***** Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim NEW Official Thread *****

Hi again

Call me Anni (less tedious than my username) I live in west lothian, married with 2 little girls age 2 and 4 and i work as a delightful Medical Scientist (or mad one, whichever suits!! hehehe).

Tried just about every diet under the sun (ones in which you can eat 'food' food) but it was the usual, lose half a stone or so then put it all back on. Like caz, i was originally going to try LL, but the cost put me off, then i spotted CD. I have stuck to it 100% and so far still smiling at the end of the day. Im taking the kids away for a week in July, so hoping to wear a swimsuit! Doing CD for myself and my girls, so that i can take part in school sports days and ensure my kids eat a great healthy diet.

I hope to help motivate as well as be motivated by all here.... My WI was a thursday, but my CDC changed it to tuesdays. Looking forward to the coming months and seeing a change in myself.

take care all
xxxxxxxxxxx

Night Anni, sleep tight. Thank you so much for joining our team and helping to complete it, I know when Dean logs in he will be ever so chuffed :) we can now get going....I can't wait to enter our results this week. If you give me your weeks loss for this week by Friday evening it will be appreciated, either that or fill your spreadsheet in each week and I can just go off that.

It sounds like your little girls will be a great inspiration to you :d fantastic goal to use. Mine and Rach's are similar as we're both getting married later on in the year :D

Look forward to speaking with you again, and seeing you post on here regularly :D

Stay committed. All my love xx

Caroline and Anni - welcome to the team!!! we are going to rock it!!!!!! sooo happy to have you on board.:bliss:

Im rachel, or rach, or chilli - call me anything you like but dont call me late for dinner, in fact, dont call me for dinner at all cause i cant eat it :8855: sorry, its late and im sleepy. if you couldnt tell, i also have a weird sense of humor. you'll get used to it:D

Caroline, im not only loosing weight for my wedding but also to try for a baby since i have psos and we haven't been able to so far so need to drop the pounds so i can get ivf, if i need to.

Anni, i live in edinburgh! we should meet up sometime if your ever in town.

and i have 2 cats, kitty is a tiny black moggie who is 4 but still looks like a 6 mo. old kitten and we have kisha as well (which is kitty in polish) who is a slightly larger but still small white, grey and ginger moggie.

ill add you 2 as friends and you can have a look at my profile to see pics of my wedding venue and dress, if your interested - if not, dont worry, i will bore you silly with the details in the months to come. ;)

so glad we have some new and motivated team mates. now, lets get to work girls (and our wonderful boy) and kick those other teams bums!!!:talk017:

x

Morning gang!!!

I am so chuffed we are too Rach, its brilliant after 3 or 4 weeks of waiting isn't it!!!

I have a nice start to the day, I am wearing a skirt I haven't in ages and my black top which doesn't half look better on me now due to my 1.5 stone loss :D:D Woop Woop!! I feel really happy today hope it shines through in my confidence!!

As we're talking about pets- Dave and I have our 7 month old Pointer pup, Murphy (Trexon the Trooper ;) anyone recognise it.....Iron Maiden song :D) he is such a bundle of fun, very energetic, like all pointers, keen nose and cheeky sense of humour.....I have a little pic of him on my signature!!

Rach I was thinking of uploading some photos of our wedding venue, dress and honeymoon but not got round to it yet.....might do it at the weekend when I have time!! Love your photos!

Speak to you all later, have a good wednesday!!

Kate xxx

Anni/Caroline, welcome! Its nice to have a full set again of 5 women whinging and whining, talking bags and shoes etc etc etc!
Only playing, the other guys are the tops.
We all have our moments but with support, we get through it, you'll see!
Rach, egg white and steamed frozen cod.....umm, stick to my tantalising cranberry crunch bar I think!
I am having a "feel fat" day today for some reason, dunno why, havent cheated or anything - maybe Ive had too much water?
Tell you wot though, I see a bloke today that I havent seen in a few months, first thing he said was "Alright geeze, you lost weight or wot". That pleased me, so I guess that this "feeling fat" thing, may just all be in my mind!
Another thing, me and Stace, we went through my wardrobe (small unit in the corner of Stacey's 6 wardrobes) and we bagged up all my "fat" clothes.
I tried them on and I looked like one of those teenagers who wear their jeans around their bum and all their clothes look like they are 4 sizes too big!
OHHHHHH YESSSSSS - what a feeling! I have bagged clothes before cos they were too small, never cos they were too big!
What a feeling, kinda gives you the extra motivation to see this through and makes you understand why we are all doing this.
Anyway, once again, welcome to Anni & Caroline, lets kick some ass!
Take care my chicks!
Dean

hi guys :) Methinks we have the best team!!! Dean, us whinge??? never heard of such a thing! Righty roo peeps, when do i get this spreadsheet thingy to log my 3lbs for this week?? Im having a 'thinner' day today as my usual work trousers are a bit loose (or maybe its the big granny knickers i put on that pulling them down.) My mini celebration was the fact my lab coat now doesnt pop when i sit down! Oh yeah! Im having a cranberry bar too for dinner with a big cup of extra strong yahoo cowboy coffee (as my dad used to call it) Caffeine overload. xxxxxxx Hope everyone is doing well tonight. Going to log into my gmail and see whats going on there

I dream of that day i can get rid of my fat clothes!... i may keep one top though that im wearing just now (to remind me how big i was) I had a wee cry last night on DH's shoulder, just got a tad emotional about the whole thing and hoping i really do this. i want this so much that the thought of failure is scary. But, today i am much more confident. Go me!!....

Go you indeed Anni! Just keep your goal clear in your head, picture yourself as you want to be and keep that picture in your head, it will keep you strong. As the weight falls of you and your clothes get bigger and bigger, you will find it much easier to stay motivated.
remember, your team is always here to give you support too, or just if you want someone to rant at who wont judge you.

I bought myself a yoga mat today and came home and practiced the moves i learned last night. think i need to keep to the simple ones till i really know what im doing, almost broke my neck when i got my feet behind my head and then tried to raise them up to the sky again.
I walked to and from work today so feeling pretty chuffed with myself. :king2:
off to do some girly maintnance, martin has been away for 2 weeks but he comes home tomorrow. will be gutted if he doesnt notice my weight loss but im sure he will, everyone else has.
hope everyone is doing well.
any crazy customers today Dean?
Kate, hope your shift wasn't too hard. did you get to the gym yet?
Dee, where are you honey? hope your not working too hard.:D
xx

Evening all-

Dean- wow, well done mate, thats brilliant :D really pleased for you on both counts and reakon it can only show you that your 'fat day' feeling is in your head alone!! Keep on with it honey!!

Rach- yeah work was okay, I met a new lady who is starting with us, she seemed nice enough, only problem is the overtime available is going to start going down once the two new people start so I am going to suffer each pay day :( if it gets too bad it will leave me no choice but to look for a better paying job but down here that is so hard :( slightly worried but we'l see how we get on. We went to the gym- I didn't push it too hard but can feel it, enjoyed it though. I bought my allowed veg from tescos afterwards and looking forward to tucking into a chicken stir fry tomorrow night :D albeit a dry one!!

Anni- I had exactly the same moment with Dave a few weeks back, I was thinking about food so much and wanted to blow it but want to lose weight so much too, its a difficult thing to deal with as its not just losing weight we need to tackle but also in most peoples cases an addictive eating problem. I bought a Gillan Riley book on it and it has some helpful tips in, enjoyed reading it, may help to give it a go?!

Caz, I hope your okay and have had a good day!

Right, off to have my last shake, feeling bit peckish.

Love to you all xx

Hi Guys

Wow - so much going here, welcome to Caz and Anni! Great to have our team up and running.

Now I feel even worse about the confession I have to make, let's just say I haven't been a very good girl this week. It all started with some emotional stuff happening at work (I am an emotional eater) combined with Australia Day (did I tell you that I am Australian?). One of my colleagues who is also Australian made all this stuff that I used to enjoy as a child and I just went for it. To top things off that day ended up with an ex-colleague and good friend that I haven't seen in over a year turning up and making me go for a drink. I am normally soooo good at just drinking water at the pub, but I just had no willpower that day.

So I know it's just one day, and I am back on the wagon now, but I haven't lost anything at all this week yet. So annoyed with myself, and so sorry to have let you all down! I am going to be good from now on, promise.

How is everyone else getting on? Kate, how are you doing at the gym? I have never been much into exercise but I really want to get into it this year. I have been kind of cautious while on CD though as they say not to go too hard while on minimum cals. Does it make you feel weak or funny? I'd love to hear because I definitely want to start myself.

And so funny that you guys are talking about yoga, one of my friends has talked me into taking a yoga class with her. We haven't started yet and I have never done anything like that in my life. What do you wear to do yoga?!! Rach - help me out :eek: Seriously, I have no idea. She's making me sign up for yoga and aqua aerobics, oh god I have to buy some swimmers.. Freak out!

Hey Dean - I'm loving your cab stories. And I reckon you should get rid of those fat clothes! Except perhaps for one pair of trousers to try on when you are having a fat day to help give you some perspective maybe?

Well, I am off work tomorrow and going to hit the last of the January sales. I have a big birthday coming up in a couple of weeks and think I deserve something new to wear :rolleyes:. Well, you know I am actually enjoying clothes shopping for the first time in my life!!

Ooh, that does remind me though, really really sorry about this guys. I am going to have a week off CD from the 12th-19th Feb. I'll do my weigh-in on the 12th that week (it's a thursday), not sure what to do the following week. But then I promise I will be good and keep on track and will be a fully fledged member of this team! Oh god, I feel really bad now.

Well, welcome to the newbies and hope everyone is well and getting on fabulously.

Lots of love
Dee xx

Now I feel even worse about the confession I have to make, let's just say I haven't been a very good girl this week. It all started with some emotional stuff happening at work (I am an emotional eater) combined with Australia Day (did I tell you that I am Australian?). One of my colleagues who is also Australian made all this stuff that I used to enjoy as a child and I just went for it. To top things off that day ended up with an ex-colleague and good friend that I haven't seen in over a year turning up and making me go for a drink. I am normally soooo good at just drinking water at the pub, but I just had no willpower that day.

Honey- do not feel guilty, you are allowed to fall off the wagon every now and again it only helps us learn more about ourselves and what we want from our weight loss and if you enjoyed it and it was related to something important for you then no guilt....okay?!?!

Kate, how are you doing at the gym?

Well- we went for first time yesterday and it was okay, I didn't push it too much just did 20 mins cardio then some weights....I am now on SS+ so finding having the food does help me :D but I knew it would anyway in more ways then one. You should give your exercise a go babes, at least try it and see how you get on...... I am thinking of trying a yoga for beginners class at my gym the week after we get back from holiday :)

Ooh, that does remind me though, really really sorry about this guys. I am going to have a week off CD from the 12th-19th Feb. I'll do my weigh-in on the 12th that week (it's a thursday), not sure what to do the following week. But then I promise I will be good and keep on track and will be a fully fledged member of this team! Oh god, I feel really bad now.

Babes, its your birthday week- ENJOY- we will manage, if you enter your loss the day before you finish for your week off, we can treat you as a STS the next week :) no worries!!!

Hope you enjoy shopping honey.....Its amazing when you can shop for those size smaller clothes isn't it :):) go for it!!

Off to work now team- stay strong, enjoy your thursdays!!

WI results needed tomorrow (Sat for you Dean if your being weighed then!!)

KATE xxx

I've added the emails of the 2 new members to have access to the spreadsheet and edit etc..

But did you guys have to delete my sheet? I was still using it, now I can't remember my details :(

Hi Guys, There was a bereavement and I couldnt log on. Have I been replaced? If not great coz i really need this. If I have been replaced then im sorry to have let you down.

Back