent result - as you say you'll sort it!

*1 small fudge, 1 dairy milk from tin of heros (150cals) ... anyone got an exact idea of calories for these nawty things?

51 each according to the diet buddy

-------------------

Probs guna have some vodka & pepsi max's tonight :)

Me 2!! (Even though I really shouldn't probably - medication & all that) xx

xxx

well ive managed to convince myself to start the Lp diet, and gosh its been hard.

started on the 2nd of Jan 2010.

1st weigh in i managed to loose 6lbs and was quite chuffed.

still going strong,hopefully i will succeed.xxx

Thanks for that Jan ... less calories than i anticipated. Whats diet buddy?

Oh & medication & vodka just means you dont have to have as many ... less calories but same effect :giggle: ;) lol

Bonnie lass - thats great to hear and fab first loss. Was you meant to post that in here? as this is the maintainence side of LT :) There is a forum purely for those who are on TFR :)

Crackin' up - not diet buddy - my fitness pal ... you know that one I'm sure myfitnesspal.com xx

Nope Jan .... :S

Anyone know exact calories for cooked brown rice?

The packet says 75g as sold is 266cals - is that raw or cooked?

i found this online and my 266 for just 75g cooked rice seems like a heck of alot of calories for that small amount of rice

http://www.caloriedatabase.com/details.asp?search=&id=5254033

Day 6

Sunday 10th Jan

B- Banana (100cals) 2 slices toast (200cals) LF Soft cheese (50cals)

L- mini roast.
1 roast pot
2 boiled pots
roast beef
2 yorkshire puds
lots of mixed veg
gravy

D- 1 southern fried quorn burger (119cals) 10 rustic skin on mccain oven chips

*1litre apple & pear s.f squash (30cals)

*4 shortcake biscuits (360cals)
*jelly beans
*WW toffee yog (48cals)
*too many quality streets :(

Last edited:
Hello Summergirl,

Wanted to come up for air and answer your brown rice question - 266 cals for 75g would be raw. I use FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal which is a great resource if, like me, you like getting nerdy about these things!!! :)

I'm a fellow LT-er, back on TFR to shed the Christmas excesses, and I find your posts totally inspiring! Thank you!

Melanie

Hi Tanya

that is a better gain than you though..phew ;-)! pleased for ya and like you say, a few weeks of tightening your belt and you will get that gone in no time.

I like your concept of being good for part of the week and then not so strict the other part. We need to live at the end of the day!!!!

Well done though :)

We do indeed iris. I just know i wouldnt stick to the strictness i have in the week on weekends so there is no point even trying! :)

Back