The food break week

I'm in the middle of week 8 and I've not had a food break so far and I wont be having one either.

Some people like to have the food break and others dont, it's just up to the individual.
Exante have to recommend the food break because we are not being monitored like people on other vlcd's.

I completely forgot about the food break week, technically I should be on it this week, need to go and read a bit more about it before deciding what to do

Food break

Are the food breaks important to have and will it break the cycle and slow down, does everyone do these breaks I'm scared of managing to get into diet then on a food day week proper screwing it up

Hey there - now I have only been on the diet for 2 and a half weeks but I know myself I will not trust myself with a food break - instead what I am planning on doing is just going out for 1 meal a month (low carbs still) I think it all depends on the individual - i have ready some people do the food break and others don't so i think it is personal preference really :)

Kim

That's what I was thinking x x

challenge 1- 42lbs for June 20th 42lbs to go

im in my 6th week of ts and i have not had a food break yet, my plan is to lose the bulk of my weight and then swap to ws to slowly reintroduce food. exante recommend a food break as we are not monitored by them but its up to you and whether you feel you need it.

good luck, i see your start day is today, stay strong and drink that water.

I think most people will be a bit worried to take a food break because it is so hard during the first week on the t/s diet. I have a meal to go to in week 5 so will probably have a low carb meal each evening that weekend & then see what result it has on the weight loss.

Hi there I have decided that I am not having a food break. I did L.L for 5 months and they didn't do them on that so don't see why this should be any different!
Week 2 weigh in have lost another 3lbs!

well done on your weight loss kittykazza. Have you found week 2 easier then week one (hope the answer is yes as I'm on day 4 and starting to get a craving)

Hi there Susie58, I found that things got easier for me from day 11! Hang in there, it will be worth it. My husband has just started the diet as well, so I am having to talk him thru the 1st difficult days. I can definately see a difference in my body now, even after only 2 weeks and that is keeping me going! Good luck.

On Tuesday I should be having a food week but Im not, I did plan to have a food day as a treat and do that every 4 weeks , with hen nights, weddings etc coming up. However last week we went away for a couple of days and on the second day I had a none carb meal but had something small but naughty due to a grandchild making it. When I got home Id put on 2lbs, two days later going back on the diet 100% I had lost the two pounds Id gained. Back in the zone now and know from that result I will definately only be having a food day.
I know personally Having food for a week would tempt me to stray.

Hi, I've just had a couple of days with food due to visitors. On both days I ate the same... Fresh salmon, salad and a couple of new potatoes, fresh melon and pineapple and a small slice of home made cake. I'm now back on TS as of today and weighed myself this morning and hadn't put on any weight! Rather chuffed with myself and am back as determined as ever. I'm intending on having another food weekend for Mother's Day so will focus on that date whilst I continue with TS for the next 15 days.

Not sure whether this helps answer your question?

Cx

food break week??

ok i'm gonna sound dumb but what does this mean?? i'm starting the total solution tomorrow and read on their site something about a food week. But do i really need to do this and how often??

never done a vlcd before.

sarah x:lost:

Hi Sarah, every 28 days you are supposed to add a" ketosis friendly" meal of about 600 calories a day to your shakes & bars for 1 week & then return to TS for another month and repeat each month. I personally am not taking the break and I have noticed other forum users don't either. I suppose it is up to you & how you feel about it!
I previously did LL for 5 months & there weren't any food breaks on that.
Hope this helps & good luck on the diet.

thank you xx i have just received my bumper exante pack and i'm gonna start tomorrow!!

Food break '3 days'

Im in my third week of TS but am going to London for 2 nights on Saturday, having a 3 day food break then as I know it will be impossible to stick to even the Simple Solution whilst I'm away. But gonna get straight back on the horse when I get back, dont want to get to comfy on the 'break' as I have a loooong way to go :sigh:

Week 1 : 16lbs :newbie:
Week 2 : 6lbs :D
Week 3 :

Well it will be 7 weeks for me tomorrow and I havent had the Week food break either and im still going strong, its just personal choice I think a lot of people think that if they start having food they might fall by the wayside so they play it safe.

I have been seeing my doctor monthly since starting this, as I went to see her to explain what diet I was going to do and while she was very supportive she wanted to monitor me.

When I was coming up to the food break week she was fine with me skipping it for the first time, but she did say during my last visit last week that I should not go more than 10-12 weeks without any additional food.

Others have stayed on TS for longer than that and been fine, but everyone is different and you should listen to your own body. Don't be afraid to add food when you are ready - we all have to eat again at some point and so will have to face that challenge.

I'm personally feeling ready for it now. I have just started my 10th week. I'm doing TS this week until Sunday, then I'm doing WS for 5 days before a total weekend off as I am going away for a weekend. After that I will come back on TS for 4 weeks before moving through WS and SS for a few weeks each and any remaining weightloss will be done by Weightwatchers.

While I LOVE the results Exante has given me and it has largely been plain sailing, I don't know if I could go all the way to goal with no additional food. I like the idea of WW for the last stone or so to get into the habit of heathly eating and understanding how much food a smaller weight actually needs.

Sorry, I waffled on a bit there!! Whatever you decide, good luck xx

Back