team fairy - July/August thread :)

I'm not one for fishy fish, so I know what you mean.
I figured that we started on a Wednesday, that our weigh ins will be on that day. I'll stick to that..

Good grief! I'm getting me some fish! Thats fab Madame! You must be really pleased, well done! :)

Congrats Madame that's a fantastic loss. Not enough to tempt me with fish that hasn't been battered to within an inch of its life (well dead life - you know what I mean.)

Heh, thanks ladies. I didnt realise that I liked fish, this has been a revelation! Whether or not I still like it after eating it for another full week... we shall see! But a fish curry the night before weigh in certainly helps to bring "cleansing" results!!

This week, I am also, in partnership with a full fish week, doing the Scan Bran challenge. 5 pieces of cardboard per day, for a full week. I must be mad. Consultant said last time someone did that, in another group, the results were so good that the Consultant ran out of Scan Bran the following week because everyone bought a weeks supply!

For non Slimming Worlders, Scan Bran is like Ryvita, (the dark rye version) but smaller, and chewier, and drier. You can however make it into cakes. I am planning to have mine for lunch with tuna on, I think.

-5lb this week ladies!!!

Wow, well done hun. You have such good losses, you must be really determined. Keep up the good work :)

Izzy: Yes we do have a lot of food to eat after sunset and its usually fried and too many calories (although we're not actually meant to eat so much). I am going to try my best to be 100% on my diet through ramadhan and i'm trying to convince my family to eat healthy too, lol. Having said that i might be exempt from fasting this year so i will have to check with my GP.

Whats all this talk about Fish? I would love to try Sushi myself but i'm too afraid lol. I stick to Cod, Haddock, Tuna and abit of Salmon here and there. They're all a great source of those Omega-3 Fatty Acids :)

MadameLM: If you up your water intake you will defo lose more weight. How many carbs are you having a day if you are eating fish for 2 meals? You could be going into Ketosis like you do on the Cambridge Diet which means you're burning fat for fuel and you get some very good losses.

I also wanted to say HI to the new members :). Team Fairy is great, everyone is so lovely and supportive :grouphugg:, you'll like it here :).

I hope theres space for me on the team at our next challenge but i'm happy with being the mascot for now :)

:party0011:Go Team Go :party0011:
:party0011:Rah Rah Rah :party0011:​

Speak soon xxx​

Hey Maybe, I am not eating much in the way of Carbs, don't really have any pasta potatoes or bread at all, am mostly doing SW red days but am having my two healthy extra Bs per day which are cereal bars or at the moment scan brans, not sure that it is minimal enough to push me into ketosis though. Something is working at the moment though!!

Hey Maybe, I am not eating much in the way of Carbs, don't really have any pasta potatoes or bread at all, am mostly doing SW red days but am having my two healthy extra Bs per day which are cereal bars or at the moment scan brans, not sure that it is minimal enough to push me into ketosis though. Something is working at the moment though!!

I think you need to be eating between 20g-50g carbs a day to be in ketosis, i'm not sure though.

How much water are you drinking a day?

I'm glad you've found something that works for you. Keep us posted on how you get on :) xx

2-3l. I dont think I am getting into ketosis then no, and certainly not this week with the scan bran! 2 of them would put me over 50g.

2-3l. I dont think I am getting into ketosis then no, and certainly not this week with the scan bran! 2 of them would put me over 50g.

2-3L is really good. It helps detoxify the Liver so that it can focus more on breaking down fat. It also helps to keep you full and soemtimes we can even mistake thirst for hunger, so it prevents you from overeating.

I'm sure you already know all this but i though i'd just mention it.

xx

Urgh. Party planning, Birthdays and too much vodka is not good for weight loss.
I'm truly, truly ashamed to report a 4lb GAIN this week. All I can do is hope its water retention and "food weight" and that it'll be gone by next week.

Really sorry everyone :(

ANYBODY OUT THERE??!

I lost the weight I gained last week, but technically my weight is the same as at the start of the challenge.

How are we all doing this week? Hope you're all healthy and happy xxx

im not doing as good as hoped this month. sorry... i feel like im letting the team down!

its next wednesday that the challenge ends right???

im hoping that i can pull it back before then.. but my muscles have been so sore from the workouts that i have been doing, that ive not lost anything.... :(

hope to be posting more good news soon!

Hey lovelies, how are you all? I hope the dieting is going well:). Could you let me know if we're having an August Challenge.

Speak soon :) xx

Who knows Maybe... this one seems to have flopped a bit! Summer holidays and real life seem to have thrown things out a bit. Might be better to start a September one on Sept 1st or something, give people a chance to get back into a routine or something?

Who knows Maybe... this one seems to have flopped a bit! Summer holidays and real life seem to have thrown things out a bit. Might be better to start a September one on Sept 1st or something, give people a chance to get back into a routine or something?

That does sound like a good idea. I've got ramadan this month too, so things are abit all over the place and i dont really get much time to come online.

I hope you're dieting is going well for you. I might just pop into this thread once a week and see how everyone is doing.

xx

Back