Teresa's 2011 diary

thursday's plan

EE day

breakfast
fruit and yogurt

lunch
roasted veg soup and egg mayonaise, ryvita, salad and pickled onions (1 syn in 2 tblsp extra light mayo)

yogurt

snack
fruit rf cheese 42 g
yogurt

dinner
fish and savoury rice with plenty of veg

pudding
hi fi bar

syns 1 milk in 2 teas 1 el mayo2/105 for the week
HEA cheese
HEB ryvita and hi fi (maintenance HB)

Last edited:
Hi Teresa, I'm glad you managed to get some physio, fingers crossed this will help you both short term and long term. Well done on your pound off :) I think thats a good idea to focus on maintenance right now, you know that the exercise will be there for you when you are ready to take it on again. Right now though it sounds like you need active rest rather than trying to run before you can walk. Hope you can take it easy this week. Take it easy!

Meal ideas for week

1)basa filets in lemon and herbs
lots of veg
thai sweet chilli savoury rice

2) Sweet chilli prawns with pasta

3) Diet coke chicken with sweet potato wedges and veg

4) Lamb shanks roast dinner

5) Mac n cheese with leeks and mushrooms

6)Pasta Carbonara

7) Chicken curry

lunch ideas

soup have speed soup and veg soup and roasted veg soup all in fridge or freezer. Think I might make spicy speedy tomato soup too.

Which I will have with scan bran/ryvita and cottage cheese/rf cheese/dairylea lights

breakfasts will switch between

cereal weetabix crunchy bran with bananas and yogurt

baked beans and eggs

yogurt and fruit

synned treats will be snickers bars ice cream or cadbury cream eggs so need to not waste syns on picking at leftovers.

EE day Thursday updated to what i actually ate

breakfast
fruit and yogurt

lunch
roasted veg soup and egg mayonaise, ryvita, salad and pickled onions (1 syn in 2 tblsp extra light mayo)

yogurt

snack
fruit rf cheese 42 g
yogurt
small carrot cake slice i even weighed it 30g ! 6 syns (taking an average of different carrot cakes)

dinner
fish and savoury rice with plenty of veg

pudding
hi fi bar

syns 1 milk in 2 teas 1 el mayo2 + 6 = 8/105 for the week
HEA cheese
HEB ryvita and hi fi (maintenance HB)

Friday's plan

Green day

breakfast
yogurt and fruit ***** only had a cup of tea !!

Baked beans, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and chips and pickled onions had LOADS

snack
hi fi bar (heb)

dinner
pasta n sauce mac and cheese 2 syns (Hea and Heb milk and cheese)
leeks and mushrooms (thought i had pasta n sauce in but the cupboard is bare so dinner will be savoury rice and refried beans and cheese heb)

snacks
snickers ice cream 9

Hea milk
Heb rf cheese and hi fi

Syns for the day 9/97 for the week

maintenance Heb ???

Last edited:
Rubbish rubbish rubbish,

not going to try and justify today but just say it all went wrong.

After wednesdays physio visit i thought i would be back to a little running as my back was a little better but all day long have been realising i am still a long way off better and instead of accepting that I decided i would try and run (physio had said i could run 1/4 of a mile then wlak a 1/4 of a mile 48 hours after seeing him) but i think he should of said only if you are pain free........ Did my 1/4 mile and now back to serious pain again !!

It is ridiculous but this really depresses me, running is a big part of who I am and i get seriously down when not training for an event. so have spent the last couple of hours feeling cross and weepy.

Have to figure out a way to cheer myself up that doesn't involve eating.
And find something besides running that keeps me sane :)

I'm so sorry to hear how you are feeling. It is so hard to be patient especially when you're in pain and feeling like you've had a set back with trying to run too. I know whatever suggestions are thrown at you, you'll probably think 'mmmm yes, but its not running!' but have you thought about speed walking ? Still would get your heart rate up, you could go for longer than running and there wouldnt be the impact. Of course only you know if you're up to it and at the moment it sounds like a stroll would be a maximum if you are in alot of pain, but speed walking could be something to build up to (instead of seeing running as your ultimate aim) right now. I've always wanted to do a playtex moonwalk, but not really gone for it. But that could be something your could train for?

Hows the maintenance plan going ? I've spotted your sweet chilli prawns on your menu this week. Would you mind sharing your recipe ?

I dont want to say chin up as it always sounds a bit cheesey but I really hope you have a better day today.

It was supposed to say spicy chilli and prawns !!

I do make a pasta salad with sweet chilli sauce just make pasta and add loads of veg and maybe sweetcorn and prawns and one tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce (1 1/2 syns)

My spicy prawns are sauteed onions and peppers and mushrooms with red chillis and then some sweetner or 1 tsp of sugar and a box of passatta. Toss in ready cooked king prawns at the end and serve over pasta.

Teresa

I did the moonwalk 2 years ago I have to say it was much much much harder than any other marathon I have done . I think i don't do well staying up all night.

I am going to talk to the physio on monday to find out what i should do as yesterdays 1/4 mile attempt at running has left me in agony I need to figure out another strategy.

I think i am going to do alternate days swimming and slow walking (i can not speedwalk as it is not the jarring it is the hip motion that does not work at the moment) If the PT approves and then maybe train to walk the 1/2 marathon i have signed up for in may as i can't see me getting the training in.

Teresa

Thank you for your recipes, spicy prawns sound very good :) I hope your physio will recommend something, at least then you'll feel that you have a plan. I'm not sure about swimming, I know when my back was out of sorts (mainly sciatica), swimming wasnt so good when in pain as the angle of the body in the water wasnt helping, but saying that it can be great for strengthening if you're not in pain.

((( Here's to a better day for you tomorrow )))

OK so need to write down yesterday's diary and make a plan for day as don't feel motivated at all.

Saturday Green Day

Breakfast
fruit and yogurt and hi fi (heb)

lunch
jacket and beans

snack
tracker bar (9 syns :-( what a waste)
rf cheese 42 g (heb)

dinner
pasta n sauce mac n cheese (2 syns)
leeks and mushrooms
rf cheese (hea)
quark and lemon juice

snickers ice cream bar (9 syns)

1 hea
2 heb
21 syns !! (stupid tracker bar)

Sunday

Lie in as back is very sore

EE day

Brunch
thai sweet chilli low fat super noodles
plums and satsumas

Snack
hi fi bar (HEB)
yogurt and fruit

Dinner
Pot roast turkey drumsticks
SW roasties and parsnips
brussels
carrots and swede
gravy granules (3 syns)

Quark and options (1 1/2 syns)

Syns 4 1/2
Hea milk in tea
heb hi fi bar

Last edited:
How are you ? Hope you got somewhere with the physio. Take care.

I was not 100% OP so did not expect a loss, i was 75% OP so also did not expect a 2.5 pound gain :-(

Just had a chat with my physio and I am going to give up swimming and just walk for the next week and see how that is .

Teresa
Starting tomorrow I am keeping a pain leg
for my back issues and a sas log for me eating.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a gain today, it may not all be to do with the food though (as you told me :)) and in which case things may sort themselves for next week.

Trying so hard to be good !! Have had about 3 hours sleep due to pain and at work there are treats galore. trying to stay out fo the kitchen (which is where we normally hang out) so i am not tempted by all the treats

Today's plan

breakfast
melon and banana and yogurt

lunch
baked beans
eggs
chips
and whatever super free foods I can find (tomatoes, mushrooms, pickled onions)
melon

tea
taking the children I take care of out for carvery I WILL NOT HAVE ICECREAM

I am sounding like a broken record here :-( Fell off plan again due to comfort eating due to pain, lack of sleep and generally feeling C R A P. Just been back to doctors which was a complete and utter waste of time. BUT I have got myself on the NHS physio waiting list.

My goal at the moment is to stop comforting with the wrong foods and start making myself feel better with SW friendly foods.

Doing a green day

friday
banana
yogurt

super speed soup
satsuma
pear
42 g rf cheese (hea)

May make some SW chips later for a snack or SW crisps (not entirely sw legal but need something to get me over this time)******* did not need them

beetroot and pickled onions

eggs, beans and chips with mushrooms ******* changed to chick pea dahl and chips YUM

Quark and fromage frais and options (2)

hi fi bar (heb) x 2

HEA rf cheese and milk in tea
HEB hi fi bar (possibly 2)

Syns (2 + ????? for lasagna a few bites will count as 10 to be on the safe side)

Last edited:
Its a horrible feeling to get sucked into comfort eating, so I feel your pain with that! I think I should have made some sw chips this evening too, very good idea. Always makes it seem naughty :) I'm sorry you've not got anywhere with the doctors, thats annoying.

I'm sorry I cant help with advice as I'm not doing so well at the moment either. I definitely think your plan to use sw comfort foods is a really good one - go for it! Free food to the max!

Another day and in much much less pain thank goodness as yesterday was so uncomfortable.

Saturday Green Day

Breakfast
fromage frais and quark with black forest fruits

hi fi bar (HEB))

lunch
ryvita(HEB) and laughing cow light (HEA) pickled onions, beetroot and

Dinner
quorn meatballs in spicy tomato sauce and pasta

maltesers 9 1/2 syns

Syns (9 1/2)
HEA cheese and milk in teas

Sunday EE day

Breakfast poached eggs, mushrooms, beans and tomatoes

lunch
cracker bread and dairylea light ploughmans (hea and heb)
yogurt and fruit

dinner
sweet chilli chicken
Jacket fries potatoes roasted veg
sweet chilli philadelphia light 2 syns

syns (meeting a friend for coffee so may have a small cookie or cake ???)

Hea Cheese
HEB cracker bread

syns milk in 3 teas (1 1/2) + syns for biscuit/cake with coffee + 2 philly light

Last edited:
Back