Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim Official Thread

Hi guys
Am gutted, a lady that added me as a friend has just told me that she has come off cd on her second day, she stated that she found it too harsh, which I can fully understand, it just hits home here what we are all trying to achieve and the sacrifices that we are making to achieve those goals!
Apart from that, I'm ok today, no probs and most of all, no cravings/side effects - which is an ongoing bonus.
Chilli, nice to hear from ya, hope alls well, and welcome to our little corner of the cd forum.
Missy, hope that your ok hun, am happy for results to be submitted when you decide, but am desperate to get some figures down on the spreadsheet, just so that I can see that I am moving forward (hopefully) will that still be ok even if the team decides to submit results next week?
Hope that makes some kinda sense!?!?
Kate, hey you, whilst typing this, your at the movies, enjoy it - now that your reading this, your back from the movies - was it good?
Sane/Dee - hope your well guys and having good days!
Take care all and in the style of Brucie and Tess, "KEEEEP LOSING".

Missy
Just checked our weight loss charts and saw your 11lbs loss, dunno if I missed something on here and didnt see it, but now that I have WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must feel great!
That also answers the dodgy question that I asked you earlier!
You must be chuffed!

Thanks bigfella :) I was actually just about to tell you that, yes always fill in details in the spreadsheet - its a good way to see our losses on the screen ^_^

I was def very happy when I got that loss, imagine losing almost a stone in one week? (i knw most of it is water weight - but still!) I've been on atkins and other stuff, and never come this close to losing.

Off course its not the easiest of diets (esp when you get that tang of craving) but for me at least, its the most effective (and simplest - in its methods)

So when, if you ever have difficult moments just think of the amazing results you will have. It takes 3500 calories to burn a pound of weight, (30mins on medium speed bike loses about 200 calories!) so just losing an average of 2lbs a week is amazing!

I'm just gonna keep singing my mantra, stick at it until goal - lets all sing it lol

Hi team,
I'm just back from my first meeting and all stocked up. I love my CDC. she is a nurse in her day job so it makes me feel even safer working with her. Also, her scales are different from mine and im 2lb thinner on hers! but for the weekly WI's im going to stick with my own scales since ill be able to do that any day we choose. Is it friday's? I think mine will still count for this week since ive been on Atkins since saturday. Im starting CD SS on thurday since im off for 4 days and it will be easier to get used to in my own time.

Missy - if your back hurts only on this diet could it be your kidneys rather than your back? since your drinking so much water? or cause your detoxing so your kidneys are working harder to clean you out? just a thought. Ill ask my CDC next week if she's had people complain about that before.

Bigfella - don't worry about the quiters, they will come to it in their own time. Maybe her goal wasn't strong enough to keep her going. I know that if i started this journey a year ago i would have fallen off the wagon. It is only because i have a goal in a shortish time frame that I think i am able to really be clear on this and keep my will strong.

Kate - hope you have fun at the cinema. ill see ya on the bride thread.
xx

Evening all!!

Firstly, Missy WELL DONE GAL so pleased for you sending tonnes of :hug99: :D

Dean- glad all is well your end and your battling on, your doing so well. The cinema was good, we went to see Yes Man, good film, quite funny but not as funny as I expected!!

Rach- well done on your meeting hun, glad you liked it. I really liked my CDC too and found her really easy to chat too so glad I started this :D I think like you I will use my own weigh ins to add to the spreadsheet, plus I can get my real weight as I weigh in starkers ;)

I can't wait to get started tomorrow, I know I will be at work and it may be a struggle but then again that may help me :) keep me distracted somewhat. I have my diet diary sorted, my fat photos glued in and my goals written. I'm going to carry it with me so I can write in my feelings throughout the day!

Just watching Clare Sweenys program where she eats what she wants when she wants etc and has put on over 1.5 stone in about 6-7 weeks :( interesting program!

Dee- hope your okay and if you have started back at work all has gone okay :D

Love to you all xxx

Morning everyone.
Right today is Day 1- I have yet to try my first meal of the day, porridge, I thought I would leave it a little bit until later on in the morning to keep me going for longer :D I am working 11am-10pm today so won't be online until later tonight, unless I am lucky enough to finish earlier *dream on* ;)

I have planned to have porridge, choco mint, veg soup and banana bliss for meals today :D hoped by planning it would help me somewhat!

Right off to sort out me porridge, love to you all, hope your all ok, and Rach hope your first days goes well....or did you say your waiting until tomorrow to start?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lol bride you have overwritten my data in the spreadsheet! (Your suppose to click on the tabs at the bottom the one with your name, and then fill the data on that page)

I'll just duplicate the one you filled out, and copy it to yours. But please be careful in the future cos I might have forgotten my details =P

Rules on the spreadsheet:

Do not edit/fill out ANY of the blue fields. The only fields you fill out are the YELLOW boxes. (Once you've filled these out, they will automatically change the other boxes)

So just put in your:

• Weight (in pounds only, the yellow box)
  • Height
  • Start Date
  • And then every week, just enter in your new weight in the yellow box, in pounds. Voila, rest is done for you.

chilli-chill I think your right about it being kidneys (or maybe liver?) I'm drinking about 3 to 3 and half litres of water. Not in a short time, throughout the whole day.

Its not really too much, or too little. So what exactly would cause it? :( Maybe I'll ask my CDC next week (but she's kinda useless at these things lol)

Woops sorry!! I didn't realise, got bit confused obviously!

Have done it correctly now!

Anyways----- DAY 1 is almost complete. It has been okay, I have enjoyed all the flavours, some more than others though. I do feel hungry but I think as Dee said to me its more food craving than hunger. I feel okay, little headache but nothing major. I am looking forward to day 2 and proud of myself for sticking to it and not failing at the first hurdle!!

Hope everyone else is well!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I just searched the forum for receipe ideas and found the following, thought I would post them on here too for us to find easily, if you ever wanna try anything different and report back. I know I will do eventually.

RECIPES:

Muffin
Put a little boiling water into a ramekin dish or whatever you have - thick mug or similar (about 2 dessert spoons to begin with - you can add more later if necessary).
Add the choc pack (or whatever flavour you desire) and mix it to a thick paste so thick you think it’s too thick.
Put into the microwave on high for just over a minute-if it looks soggy in the middle put it back for about 10 secs or so.. BE CAREFUL IT DOESN'T BURN

ICE CREAM
Put 11 ice cubes in a liquidiser (a strong one) and crush the ice. Add a food pack (chocolate is a good one) - add a small amount of water (about 2tbsp) and liquidise for 5 mins. You end up with a big bowl of "ice cream". (The texture resembles more of frozen yoghurt, but it is still very nice)

Alternatively if you have tetra packs (pre made shakes) these are delicious frozen overnight and then allowed to thaw for 30mins – 1 hour) they taste exactly like a block of ice-cream!

JELLY
1/2 litre water
1 & 1/2 scoops of mix a mousse
few drops of food colouring (optional)
1 teaspoon of water favouring
Blend then put in ramekins or bowl. Chill for 2-4 hours until set.

MOUSSE
Put 150mls of water into a Pyrex Jug and put into the freezer compartment for 15 to 20 minutes. Take out the water as soon as crystals start to form on the surface.
pour the shake pack onto the surface of the water.
Without stirring pour the scoop of Mix-A-Mousse onto the top of the shake pack.
Put a high quality hand blender (500 watts or more recommended) into the mixture and blend for 60 seconds
Pull out the blender and scrape the remaining powder and mixture back into the mixture with a spoon and blend for a further 15 seconds
Return the pyrex jug to the freezer compartment for 10 minutes (you can leave for longer if you want a more ice cream texture).

SMOOTHIE
Place 10-16 ice cubes (depending on your preference), a pint of water and your food pack in a smoothie maker and blend for approx 3 mins. Makes about 2 pints of delicious,cold,frothy drink in whatever flavour you like.

BAR OF CHOCOLATE
You can make chocolate out of a chocolate pack-or choc mint. Mix pack with a bit of water until you have a thick paste, then spread on some tin foil and put in the freezer for an hour or more.
Variation: use half chocolate and half vanilla for a mars bar.

CHRISTMASSY
HOT NOGGINS
hot vanilla shake with a sprinkle of cinammon OR nutmeg

split a vanilla pack in half, add 2 tsps of coffee and 1 sweetner and a sprinkle of either cinnamon of mixed spice. Add just over half pint of hot water whizz up and and then add cold to top up. Sit backand thnk you are in starbucks and then have another one!!

READY BREK!
Hot toffee walnut shake (or vanilla shake) with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a tea spoon of psyllium husks (NOT
TOO MANY PSYLLIUM HUSKS OR IT GOES LIKE WALLPAPER PASTE)!

BLACK FOREST GATEAU
10 ice cubes, chocolate pack, 8oz water and 1.5tsp of summer fruit (in the smoothie maker).

CHEESECAKE SMOOTHIE
Vanilla pack, 10 ice cubes, 8oz water, tsp sunshine orange flavouring all in smoothie maker.

CHEESECAKE MOUSSE
Vanilla pack, 1 tsp sunshine orange and mix-a-mousse in 2 ramekin dishes, set in fridge.

CHOCOLATE BISCUIT
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a small plate on a piece of greaseproof paper, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for about 2.5 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolaty biscuit with a "dunking" texture.

BLACK FOREST COOKIE
Add 1 choc pack to sparkling water(3 tbs give and take) add fruits of the forest flavour(half a teaspoon) put in the microwave for one minute(let it settle) and

you have the fluffiest cookie ever.

CHOCOLATE FUDGE
1 chocolate pack, 1/4 cup of hot water,2 or more crushed sweeteners, 1tsp of coffee(if you like), mix well it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 mins. It comes out as a thick gooey mess which tastes like fudge.

LOLLIES
Try one of the sweet milkshake packs mixed with 200-300mls sparkling water and pour into lollipop moulds and freeze overnight. Bear in mind that to eat the whole food pack you will have to eat all the lollies. (The fruit flavoured ones are best i.e. strawberry,fruits of the forest, banana etc)

CAFFE LATTE
Mix a hot vanilla shake add a teaspoon of coffee and some sweeteners if required.

(This can also be adapted to allow for people who do not like drinking black coffee, but need a daily caffeine fix, just add a teaspoon of vanilla pack to your coffee to whiten it).

CHOCOLATE PUDDING
AND CHOCOLATE SAUCE
Microwave most of the choc pack like a muffin but keep some aside and mix into a thick paste whilst the muffin is cooking. Take muffin out and smear with thick choc goo and eat. This can be done with vanilla 'icing' too.

CHOCOLATE CUSTARD
Dissolve a sweetener in approx 70mls hot water. Add a chocolate pack. Microwave for approx 40 secs. Makes lovely hot choc custard, a whole pack can be sickly so use half the quantities and have it on top of a choc muffin.

HOT CHOCO MINT
Make up some strong peppermint tea. Mix a choc pack with hot water and a couple of sweeteners (depending on your taste) add the tea. Microwave for approx 20 secs and stir(better if you whisk with an aero latte)

CHICKEN STUFFING
Mix as you would do for a muffin but use a chicken and mushroom pack instead. Cook in microwave for 1min 40 secs approx depending on how dry you like it.

POPPADOMS
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1.5 mins. When it starts to bubble open up the micro and let is settle for a sec. Keep opening and letting it settle until(the poppadom) starts to turn golden(don't take your eyes off it) when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool then peel it off and enjoy.
Be careful of overcooking as this will make it taste bitter.

CRISPS
Recipe as for poppadom above but make them into smaller bite size pieces, (and be careful when using the veg flavour as the larger carrotty bits can burn). You can add pepper or tabasco sauce to liven up the packs.

ICE LOLLIES
Make up the water flavouring (any flavour) a bit stronger than you'd normally make-again in its all to your tasting - put into ice lolly moulds and freeze.

LEMON SORBET
Ice cubes in the smoothie maker with some water to make it slushy, add water flavouring to your tasting and hey presto you have a sorbet/slush puppy.

BISCUITS
Cut up a bar into 8-10 pieces. Arrange on a microwave plate, usually only put 3 in at a time to give them the space they need to expand. Microwave approx 1.5 mins or until you can see that they have stopped bubbling. Be careful as they may start burning from the inside out. Use a knife under the biscuits to prize them off the plate and turn them onto their backs (onto a cold plate) and leave until cooled and hardened.

chilli-chill I think your right about it being kidneys (or maybe liver?) I'm drinking about 3 to 3 and half litres of water. Not in a short time, throughout the whole day.

Its not really too much, or too little. So what exactly would cause it? :( Maybe I'll ask my CDC next week (but she's kinda useless at these things lol)
Hey missy -
My CDC is a nurse so ill ask her, she might have a better idea than your CDC due to her background. anyway, whats a little backpain for 11lbs of loss? YOU GO GIRL!!!!

I started today rather than waiting till tomorrow. decided to just go for it. all i was doing was putting off the enevitable, right? Im really proud of myself for doing that since i had planned on making a lovely bit of roast beef for my last meal (sorry to talk about food) but hey, it will keep in the freezer and taste even better in 4 months :rolleyes:
so im on 3 'meals' a day. loved the cappuchino i had for breakfast, wasnt that keen on the toffee walnut for lunch but really enjoyed the oriental chilli soup for tea.
I am hungry. really hungry, not just emotional, but i know it will pass in a couple of days so thats ok. I bought some ketostix and my week on atkins did not put me into ketosis but will hopefully get there soon and all will be much easier, im sure.

as for the recipes...
I have read other post which say that some work and some dont. maybe get some extra sachets from your CDC before trying the riskier ones like the muffins and biscuits, just in case it sucks.

So how is everyone else doing?
and are we doing our WI on friday?

Yeah thats what I thought too hun, better to buy few more than risk using the only ones you have.

I felt hungry earlier but now it isn't too bad, I think its more a craving to eat than hunger for me right now....who knows about tomorrow though ;)

Well done on starting hun, congratulations :)

:hug99:

got my ketostixs from boots, they were a fiver.
Tested again this morning and i have trace ketos! whoo who!!!
Day 2 and i dont feel hungry but have a terrible headache. should i take a pain killer or just stick it out?
had porridge this morning, original with a splenda tab and cinammon. it was yummy. so far, feeling good and not missing food although i keep thinking i smell things like toast or meat and i get a quick craving but it passes. must be my mind playing tricks on me.
gonna do my wii fit yoga today and take the christmas tree down, finally.
how ya'll doin'?

Hey missy -
My CDC is a nurse so ill ask her, she might have a better idea than your CDC due to her background. anyway, whats a little backpain for 11lbs of loss? YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Thanks :) If its just back pain, then I'm fine with that. (like body getting used to posture) but if its a more serious health thing, then I would want to know so that I don't end up damaging anything longterm.

Well done on starting, there are always a million things that will hold you back (like for me before, I was like - oh lets wait after the weekend, oh after I go out with my friends etc.. so I finally just said, enough is enough and started)

I think maybe we should wait until next week to send in our results, unless everyone is happy to submit this friday.

Hi team
Chilli/Kate, well done on starting, keep it up guys!
Missy/Sane/Dee, hope that your all doing ok guys!
Im day 8 today, and feel fine.
Just had a mail from that girl that I was telling you all about, the one that quit cd after 2 days.
She said that even though she is off cd and can eat whatever, she dosent really eat alot even though its there staring her in the face!
She stated also that CD is completely mind over matter, you feel like you need to eat but realisticily, you dont. You just need to be strong and look at the long term goals.
So mentally guys, we need to be strong for ourselves and eachother.
We can and will acheive our goals, we just have to keep telling ourselves that!
Food will come and go, but if we dont do cd, our weight will stay and keep increasing!
Lose, maintain, get pissed and have a curry (in moderation)lol.
Have a great day team.
Dean

Hey Dean,
your totally right. It is mind over matter so i just keep thinking about my goal rather than what i am missing. Any food i miss will still be there in 5 months time but guess what wont be there? A fat me!!!

Back