Total Solution Taupe's Exante Journey

Thanks Denise and Cate. It is lovely to have the comments. I formally exercise very little - but I am up and down the stairs a lot as our rooms are on the fist floor and we do everything ourselves - so laundry, cleaning, cooking, gardening…and when we get a chance to go out it is usually for a good walk. Water I do drink regularly through the day, both fizzy and still, but don't really keep a tab on how much. Cheating - well I have had the odd lapse and days when I've eaten and had a glass of wine, but not often and I always get back on the 3 packs only the next day. I am certainly no saint, but have been very focussed. I am a little scared of the next stage…managing my own food intake, as the packs do the work for you and you don't have to think bout it. Being responsible for my own food destiny is kinda scaring me. The 3 packs are like a comfort blanket. If that doesn't sound odd!

Just been reading back through your diary Taupe. You've done amazingly well to have lost so much weight since February. Have you decided what you're going to do yet for maintenance? I think I'll probably do JUDDD to lose my last stone - if I ever get there - and then do 5:2 and count calories to maintain. Or I might just join weight watchers and then maintain through that.

OK, and up and down, or down and up(?!) couple of weeks. It has been an extraordinary time as we have had my brother and sister in law who live in Australia and are doing a European holiday, come to stay with us for 4 days. So while I have been careful, I have been eating and I thought that was no bad thing anyway as I prepare for maintenance - I'm still thinking about how I tackle maintenance - though thoughts at the moment are JUDDD - which I've been reading up on and to lay off the heavy carbs!. Any way in the 2 weeks since I've last updated my losses/gains on here I've put on .75lb but actually that was a loss last week and a gain this week, so overall not too bad. The important thing is that this is not a slippery slope now as I am so close to where I want to be weight wise. So back on TS today and as want to lose about another 7lbs before seriously hitting maintenance.

Well done; that's brilliant.

Hope today has been a good one for you :)

All good so far, one pack to have which am going to have at bedtime as a hot shake. actually being back on packs only is quite nice after eating ( weird) I just have to be careful I don't see them as a prop and the be all and end all for my weight problems. I know maintenance on the horizon will be the tough part. Need to up the water though. Now have a fitbit one which I've used for the first time today. Think it will help monitor my activity and will be good for me.

Loving my fitbit as it monitors my activity so well. one of the things it has bought me is that though I am on my feet a lot of the time, the actual number of steps isn't that great - about 6000 a day on average, but pretty good calories burned. I do a lot of standing cooking, cleaning rooms, ironing etc to run the B+B. So am thinking of fitting in some exercise when I can, even if it running up and down the stairs. Hehe. Also just read Cate's diary and it has inspired me. Having been on a VLCD since February and nearing my goal I am thinking seriously about JUDDD and have been reading the book ( not finished it yet as always so busy!). Cate and Weebun have inspired me that JUDDD could work for me too going forward, so I am thinking about tomorrow being my last weigh in on VLCD and then adjusting to JUDDD, which will be a real learning process. Up and down times ahead!

I love my fitbit too, just like that it makes me feel like I should shift my butt ;)

JUDD does like the way to go, basically I think it's what slim people do but don't give it a name, some days they eat more and others they eat less to make up for it.

Good luck :)

Thanks Katie. I agree about the "normal" person mentality. How many times do we think "oh well, I've overeaten and blown my diet I am a failure and may as well carrying on eating…." it is changing the mindset that is important.

Weigh in this morning. Not sure how this happened, the body and weight loss is a strange thing. After a gain last week, I have lost 8 lbs this week, which puts me into the 12s. Hooray. That's given me the confidence to move this week to JUDDD….need to do some more reading and get the fridge prepared. Good luck on your journeys everyone.

OMG that is amazing this far into the diet. Well done. And good luck with JUDDD.

Fabulous Taupe, so happy you've entered the 12's, the 11's will soon be yours xx

Well its been a good week. Have definitely decided to go the JUDDD route as I enter final weight loss stages/maintenance. Weigh in tomorrow so we shall see - though I have had 3 down days and 4 Up days - partly as we had a much needed couple of days off and I was intending to do alternate days but it didn't quite work out that way. . It's been a Down Day today and enjoying the fact that I can eat tomorrow! Been sticking to 3 packs on Down Days.

Weigh in this morning - gained a quarter of a pound. I can live with that as it was the first week off TS. Looking forward to a JUDDD week this week. Though it is scary being responsible for my own in take using real food!

Thanks Denise. UD yesterday and I stuck with tuna, salad, and thai curry and some rice - wasn't very hungry. But today is a DD and I am hungry today so maybe will eat a little more on my UD. Sticking to packs on my DD. Also done the Ice bucket challenge today having been nominated, so just out of the shower. Brrrr.

That little bit of weight is just an apple...so sounds like another great week

Good luck with JUDD, next week should see a loss for you :)

mm, choosing what to eat for yourself is tricky after a VLCD as you have to think about it. In a way I prefer the 3 packs a day routine as it takes "responsibility" out of my hands. But I know you can't live like that forever and I have to make good choices for myself. Have resisted the scales so far this week so Monday will be weigh in. its a DD today.

An interesting week with fasting (3 packs) and up days. Have been taking it carefully and have had 4 DD and 3 UD. Found myself snacking at times on UD so will have to curb that and eat more "normal" food. Weigh in this morning and .75lb gone so pleased with that. My aim now is to slowly lose about another 5 lbs/maintain as I think this weight (or albs laughter) is manageable for me even though my BMI is still in the overweight category. But we will see how it goes… Up day today and just had a strawberry yoghurt.

Yesterday's food - strawberry yoghurt, tuna and bean salad and rice crackers and carrot rape, beef lasagne and salad with coleslaw and beetroot/onion salad, handful of peanuts, various earl grey tea, coffee and water. DD today.

Back