The Curvy_Chicken Chronicles - I AM Gonna be Slim!!!!

Thanks Mini!

I've only been doing this diet a week but I do find it so much easier to control my cravings for bad food now - it seems to come naturally! I stuck to it completely during the week and only cheated a little at the weekend whilst I was visiting my BF's family (a sausage!).:)

Good luck with the GI diet when you get to it (which will be soon!).

Hugs xxx xxx xxx

Hi Curvy_Chicken,

Well a lot of research has gone into how this diet controls blood sugars and the cravings that go with it.

Here is the link to the Times GI recipes...this is where my sister started as I think she got a free recipe book as well?

They do have some nice recipes... Times Online - Diet

4lbs. in one week is excellent...are you drinking water as well:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Hi Curvey chicken. Congrats on you 4lb loss. You'll love seeing the weight just drop away. Looking forward to following you progress. Keep up the good work!!

HUGS!!!

When we start to detox our bodies from crap...we all at some point in the first few weeks come down with cold like symptoms.

I see this over and over again...is the brain doing everything possible to make sure it gets its daily fix of sugar:rolleyes:

Drink plenty of water and say to yourself this too shall pass!!! Ane it does.

Love Mini xxx

Beaten Those Sugar Cravings!

I have made a conscious decision not to weigh myself this week.

Yesterday I started my period (sorry to be so frank) and as normal I started bloating - my stomach feels very uncomfortable and I know that it could affect the results on the scales. I feel so positive about the GI diet at the moment - I would hate to lose momentum and to feel all the worse because my hormones are fragile.

On Thursday evening as I wondered around Salisbury's - I discovered something new about myself. Ever since I started eating healthily and the GI Diet - I have been missing chocolate and sweet things. But on Thursday I could wonder past chocolate and cakes without even feeling tempted or actually wanting them. However I could not help myself buying more peppers and mushrooms!!!! I guess giving up sugar has been tougher than I imagined, although I now feel wonderful for conquering those initial cravings!

My hair is feeling a bit dry at the moment - I am wondering if the diet is affecting it in some way... Anyway last night I treated myself to an intensive conditioner and heat protection spray to make it better!

That makes sense to me. We are all different in our needs, some need to stand on the scales everyday and some just need the once a week weigh in whilst others just need to know that they are sticking to the diet and counting the days down to slimdon :D

I am now considering not being weighed for a few weeks because I am that close to being under 25bmi that I find it is distracting me from my ultimate goal which is to be about 1 stone under this and a size 12 in designer trousers. :)

Your post has really made me start to consider what might be best for me. So many people on the forums have either got complacent or self sabotaged when close to their goal that I think concentrating on the diet and measurements might be a better way for me to go now.

Thanks for your post because it has been most thought provoking. I think I'll get weighed as usual on Monday after last weeks 1lb gain and then leave it for a couple/few weeks ;)

I am glad to have helped a fellow chicken!:)

A weigh in is an important part of losing weight but I guess
ultimately if it will distract from the long term process of reaching a target then it is probably best to avoid it for a while.

I have every intention of weighing myself next week when I will no longer be bloated...

The more I think about it, the more I think that I shouldn't even bother with getting weighed on Monday :rolleyes:

I'll see how I feel on the day but I will have to get weighed for the final result of the september challenge :D

7 Pounds Gone

7 Pounds Gone
13 Stones 12 Pounds. My new weight. Which means I have now lost 7 pounds in three weeks.

I am so happy and positive right now. I really feel that getting to my target is achievable and I am amazed how changing my diet has affected my energy levels and mood - I realise now how bad caffeine, sugar and too much starch were for me.

This week I will also be playing squash again - so I am excited to see how that will support my diet.

YAY!!!!!!!!

Hi CC

I read your blog and a fantastic blog at that. I too had a similar experience about the pill with my doctor. horror, i went in to ask for it and was point blank refused...the usual - lose weight first blah blah and while i love my GP and trust him immensely - i was embarassed, shocked and humiliated.

My weight at the time was 18 stones, so i guess he didnt have much choice. BUT i would have preferred him to be more 'gentle' and i rushed out - i remember as tho it was yesterday to have a big meal in MacDonalds...trying eating my embarasment away...that was about 2 years ago....

BUT BUT BUT when i lost the weight he asked ME (yup little old me) for ADVICE on how to handle overweight patients, it was great... i told him the only thing that the 'heavy handed advise' will cause is a binge in MacDonalds...

i spent ages yapping about it. i felt marvellous to say the least...i got alot off my chest...

Hopefully he took my advice...

Ivy

Thanks for the compliment about my blog!

As for my doctor... In away I am starting to feel grateful that he made me sad and angry because wanting to prove him wrong in a few months time is a big motivation for me.:):mad::)

However it is refreshing to hear that your doctor asked you opinions on how to broach the subject of losing weight!:D

Thanks Ivy xxx xxx

Back