>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

rialrees said:
1 and a half pound gain for me tonight. boo. I think its all the quinoa brownies what did it. Have no idea what that puts my total to now.. will have to work it out another time.

Totally gutted as I was ONE POUND away from that shiny 4.5 stone sticker, so now I have to lose 2.5 lbs to get it.

Soon as my daughter went to bed i cracked out the playstation move and did 20 minutes of boxing to vent my frustration, felt good to get a sweat up.

It's been two years. I'm reaching the end of my tether now. I've had enough. NO MORE MRS NICE RIA. Time to kick my own backside into the outer realms of human imagination and get into that shmexy lingerie i've always wanted to wear. Had enough of wobbling around the bedroom now, if you know what i mean.

sigh.

i promise i'll catch up soon girls, im so sorry to be a bit selfish tonight, it's been a mental time in work so ive had barely any time to read and post. love to you all. xxx

:hug99:

Don't be sad ria.. Maybe you need to shake things up..

Do some red green and EE days.. Try filling your plate with 1/2 sf and 1/2 free etc.. Don't snack your syns away but incorporate them into your meals...

We are here and you will get into your sexy lingerie! Xxx

1 on for me its a blooming miracle it wasn't more tho xx

1 and a half pound gain for me tonight. boo. I think its all the quinoa brownies what did it. Have no idea what that puts my total to now.. will have to work it out another time.

Totally gutted as I was ONE POUND away from that shiny 4.5 stone sticker, so now I have to lose 2.5 lbs to get it.

Soon as my daughter went to bed i cracked out the playstation move and did 20 minutes of boxing to vent my frustration, felt good to get a sweat up.

It's been two years. I'm reaching the end of my tether now. I've had enough. NO MORE MRS NICE RIA. Time to kick my own backside into the outer realms of human imagination and get into that shmexy lingerie i've always wanted to wear. Had enough of wobbling around the bedroom now, if you know what i mean.

sigh.

i promise i'll catch up soon girls, im so sorry to be a bit selfish tonight, it's been a mental time in work so ive had barely any time to read and post. love to you all. xxx

Hey hun, don't worry about the gain, I'm sure it is frustrating and here's the thing, you didn't have us to kick your but over those 2 years previously... 2012 is our year hun. We will do it together!

1 on for me its a blooming miracle it wasn't more tho xx

Woohoo... I love lucky weeks!

Dont worry about those gains girls they will be off easy enough next week!

Just to add to the cranberry juice advice, I believe Tesco do a light choices cranberry juice (with the juices in cartons down the aisle not fridges) and it is free. Or it certainly used to be so may be worth checking out.

Did my hours aquafit so feeling chuffed with myself :)

Thanks girls, just frustrated I guess. Blah.

Glad your happy with your gain emma :) It's all good when we know where it came from isn't it :)

Heading off to the pool this morning, had some porridge for breakfast. Didn't get round to planning my week's menu last night, so will have to do the best I can at work today, and pick something up at tescos on the way home. Wish I could stick to online shopping, it's so much easier to buy good things when you dont have easter eggs chucked in your face!

rialrees said:
Thanks girls, just frustrated I guess. Blah.

Glad your happy with your gain emma :) It's all good when we know where it came from isn't it :)

Heading off to the pool this morning, had some porridge for breakfast. Didn't get round to planning my week's menu last night, so will have to do the best I can at work today, and pick something up at tescos on the way home. Wish I could stick to online shopping, it's so much easier to buy good things when you dont have easter eggs chucked in your face!

I agree, doing the food shop is dangerous! Temptation everywhere. The lumchbox stuff I find hard but now only buy packs of 6 of everything so I cant indulge as my lad wouldn't have anything the next day. I also always write a list. And buy some food I can eat on the way home, a pear or Apple and alpen lights.

Woke up to do day 2 of shred and bloody dvds not working! So taking man to school then getting my mum from town and we re going for brekkie. I'm hoping not weatherspons! But I've decided if she does insists on going there, ill order the small breakfast and swap the sausages for more mushrooms and ill buy extra tomatoes and not have the bread. I just so want a loss next week!! Then ill come home and do shred and then hit the sack for a couple of hours, on nights last night today and tomorrow. Boo..! :(

Yeh the above didn't happen in weatherspoons!!

I had the small breakfast with 1 slice of bread (heB?), egg, 2 field mushrooms, 2 tomatoes, Bacon (removed fat) and 1 sausage. I'm estimating 8 syns!?? I think that may be me trying to not feel guilty tho haha. Eaten a huge pear afterwards to up the speed food and ill have salad for lunch and tea.

Didn't do the shred, going to do it this afternoon after my nap / before school run.

Mm the brekkie sounds yum!

Hope everyone has had a good day! I'm having a red day today. All on plan and did a 20min dvd workout so feeling very chuffed :)

1.5lbs off. Am a little disappointed as I've been on it totally this week and last. Only things group could suggest was that my youngest has upped his boob intake due to feeling crappy so maybe I should have upped my calories a little too and also I need to make sure I use all the healthy extras I'm allowed. Need 3.5lbs for my 3st award, would like that next week, If not I WILL get it the week after.

ellen83 said:
1.5lbs off. Am a little disappointed as I've been on it totally this week and last. Only things group could suggest was that my youngest has upped his boob intake due to feeling crappy so maybe I should have upped my calories a little too and also I need to make sure I use all the healthy extras I'm allowed. Need 3.5lbs for my 3st award, would like that next week, If not I WILL get it the week after.

We re aiming for same weight loss this week, I need 3.5lb off for my 4 stone. Let's go for it!

Although im worried the exercise is going to make me gain.. but oh well!

Had lots of salad today, speed foods I've had:

Tomato
Mushrooms
Cucumber
Red cabbage
Beetroot
Lettuce
White cabbage
Carrots
Pears

Last edited:
We re aiming for same weight loss this week, I need 3.5lb off for my 4 stone. Let's go for it!

Yeah....we can do it! grrrrr

Wow I've missed so much here! Well done to all on the fabulous losses! I wish I could say I'll be reporting in with a loss later on (WI at 3.30pm) but my home scales are already showing a gain. Damn that brie and bread and wine!
Disappointed, as I really hoped I could pull it back. In the beginning I could have one whole day off entirely and still lose 2-3lb which was great, but seems now that I'm stuck into it, I have to be 100% all the time, which sucks...but hey, once I get to target I can probably relax a bit more.

Have a kidney infection at the mo... so there will be lots and lots of water drank.. need to flush this out, it's horrible!

I got a letter from the colposcopy clinic this morning to tell me that they got all of it and it was cancerous, but only in the surface tissue and I can now go back to smears rather than colposcopy treatment. Yay!!!

hi mandy, great to hear you've got that good news, at least it's smears rather than more treatment (although smears are naff enough)

Evening all. Can't add much but well said rosiee.

I got loads of.apples, a grapefruit, pear, plums, kiwis and some bananas. It was a really big basket! And interestingly my consultant said I can have 25 syns a day! She was telling a few of the bigger ladies, and some were given 20. Anyone else told this?

Off to aquafit soon :)

hi jayde, i've heard if you start off bigger you can have the extra syns but it was on here that I heard it, well done on your weight loss so far tho.

well I've changed class to one nearer work and it's much better, the consultant is enthusiastic and she holds the competitions in class where you vote for man/woman of the year, miss slinky, etc, etc
every group I've been to before have never done that (or if they have it was before I started or after I left) the class is quite big but a lot of people don't stay.

so class was 2 days earlier than the one I had been going to and I've lost 1.5 lbs and got this

S7.jpg
so once i figure out how to put it in my signature it's going in :bliss:

Hi Rozie, think I have messed up!! My total to target was 6 stone, and I have lost 13lb so far in the past 4 weeks, (5.5 today) so I have another 71 to go to my sw target. Being new to both sw and this forum I have obviously misread this challenge!! Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks everyone though, very nice friendly group.

Cheers, Toni. x

Jumped on the scales at work, showing a gain already . Blah!! But it is midnight. I'm going to make more effort to up the water intake! I think this may help?

Wont be here until tuesday girls as my credit runs out midnight tomorrow :-( speak soon and hope everyone has fab losses xx

Hi Rozie, think I have messed up!! My total to target was 6 stone, and I have lost 13lb so far in the past 4 weeks, (5.5 today) so I have another 71 to go to my sw target. Being new to both sw and this forum I have obviously misread this challenge!! Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks everyone though, very nice friendly group.

Cheers, Toni. x

Hang around, Toni...you're more than welcome :)

Arghhh sooo tired! Worked til 2, had to get up at 6.30 and been on the go ever since. Went for a run but need to do shred, getting my son at 3.15 then I'm going to try and do it between 3.30-4.30 as its only 20 mins. Working from 5-2 am again. Tomorrow night I finish at 7 tho, yay!!!!

Because I've been rushing so much only Just eaten lunch/breakfast all in one! Salad leaves, rocket, tomatoes and chicken tikka and mango, pineapple and melon for after.

Dinner I'm thinking jacket, Coley and plenty of mixed veg with my heA. Alpen bars for B. And something synful after within remaining syns.

Off for a 20 min power nap!

Plenty of body magic for me today. Firstly went down town to pay the bills and do the food shop... it's a good long walk away, too. Then came home and had to put all the shopping away. Now have to clean the entire house. It's taken me an hour just to get the kitchen done and clean the tiles/grout... God! Next stop, sitting room. Need this place sparkling for the BBQ tomorrow... won't have anyone leaving my home with anything bad to say LOL

Back