Team 19 - Fat Guys Slim Official Thread

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been around, I have just had the busiest week! So much for having a quiet January :rolleyes:

I have just been reading through all the posts on this thread, well done to everyone for your progress.

Dean - You did brilliantly at your nephew's birthday, and I love your positive attitude towards all of this. And, wow, 13lb! Congratulations mate!! :D

Chilli - I think you are right about how sometimes we eat just out of habit, especially the late night snacking. I'm trying to keep myself busy in the times that I usually get bored and end up eating so I don't even think about it. Well done for resisting that cheese girl :p

Kate honey, be strong! It definitely gets easier as you go along. I know you can do it. You have done brilliantly so far with your 9lb too. Next time you are in a supermarket, go and pick up 9lb of spuds and see how much that actually is!

Missyl I just noticed how much you have lost so far, that's fantastic! For some reason I had thought you were just starting this week too so my eyes almost bulged out of my head :eek:.

Sane - where are you! Hope you are getting on ok honey :)

I haven't been able to get into the spreadsheet yet, I did have to set up a gmail address so it's Expose Email . Do we submit our results to anyone, I never really knew how these team things works (in relation to each other). I'll look into it..

So as I was saying, I have had the most busy week. I am so proud of you guys for being able to tell your colleagues about CD, I never did and now a year later I wish I had. They know I am on a diet but not the nature if it and it led to a bit of a (good natured) heated discussion about going out to dinner this week. Three of them were going out to a show near a theatre that I work in in the evenings and were going out to wagamamas (my all-time favourite)beforehand. They were trying to convince me to go too and I was very politely saying no thank you. Thinking it was a diet thing they were saying 'come on, even for a salad, you know you want to really' and when I still said no they thought it must have been a finance thing and told me that I could have my dinner for free as they had buy-one-get-one-free vouchers. Honestly, when have I ever been argued into a free dinner at my favourite eatery when I haven't been on CD?? Never! I resisted still and didn't go :D. But my whole week was like that, pubs selling ridiculously cheap drinks, birthdays with cakes everywhere, free dinners!

Actually I wonder if these temptations have always been there and I just never noticed because I would take the piece of cake and 3 minutes later (having scoffed it) would forget about it?

I hope you are all enjoying your weekends anyway and unlike me, you aren't still in bed at 4.30 in the afternoon :eek:

Love Dee xxx

Evening all!

Dean well done on your loss, thats brilliant, keep it up :)

I hope everyone else is well and staying strong.

Dee, nice to see you back honey :) hope your okay. I just keep thinking of the 5lb mock fat my CDC showed me last week and think I have lost nearly 2 of those :) I have been thinking of food again today but I stayed away and head into Day 5 stronger for it.

I'm working 13 hrs again tomorrow so won't be online much but thinking of you all!!

Hi All,

How is everyone getting on this week? Well I have something to admit, but it's not too bad..

I had forgotten how badly I react to SS, the last time I got quite faint and lethargic (and a little nauseous). ANyway, as this isn't normal to most people who do VCDL's (so it shouldn't happen to you!) it still does it to me, so I spoke to my CDC and we decided that I would go back onto 810. I don't mind as I still have good losses on 810, but I was really hoping to blitz this with a month or two of losing a bit faster. Oh well, it's really not the end of the world.
So I am sure I can still contribute to the weekly figures, and I promise not to talk about food, so can I still stay in the group? :)

Now I just have to be prepared not to have a great loss this week, apparently my glycerine levels are topping up a bit now that I am eating again and so the losses should start again by next week or so. Bugger, I was sooo pleased with my 13lb loss last week! As long as I don't put anything on then I don't mind.

So what are you all up to at the moment? I had planned to have a really quiet January after a really hectic December but already this month is getting pretty busy. My friends outside of work know that I am on CD though and so they are really good about not hassling me to drink (anything other than water) when we go out and we now avoid going out for meals. It's kind of fun finding other things to do, and it is just as rountine these days to go to a movie or shopping or ice skating than it was going for drinks and dinner. I saw that new film Australia on Friday and (I can say this, I am Australian!!) it was awful! We still managed to have a great laugh about just how bad it was though :)

Anyway, I hope you are all well and getting on fabulously and I am sending lots of love and good CD vibes to you all.

Dee xx

Hi guys,
Had my second meeting with CDC tonight. My first was last Tuesday night and i was 16.3. Started CD last Wednesday and tonight, 5 days later, I was 15.11. not bad. I was a bit dissapointed as most people seem to have a 10lb loss but still, i had lost a bit before i started so i cant complain. and if i can maintain a 6lb loss each week, i will be happy.
I am happy to keep you in our little club Dee, but i guess its up to missy, not sure of the rules, do we have to all be SS?
hope everyone is well.
xx

Hi all
Hope your all ok!
Dee, I have no probs, but am uncertain of the rules, so Missy, over to you!
Chilli, well done on your loss, thats great!
Hope everyone else has kept it up and are sticking with it!
Spk soon guys, take care
Dean

Hi everyone!

I am more than happy for Dee to stay within the group, in fact I'd love it if she did, if its allowed :D (((hugs hun)))

I hope everyone is okay & staying strong.

Well done Rach with your weight loss, really good, I bet your pleased with that :D

I have just got back from my CDC first WI with her and I am 17.4, thats 1 stone loss in 2 weeks :D woo hoo! I can't believe it, I feel so chuffed and its a great start. I hope by the time we get back from visiting home next tues that I will be in the 16's :) that would be amazing!

Missyl- I shall pm you my loss for this week now because we're going away for weekend Fri morning and won't be back until following tues. I'm not sure if I will be able to log in during those 5 days as my parents internet has been down and is very temperamental!! So we shall see....!!

If I can't then I will be thinking of you all in spirit and sending all of my positive energy your ways!!

Just tried the A & C porridge for first time, yum yum, I can't wait to have porridge everyday now, feels like a proper start to the day cus I used to have it beforehand :) I would recommend you try it.

Night all! xx

Kate, that's fantastic, well done chick! You should be bloody proud of yourself :D

How are you finding it now? You are going through the part that most people find the most challenging but by the sounds of things you are doing just fine. Am sending you lots of good vibes :hug99:

Hope the rest of you are well and getting on with your diets ok. Am thinking of you all!

Love Dee xx

Hi hun
I feel well, I think I am over the worst, but time will tell. I feel more positive and like Yeah I can do this now!! I hope this feeling remains.
I would love to be in the 16's by next tues, it'd be amazing and I just won't be able to believe it.
Right off to go measure myself....hope I've lost some inches too :D
Will report back soon!
Hope everyone is okay and having a good week so far. xxx

OK measurements- I have lost 13 (and a quarter) inches in two weeks :D I am so chuffed. Just been rooting through our wardrobe and found two pairs of size 20 combats, guess what they both fit me now and I haven't been able to wear them in months. I also found an old pair of size 18 jeans which I tried on and they fit too :D same there ripped else I'd wear them. I plan on going shopping on Sun/Mon to try get a new pair of jeans, the ones I have are a 22 and although they dont fall down over my hips, they are too big now and they chaffe :( thought I would treat myself!

Hope your all well!

Hello all, glad to hear everyone's doing well. Busy times ey, haven't had a chance to come on here in a while (January seems to be a hectic month)

Deejay, totally fine with you staying in the group - and I've read no rules against it, so unless otherwise told, you're in :)

Don't worry about the differences in weight loss, you don't want to hurt yourself at the end of the day. Besides, I get small weight losses per week anyway (about 2-3lbs) but a loss is a loss, so as long as we all stick at our plans, and don't deviate - then we'll get to our goals.

Keep at it everyone!

hey folks,
so, tomorrow is out first official WI!!!!
Missy, im a bit confused. do i fill in the spread sheet, post it on here or PM you with it? or all of the above?
cant wait to see what big fat loosers we all are :bliss:

Hi Guys
I just wanted to say bye for now, I am off home tomorrow until tues and can't be sure I'll be able to get online as their net is playing up. So if not, I shall be thinking of you all and will continue to stick with it despite all these dreaded thoughts of food I have been having today!! :( Love to you all. xx

Hi Guys
We arrived safely and mum & dads net is working temporarily, so I just wanted to log in because I have just been in tears with Dave. I am finding things really hard right now and not sure whether to go onto SS+ because I wondered if just having that small meal a day will help me to deal with the psychological side of things? I have bought a book written by Gillian Riley which is really insightful and I am enjoying reading it and also agreeing with most of it about myself. But I am still finding it really hard, so far I have not cheated and don't want too, but it doesn't make it any easier.....

Dave set up my laptop so I could log in here for a bit of support, bless him.

How are you all today?

xxx

Awww honey!!!
Whats going on? why are you so sad?
wish i could give you a big ol' hug!:hug99:
You are doing great! :happy096:
yes, there are a lot of issues that get dragged up on this diet but that is why we are doing it, right? to deal with our food hang ups so that once we finish this crazy thing we dont go back to eating the way we did before.
also, you have been working crazy hours and now that you have time to relax, the emotions are probably catching up with you. your also probably really tired and that always makes you emotional.
the thing about ss+ that i worry about (cause i have though about it too) is that once you open the doors to food, who knows how much might find its way in.
what i have been doing is cheating. not much, but once or twice a week i have a piece of meat or a piece of cheese. I know its naughty but sometimes i am really hungry and having a little something helps. and i know its not emotional hunger cause i dont keep doing it.
im not encouraging you to cheat, or discouraging you to go on ss+. you need to do what is best for you. I just know myself and if i ate a meal, i would be tempted to cheat more. at this stage being on ss, i know there is only so far i can go and a baby bel light is it!
ill PM you my number if you want to chat. also, try speaking to your cdc and see what she says.
you are really doing so well. we started at the same time and you havent cheated at all whereas i have cheated 4 times.
stay strong, speak to your cdc and sleep on it. you need a good rest.
xx

Hi Guys
Hope you are all well.
Kate, I know its probably not want you want to hear, but only you can decide whats right for you!
Remember the earlier posts about everything being in our minds, you know that you can get through this spell.
If I can, anyone can!
I am now cooking the family meals, I find that when you cook, you dont fancy eating after its ready!
Be strong chick and imagine yourself in that wedding dress, you can do it!
As Chilli said, when you open the door to food, it may lead onto more.
You'll make the decision thats right for you.
YOU CAN DO THIS KATE.
MIND OVER MATTER.
I've got my second weigh in tomorrow, looking forward toit, will report back in the morning.
Take care all, and again, hope everyone is well.
See ya

Morning team!
How are we all?
Just checked the spreadsheets, Missy,Kate, Dee, Chilli a stone & over! Well done chicks! Sane, where are ya, how you getting on?
Ive just updated mine, and after seeing my cdc this morning, have lost another 10.75lbs. I am over the moon!!!
Hope you all have a great day, we are on a roll, lets all keep it going!
Love ya's

Back