Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

no i know you definitely dont get enough nutrients from them to use the plan long term, but i though maybe id be ok for a week?
i dont know though x

Maybe ask on a regular cd thread whether this would be ok to prepare you for SS????

I'm off to bed now, gotta be up early to work tomorrow (not another snow day unfortunately!).....take care all xox

Hi everyone I only got back from work an hour ago, it's been a very long day!:sigh: I have managed to drink my water, although I had to leave my meetings every fifteen minutes :eek:. I hope you all had a great day.

Tomorrow is my first WI and I am extremely nervous. I do hope I have a good loss although I doubt that I will be able to match our shining star Fraggle.

Mat well done on getting your packs, it will be interesting to see what you think of them. I have my favourites and some taste quite chemical. It's worthwile getting a wide choice so you can decide which ones suit your palette.

I'll let you guys no the news tomorrow evening, although I will be late. My appointment is at 8.30pm. take care everyone. Talk to you tomorrow evening.

I'll let you guys no the news tomorrow evening, although I will be late. My appointment is at 8.30pm. take care everyone. Talk to you tomorrow evening.

Thanks frantastic. I am sure you will do just fine. Try not to be nervous and remember any loss is a gain, so to speak. I think Fraggle is an inspiration to anyone starting the diet, but not everyone gets close to that kind of loss on the first week.

As a team, we are not going to be judging each other, or expecting everyone to lose a set amount each week. It's all a bit of fun and we lose whatever we lose. We are in this together and we are here to support each other.

Last edited:
no i know you definitely dont get enough nutrients from them to use the plan long term, but i though maybe id be ok for a week?
i dont know though x

miss mallow,

I don't think you will not get any official recommendation on here, other than sticking to the diet once you start. Which is understandable, because no one wants you to make yourself ill. Basically it is up to you to decide what you do before starting CD. Personally, I don't think a few days of not quite getting your daily allowance of nutrients is a bad thing. I have been eating crap for quite a long time now and I know for a fact that I have not been getting my daily allowance.

You should do what you are comfortable with, but don't try and push things too far.

The best information to consider is from the following thread, but obviously you are free to choose what you take notice of and what you ignore.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/9160-stepping-you-way-into-sole-sourcing.html

Good luck Frantastic.......I shall keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Although I was lucky to have a really good loss in my first week, I think that it evens out over time......will probably be a teeny tiny loss for me this week. A lot depends on your body, how much you have to lose, how easy it was to get into Ketosis etc. :) Plus, I had a hair cut last week ;)

Good luck Frantastic.......I shall keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. Although I was lucky to have a really good loss in my first week, I think that it evens out over time......will probably be a teeny tiny loss for me this week. A lot depends on your body, how much you have to lose, how easy it was to get into Ketosis etc. :) Plus, I had a hair cut last week ;)

Yes Fraggle, you had a superb loss. But the rest of us have to remember that your excellent results are just an idea of the possibilities. Like you say our bodies can vary quite a lot and so will our losses. The only thing we can do is stick to the diet 100% and stay positive. That way what ever we lose, we know we have done our best. The losses will fluctuate, so we need to remember to look at the big picture and the long term goal.

I've decided I am starting on Friday. I wish it could be sooner, but I don't have enough product to do so. I seriously can't wait!! :D

As I was weighed yesterday, I am officially on the clock!! So my weigh in next Tuesday will go towards next weeks results. I'll only have been on CD for 4 days, but every little helps. :D

Hi guys forms are here!
im getting them filled out by the doc today and then I'll get a postal order tomorrow and get them all sent off. :D

You have to have over 50 posts to be able to send and receive PM's.

I've PM'd the link to miss_mallow and aussieraquel.

One more post and I can PM it to you Fraggle.

I've emailed it to you Lizzylocket.

frantastic, if you would like to email me (by clicking on my name) I can then reply to your email with the link.

:)

Yay for the logo .....and yippee for my 50 post....PM me PM me ;)

Yay for the logo .....and yippee for my 50 post....PM me PM me ;)

I'm still not able to PM you for some reason, maybe you have to go over 50. Keep posting!! :)

Edit: It's appeared now, so I have PM'd you. :D

Last edited:
Yippee :)

BTW guys, I have found a really fantastic liquid breath mint drop thing called ice drops from my local chemists. One of the drawbacks of Ketosis is the yucky mouth and you're not supposed to use chewing gum and breath sprays always taste really mediciney to me. One drop of these ice drops *really* works and tastes nice :) It comes in a teeny tiny bottle!

Sounds good Fraggle, I'll have a look for them. I presume they are sugar free? How much are they and how long are they supposed to last?

Edit: I've just found out they have 150 drops each and obviously it depends on how many you have per day. They seem quite cheap in the US, but I bet they are a lot more in the UK.

Last edited:
Hi guys just back from docs and I got weighed and measured. Seems like I don't have as much weight to lose as I thought!
Last time I got weighed was when I was getting my tonsils out in hospital last year and I was 16 stone 9. Today I weigh 15 stone 8!

So theres 1 less stone to worry about, but I still have a good bit to lose. My doctor said i have a big frame so not to be unrealistic about my goal weight. She suggested 11.5 stone. Does this not seem a bit much?
Im 5'7.5" to be exact.
I had previously thought i would like to be 9 stone 5.
Any thoughts?

ps: team logo is FABULOUS, love it :) x

That's great ...... you lost over a stone without even realising it!!!!!!
I would see how you feel / look when you get close to 11.5 stone. You can always adjust your goal weight.

Well that is great news. Well done on losing a stone already. It's a shame we can't put that towards the Team totals for the week!! :D

The main thing is for you to be happy with you. Doctor's tend to go by charts and guides, which contain averages and recommendations, rather than treating everyone as an individual. It doesn't sound quite right to me, but I am no expert.

Everyone puts a little back on as they ease their way back into "normal" eating. So maybe aim for 11 stone and you could always decide to go a little further once you get there, if you feel you want to.

Back