Teas

Hi

This is my first day on LT and Im finding this forum so interesting and motivating, so many people have lost so much weight! Well done all!

Would anyone mind giving me an exact list of what teas are allowed? I saw someone say peppermint tea. Is that the same as mint tea? What about green tea?

Also would a smidge of milk for tea or coffee stop ketosis?

Thanks

Any tea that is a leaf tea is allowed e.g. mint,peppermint, green, earl grey etc. You shoulod not have ones that have "berry" in them e.g raspberry etc and don't opt for lemon either. Also when making tea let the water cool a few minutes before adding to the tea. This helps prevent the tea tasting better. The better the tea the cooler the water is the motto.
Milk is not allowed on LT. that said , some people on here put a small amount of skimmed milk in tea. This is possibly o.k. only if you have very little tea/coffee in the day. Personally I don't do it and stick with earl grey or mint. lots of luck.

Thanks Molly

I like quite a bit of milk for coffee and since Ive learned black tea isnt half bad I might aswell leave it out all together. Im just trying to get through this first week to get my big high that will help me carry on!

If you really want a "milky tea" you could add a little bit of a Vanilla Shake to your tea - I have heard that some people do that :D

Back