The Curvy_Chicken Chronicles - I AM Gonna be Slim!!!!

Curvy_Chicken

Well here's my first diary posting from my blog to here...

Starting Weight and MiniMins

After much avoidance - this morning I finally weighed myself. I weigh fourteen stone and five pounds - I need to lose five stone and five pound to get to my target weight of nine stone. This week I've been so good about healthy eating and exercising, my target does feel attainable - I know it might take a year - but I've got to accept that this is not going to happen quickly, but it can happen.

Yesterday I joined the weightloss forum - MiniMins and that also has helped immensely - just hearing and seeing how others have lost weight is inspirational. And MiniMins also suggested that I copy my diary and fashion review posts on to the forum and I got loads of compliments about my writing here which made me feel fab!

Luv Curvy_Chicken xx xxx xx

Last edited:
Hangover could have made it all go horibly wrong today... But I survived!

Urghhh all day today I have had the most vile hangover...

...Last night I went clubbing with my best friend - we had such a laugh and I had the best night out clubbing I've had in ages. But I drank so much - I was horrified this morning when I counted up how many units of alcohol I had last night (drank diet coke and vodka all night...).

I got home at 1:30am and got up at 7:00am which was very, very hard. I felt soo rough :eek:I couldn't face porridge. However I did manage an apple :eek:. After much tea and water I felt better and at lunch time I was ravenous! When I got to the cafeteria I desperately, desperately wanted a burger and chips and faffed around a few minutes, confusing the poor woman trying to serve me. When I'm hung over I crave meat badly and I wanted that burger so much. However I calmed my self down and opted for the salad and jacket spud instead.

I'm soo relieved that I got through that first craving - I hope it does get easier and my will power grows (does it???!!!).

Feeling particularly good at the moment as I have just come back from playing squash with my boyfriend.

Anyway rant over with.
Luv and Hugs, Curvy_Chicken xxx xxx xxx

Hi Curvy_Chicken,

Wishing you success with your weight loss journey and I hope both of us get to see 9 stone on the scales:)

Love Mini xxx

GRRRR! How can I have gained a pound?!!!

Okay so I do more exercise than normal.

I eat less than normal and healthily.

And yet according to the scales I have gained one pound in a week!

GRRRRR!!!!! Very hacked off about this!

Did my scales lie initially? (i weighed my self at the same time as last week, after morning pee...)

Is this extra pound because I have been a little clogged up recently?:eek:

Anyway frustration and rant out - I feel annoyed but not depressed about this - which is good!

Have decided that I am going to follow the GI diet as I think it would be best for me.:) Just waiting for my books to turn up.

Hi Curvy Chicken!

Sounds like the night out was good! It's always a shock when you wake up the next morning and realise just how much you've drunk! :eek:

Good luck with the G.I. diet. I'm on CD and hope that I will soon start following the G.I. plan. You'll have to let me know how well it works!

I'm Sarah by the way, and my parents live in Ringmer so I'm in Brighton most weekends! I live in High Wycombe with hubby!

Anyway, good luck!

Sarah x

Week One Weightloss...

Well I am very impressed with the GI Diet after one week I have lost four pounds!!!!!

So that makes me:

starting weight - 14.5
28.08.06 - 14.1

Apparently I can expect a similar loss next week (according to the GI Diet website...) and if I do I will finally be in the 13's - which would be a real result for me as I have hovered around the 14's for ages! Very happy - need to change me chick counter though!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I thinkI am right in thinking that all the very low calorie diets suggest you follow GI principles for a healthy eating lifestyle to last your whole life :)

Well done you on making that change NOW :D

Thanks Chicken on a Mission - this diet is soo easy and its great not to feel so hungry all the time! I know that probably after next week things will be slower but as long as I lose some weight every week I am happy for things to go gently. My boyfriend worked out that if I lose 2 pound per week that I should be at my target at the end of April which is just after my birthday and that is so worth aiming for!:D

I find it really helps to have dates in mind, my holiday in October is my first one; I wan to have lost 2 stone by then which at the moment means I have 12lbs to go, which should be totally do-able. Then I want to lose a further 2 stone before Christmas which will take me down into the 12'stone somethings and I should have a really good choice of party frocks! After that I expect to head down to the 10's for my husbands birthday in April, so next Summer I should be well and truly at target!

Hi Curvy-Chicken,

Congratulations on your 4lbs. off that is fantstic.:D :D :D

The GI diet and GL is what I will be doing for the rest of my life as I think it is the only way for a carb sensitive like myself.

My sister started in January as a way of life she did not do it for weight loss as she is skinny, just to instill better eating habits for the whole family.

They now find it very easy to do and they follow the rule 80%20 as much as teenager can:confused: but try.

Well done:D

Love Mini xxx

Back