Team Weighty Mateys - April 2009

Hi Girls

I weighed in this morning and have lost 4.5lbs.

I was a little disappointed. But, like my mom pointed out, I have been cutting down at home since 12th January, so there was no shock to the body. I am used to a 7lb weight loss on the first week of plans.

I am happy now :)

Hi Jaxmummy :)

Mrs V, I am the same as you. I often stay the same during AF time. I try to beat it each time. And 9/10 do not :( But, it often is a good loss the next week. So, good luck :)

Jax you don't have to do anything hun, just chat and post the results of your weigh ins each week. :) x

One pound off me this week... amazing being as I had pancakes and birthday cake again this week!!

But Fluffs, thats 9 packs of butter, thats loads!

Well done!

The big weigh in for me tommorow, first step of my marathon!(not the choc bar :D)

Thanks for clarification on the list Ikkle and well done on 12 lb off in February :)

Aww Mrs V, don't be too upset. You have done fantastic so far and you will have a good loss again next week (following your pattern) ;).

Hello Jaxmummy, welcome to the Mateys :wavey:

Oh wow Fuffs, 4.5 lb is suuuper, well done you :0clapper: .

Roz, keep eating cakes and pancakes - they seem to help you with the weight loss :D.

2lb off for me this week (that makes a change from my usual 1.5 :eek:).

Have a good week all :)
B. xx

Good Luck for your WI tomorrow Princess Sausage :)
B. xx

Brilliant loss guys, go you b2b on breaking your normal 1.5 :)

I made pasta quiche before college so that i could have it for tea, came home and granddad has eaten it sob sob lol, so was chicken and wedges for my tea.

good luck for any one with weigh in due. x

Hello,

Everyone is doing so well!!

Ikkle - I would have been so mad if someone had eaten my quiche that I have lovingly prepared and looked forward to all day, good job it was your Grandad. You can't be mad at Grandads......

Well I lost 1 pound this week, I'm pleased with this result, 1 pound every week will be ok.

Can't believe fuffs is dissapointed with 4.5lbs, I never loose weight like that.

Welcome to princess sausage, love the name. I always say I want hot dog sausage legs, really nice and brown and the same width all the way up, instead of my chicken drumstick legs, skinny ankles and massive thighs, LOL !!!

Have a good week everyone, I'll be looking out for your losses this week.

Well done Melsy and b2buuuuuuu on your weight loss. Well, I joined a lovely group this morning and here we go. Hoping to post a good weight loss this time next week. Just reading up on this new extra easy. Think i will stick to what I know this week. I am going to make the SW quiche this pm and have with a lovely jacket potato and salad tonight. Good luck anyone weighing in today!

Hi Ladies

Thank you so much. You have made me feel better. My mom showed me a bag of potatoes yesterday and said 'you have lost around this', so like you saying about the butter Princess, it puts it in perspective. Good luck on your first week on plan Princess :)

Melsy, I think the less you have to go, the slower it comes off. Metabolism and your body doing the right thing. So, you are doing well to be losing :) Well done on your pound!

Ikkle, I had to laugh about your grandad eating your quiche. I know you must have groaned inside lol....But I bet you love him for it!

Morning, been to weigh in and have lost 1.5lb.So im happy with that, but on the other hand over the last 2 weeks ive lost 1/2 lb !!- so thats pants !!
Anyway - since realising 2 days ago that I have not been Syning my sugar on my cereals in the morning (which were 3 !!). Im now starting to use sweetner- which is free !!. Hoping that my losses will be a tad better next week. Wish me luck xx

Hi Alice

Well done!!!!

I bet switching to sweetner will help. It will save you 21 syns a week, which must be a good thing :)

Well done Alice with your weightloss. Anyone else weighing in today?

All going well here in Princess Sausage land.Mix to max as I was working and eating there, huge cous cous salad with egg and prawns as h/e. Had a chicken in the slow cooker tonight so red dinner with potato as the h/e. I am thinking of using the stock from the chicken to make soup. It was a bit fatty as I left the skin on so I will put it in the fridge and skim off the fat, do you rekon thats ok?

Hope all is well with all you guys!

Well done everybody on your losses, I had a sts but I am ok with that. Gonna do some cooking today, lasagne, canneloni, onion bhaji's and bread and butter pudding.

Will update the spread sheet shortly.

Keep up the good work.

Ikkle x

Recipe I use is :

8. Syn-Free Onion Bhajees

Syns per Serving | Green – Syn Free
Servings | 4

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 3 onions, sliced finely
- 1 heaped tsp curry powder
- 400gm can chickpeas, drained
- fresh chopped coriander

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 220C / 425F / Gas 7.

2. Using a non-stick pan sprayed with Fry Light, fry the onion and curry powder for about 10 minutes until very soft and brown. Set half of the mixture to one side.

3. Add the drained tin of chickpeas to the other half of the onion mixture and process using a food processor or hand blender.

4. Add the reserved half of the onion mixture and some chopped fresh coriander, mix well and shape into balls. Spray with Fry Light and cook in the oven until golden brown.

5. Serve with home-made raita – very low fat natural yoghurt, chopped mint and cucumber and onion salad – chopped tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and coriander.

Taken from A World of Healthy Recipes | Recipes & Ideas for the Slimming World Plan

Good one Alice!!!

It's an excellent move to change to sweetner, not only for your diet but for your teeth. You'll soon be super slim with a stunning smile. All positive changes.

Hi Ikkle and Princess Sausage!! Good to hear you are both ok....sounds like you are both enjoying your cooking. I made the fish and chips and chicken dopiaza out of the magazine. Both were gorgeous.

Well doen on staying the same Ikkle, it's hard to lose all the time. Our bodies just don't like it!! LOL

Good luck everyone for this week.

Back