***** Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim NEW Official Thread *****

I've added the emails of the 2 new members to have access to the spreadsheet and edit etc..

But did you guys have to delete my sheet? I was still using it, now I can't remember my details :(

Hi Missy,
I called kate right after i sent you the message on your profile. she has no idea what has happened either. she was at work so could not check her computer.
she said she sent a link to the new girls and they added themselves but she did not think they had deleted anyone.
so, we are totally confused and very very sorry for the mix up.
If you are having trouble remembering your losses, check your weight loss ticker.
if you have been entering the date everytime you have updated it, you will be able to get a graph off it charting your losses.

again, very sorry since you had gone to so much trouble for us, please understand it was not intentional.

hope your well,
rachel

does anyone know how missy got deleted off the spreadsheet? and does anyone know what has happened to the spread sheet. when i logged into google docs to check, it was gone!!!!!

Hi Guys, There was a bereavement and I couldnt log on. Have I been replaced? If not great coz i really need this. If I have been replaced then im sorry to have let you down.

Hi Nya,
I called Kate at work to tell her about your post and discuss what to do. We are both very sorry for your loss and feel awful about the decission we all felt we had to make regarding the team.
We do not feel it would be righ to kick either of the new girls off but we also do not feel right about not letting you be part of the team.
We have an idea, please let us know what you think of it.
Posting results is a very small part of what the team is about. We log on here to give and get support, right?
So how about this.....
You stay on our team, you record your losses like the rest of us on the spreadsheet so that you are still part of it and we can all see each others progress but we do not include your results on the official team postings to Irene.
would that work for you? You would still be part of the team, get all the support, give us support but just wouldn't be 'official'.
Please dont take offence to this idea. If you don't think that would be good for you, I would take the un-official role and stay off the weekly postings.

Let us know what you think, and again, sorry for your loss. Please let us know what we can say or do to help you through this tough time. :hug99:

New Spreadsheet

Ok Folks,
I have figured out how to make a new spreadsheet. doing it now and then will go through all the onld posts, find your e-mails and send it.
Phew!

Hi guys

I filled my details in tonight, but didnt delete anything. I dont mind bowing out to let the original member back in! last one in and all that. I wont be offended, honestly. I will still hang around here and lean on everyone for support (as well as offer it when i can) take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey honey, can you do me a favor and check your google docs to see if you still have the original sheet just in case its only me.
I sent you a link to the new one but it has a different name, just 'weight-record'

Dee - couldnt find your e-mail address, can you post it or send it to me so i can send you the new sheet.

Everyone else, including Nya - check your docs to see if you have the original sheet, if not, you will have an invite to the new one.
xx

Hi guys

I filled my details in tonight, but didnt delete anything. I dont mind bowing out to let the original member back in! last one in and all that. I wont be offended, honestly. I will still hang around here and lean on everyone for support (as well as offer it when i can) take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Guys

Right I guess as leader I need to make a decision- Nya- I am very sorry to hear about your loss, obviously we did not know of your tough times and we meant nothing we have said or anything else we say in malice, if there is anything we can do to help then please let us know honey!!

I would say that Anni and Caz stay on the team, we set a deadline of Tuesday pm; we have to take the team moral into account, which lets face it was beginning to dwindle a little. Nya I think we would all agree that you haven't been online a great deal prior to this last week anyway and I'm sorry but we need more....as it says in previous posts I work long hrs and having the information to hand when I log in is the most helpful.....I had none of that from you either on your profile or spreadsheet and if I am going to lead this team I need the full backing from everyone....

I think what Rachel has suggested would be the most sensible, because if you can't log in as often as we need just being on our team for support but not submitting losses would be ideal, there will always be someone around each day to answer any of your posts and provide support. You will still be part of our team, well and truly :hug99:

I really hope I don't come across to harsh, because I don't mean too, but this week has been very trying, my first as team leader and it seems far more complicated than it has to be.

Missyl --- I'm sorry hun but I have no idea where you went on the spreadsheet and I can only presume you have deleted it off all of our emails, no offence meant if you haven't!!!(?) I am sure no one would have meant to do it on purpose if they did. Hopefully because your still in the early stages of CD you will remember your first few weeks losses easy enough. It looks like we're all in the same boat having to fill in new spreadsheets now anyways....so SNAP!! I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey hun and thanks again for the leadership you gave us hun!! :D

Rach- thanks for texting me darlin, lovely to chat to you....thanks for posting our thoughts on here too and helping out.

So, heres wishing this post doesn't offend anyone because I think if it did I'll be sat here crying the way I'm feeling after all this.

Dean & Dee- I hope your both okay.

Lots of love to everyone!! xxx

i didnt delete either just added on!, we exchanged today!, next week tues we move into a holiday let for 2 weeks, hopefully we will get broadband, if not ill updte my weight loss from work!, hope you u all had a food free day!, Day 5 for me tomorrow!, stood on the scales at work and had a little smile :)

Hi Caz,
Well done today...its only gunna get better, and great new about the house :D fantastic. Can't wait to hear more hun.
Take care xxx

hey guys,
can you let me know if you got the spreadsheet so kate knows where to check your results tomorrow?
kate, sent it the e-mail account you just messaged me on, had it wrong before. did you get it?

Yeah I have it now honey, thank you, edited all my info will weigh myself Sunday before entering our results as I have started SS+ and not sure if it will affect me, so giving it few days to kick in xx

Caz, have you got the spreadsheet sorted too now?!

I know everyone has different WI days with their CDC's mine is usually Mon/Tues but the rules state we have to enter our loss percentages by 6pm Sunday evening and as we have already missed out on 3/4 weeks results we are all keen to get started this week.

If everyone can be trusted to give me there WI results on time I am happy to leave needing results until Saturdays 5pm?! I only kept it to Friday as thats what Missyl had asked for when she was leader.

Up to you all!! So long as your weekly results are in your spreadsheet I should be okay each week :D

Kate xx

Hi guys!

I still have the link to the original spreadsheet in my inbox!! Am i supposed to click on it, enter my details and save and close??? Will this mean everyone can see my details? Or am i actually supposed to send it onto someone???

Last edited:
Hi Guys, Thank you so much for your kind words and Ideas. I would like to remain on the team - even if that'a unofficial so to speak. I have a lot of weight to lose and Im in it for the long haul.

I weigh in saturday mornings and I commit to having the results to you before 5pm. I will post them here and update the spreadsheet. I will also log in at least once every 2 days to see how everyone else is doing.

Hi to the new team members, it's great to see that there are so many committed to losing the Cambridge way. I have had a quick look on the new spreadsheet. It's so motivating to see how quickly you're all losing and the BMI grade coming down WOW!! I cant 'weight' until im in a lower category

Hi Team
Hope all is well, welcome back Nya, sorry for your loss!
Sorry I anit been on, have had mega painful trapped wind - to you girls its trapped wind, but for me as a bloke, its MEGA PAINFUL! You know how it goes, man flu etc etc.
Blimey it hurt.
Am gonna ask my CDC if its anything to do with CD as I dont recall having it before, has anyone else had it since coming on CD?
Kate, I am happy to list by 5pm on Saturdays, as my weigh ins are Sat morning.
Caz, yeah just fill in your details on your spreadsheet and Kate will be able to pick the details up from it.
So, have we all been good?
I had a little moment yesterday when I could have easily given in, Stacey had a car accident, some div pulled straight out of a side turning and smashed straight into her.
Stacey was unhurt but the damage to her Porsche will cost around £1200, ouch! Luckily, Stace has fully protected no claims.

Anyway, I felt like having something to eat, but told myself it was all mind over matter - got through it anyway, and no probs today!
Off to Asda now, gotta get the weekly shop (being dragged around like a puppy by Stacey!)
Be back later all.
Take care, be good
Dean
PS: Did I say Porsche? Silly me, her Ford Ka took a bad hit!

Dean,
that sucks. Glad your wife is OK. and well done you for overcoming your desire to eat. your well on your way to breaking your addiction!

Anni - if you have the link to the original, can you e-mail it to me [email protected]

hope all are doing well, im off to yoga!

Hey, Guys, im really struggling today, well tonight :( Can i suggest that saneasineverwas , keeps there rightfull place, over me. I would like to still be part of your team, but as a bystander. I havnt eaten or anything, but im worried that come sunday/monday when i see the CDC, im gonna give in :(. Please dont be mad with me, I dont want to let you all down , now that you have got your team together, or waste your time. Nothing more to add, feel disapointed with myself feeling like this and because ive found such a lovely bunch of people like you.

Awww caroline *hug* things will get better, i promise and im sure you will have lost weight by the time you see your CDC. Dont leave the team! Its the belonging to a team like this that will help you think before cheating. You can do it, we all can and we need each other for support. Hope tonight gives you more strength. Treat yourself to a nice long bath xxxxx

Dean - hope stacey is ok and you survived the wrath of Asda!

Hope you other guys are doing well.

Big test tomorrow...im off to friends tomorrow afternoon with the kids, lots of finger foods 'n' cakes 'n' stuff plus beers and wine! Fizzy water in fridge to chill, peanut crunch bar and tetra in the bag. Fingers crossed i survive the aroma mmmmmmmm

catch you guys soon.

Anni -x-

ps did my results go over on the spreadsheet?? Chilli, was it the original i sent you?

Caroline, you will find that the first few days are really hard, you may get the odd headache, and generally may feel crap because all this CD is new to you! Get through that, and you are well on your way, you CAN do this chick! I am not going to lie and say that CD is easy, far from it, but again, get through the initial few days, then its all mind over matter - I PROMISE!
You have to ask yourself what you want more, food and excess weight or do you want to go without for food a while then be the size that you have wanted to be since??????
Again, its about programming your mind, look at me, I started on 24st11lbs - a right bucket of lard - ok, Im no stick man at the moment, nor do I ever want to be, but as soon as you start to see a reduction on the scales or on the tape measure - I promise, it gives you such a buzz - more than any food gives!
I hope that you can continue as many people give in within the first week as it is harsh but get past it and see the dress sizes reduce!

Anni - yeah, Stace is fine, I know that cos she's moaning at me again, YIPPPEEEE, back to normal!
I did survive Asda, had a few shakey moments and didnt think that I would be able to cope, but I was relatively good, I only knocked 4 other trolley users out of the way with my trolley, managed to avoid a collission with 2 child pedestrians around the music section and avoided the broken cordial, swerving at the last minute to avoid a definate skid!!
At your friends tomorrow, just remember, its all mind over matter - you can do it - we have all had our moments with food around us, its hard but as we have proved, its do-able! You'll be fine!
Rach, how was the Yoga - do you feel stretched, calm, chilled and relaxed??
Is this all new to you or have you been into it for a while?
Hope all my teammates are chilling and are ok!
Spk soon guys
Adios
Dean

Evening all.

Right Caz, if your happy to be a bystander then so be it, its going to be great having a 7th team member to share stories with and support, and if you happy allowing Nya to stay on the team then great. I just wanted this team issue sorted now.

So NYA- YOU ARE BACK ON THE TEAM 100%-- please let me know you see this to confirm!! Also really nice to read your commitment to the team, your log in every 2 days and spreadsheet comments :D

Anni- I hope you have a good time this weekend, stay strong!!

Dean- So sorry babes to hear about Stacey, send my love, hope the car hasn't come off too badly although by the sounds of things it may have.....is it a write off??

Well I have finished work for 8 days now :D cannot wait to go on holiday Monday- I am back on Sat so will be able to enter our losses still although if I can't log into the forum during the week via my phone then I won't be around much for support sorry, but I know Dean & Rach will be!!

So- SATURDAYS ARE NOW OUR WEIGHT LOSS DEADLINE DAYS- 5PM AT THE LATEST PLEASE GUYS!!

Hope your all well!

Kate xx

Caroline - stick in there honey! I hated the first 5-8 days, worst days i have had in a very long time. first 3 days had a migrane and felt hungry. after that past i just felt really foggy headed, hard time getting up in the morning, tired, cold, basic crappy feeling. Once i got through that it just kept getting better and better.
Hand on heart i can tell you that i have never felt better in my life than i do now. I feel healthy, energized, and motivated in a way i never thought i could. I am getting up early everyday to walk to work, something i never even thought of doing before because sleep was so much more important to me than anything else but mow, being healthy and feeling fit are more importent so getting out of bed is easy (well, most days :D).
I also used to have problems with my confidence, depression and anxiety. I honestly think this diet is helping me get over all of it. I think its a combination of the nutrients, the detox it gives you, not drinking and feeling better and better about myself as I loose weight and prove to myself that i can do the one thing i thought would be the hardest for me to do.
Please give it a chance Caroline. I promise it gets easier and you will feel 100 times better once you are into week 2. its only another week of your life to struggle through and the rewards far outweight the pain.

Dean, glad all is back to normal. hope the car is soon too.
I have done yoga in the past but my lazyness got in the way. I am now totally motivated and going to classes twice a week and practicing at home almost everyday. I love it. I feel relaxed and strong afterwards and the boy is loving how bendy i am getting ;)

Kate, text me if you need me to do anything for you, ill be home every night but working all weekend :(

Im going away to Israel to visit my grandma and dads side of the family next saturday for 10 days. Im nervous about their reaction to the diet and being able to stick to it while there. Jewish grandmothers are not known for their ability to refrain from feeding their granddaughters. I might just cry if she makes me a cheesecake but i swear i will not eat it!

hope you are all still well and rockin' the CD!!!
GO TEAM!!!

Back