the "i want to lose 50lb by 2011" thread

Woah my blackberry just messed that up... Lol. On lipotrim!!

Aw honey try to work through it, maybe shake up the way you eat to give your body a change, how many cals are you eating? Sometimes you need to eat more to lose, weirdly!

I TRY to eat about 1200-1500 but past week I have been eating 1800 ish....maybe thats why because I am eating too many calories?? but my BMR is quite alot more than that and surely I was eating waaaay more than that before so I still thought I would loose quite a bit more. I have been sooo hungry this week and still am today :sigh:

i dunno, bodies can be funny. maybe try cutting back to 1500 again and see how it goes x

Well done on the losses so far! 50lb is 2lb a week so not toooo out there :D

i would be very happy with 2lbs per week :D exciting stuff!

Oh me too! I spent 30 mins on wii fit earlier, 10 mins super hula hoop, 10 mins advanced rhythm boxing, some yoga, 5 mins step and rhythm kung fu! Phew I'm knackered!!

Weigh in for me this morning, 2 pounds down 48 to go!

2 pounds a week doesn't seem too much, but whenever I've dieted before I've only ever averaged 1 pound a week. South Beach seems to be working faster for me, but I'm convinced it's going to slow down!

Well done on the Wii-ing Colly, I can't do the rhythm kung fu at all!

2lb is a great loss and sustainable in the long term x

Well done Maynie not far to go now!! :D

Woo Hoo!! I lost another 5lb this week. :D

Will have to try to be good for the next 2 weeks as we are away in the caravan for 10 days plus b'day time. It's going to be tough to keep this up when my mind is in holiday mode. :)

well done ronsy!!

i saw that argos are doing a little slow cooker for £4-something at the moment, might be worth taking one of those and a bag of mixed vegetables/some meat/other stuff to sling in it, so when you're out and about you have food waiting for you when you get back rather than coming in, being knackered, eating badly cause you cant be arsed cooking! x

Definitely get one we use ours quite a lot, it's great I chuck everything in the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. Then switch in on in the morning on my way out the door (easy!!!!) and come home to a wonderful smell and lovely hot food.

Lots of lovely losses everyone! :D My first weigh in for this challenge tomorrow.. a bit nervous!! thought I hada great weeklast weekand didnt loosemuch so hoping it'll be better this week.x

Definitely get one we use ours quite a lot, it's great I chuck everything in the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. Then switch in on in the morning on my way out the door (easy!!!!) and come home to a wonderful smell and lovely hot food.

i meant for you ;) you should take it on holiday definitely then, and avoid temptation of naughty (easy) foods. got any good slow cooker recipes to share? :)

Sorry Colly I misread it, (Hubby came home today so my mind is on other things :love:) Thanks for the brilliant idea we use it all the time but did not think to take it with us :doh: I can take the smaller one that we have.

Manyie most of the stuff I do is vegetarian, but if we do fancy meat instead of the lentils we normally cook with (high in cals & carbs) then we grill, roast or bake it separately (the night before) so all the fat drains off then chop it up and add it before we eat. Brown or long grain rice (hold their shape better than pasta) and heaps of veg are lovely with a couple of stock pots or a tin of condensed soup thrown in. Also most root veg are good as they don't break apart as much as broccoli & cauliflower which become mushy but make a nice thick gravy, I also use a lot of spinach leaves as a filler and beetroot for bulk, small pickled onions are also good for adding a bit of bite. But have a play around as see what works for you.

Thanks again for the idea I feel much better about going away now.

Colly the recipes I use are based on veg and rice and any type of meat I just vary the kind of spice so it's ether, british, chinese, italian, curry, thai. Every meal comes out differently and not always as planned but so far they have all been edible.

I use all type of veg from butternut squash to turnip but never use green peppers as they can get a little bitter.

As I'm on a diet I don't normally put the meat in the cooker but cook it separately (so the fat drains off) but when not on a diet my fav winter meal is beef stew or beef olives with carrots, potatoes, peas and onions with more mealy on the side (yummy!!) When you walk in on a cold snowy day and are met with the wonderful aroma you just know you are in for a treat.

Fruit is also lovely cooked in a slow cooker especial apples, vanilla and cinnamon with currants (yummy!!)

Last edited:
mmm sounds lovely ronsy!! i had poached eggs, sausages and turkey rashers for tea last night, it was fabulous! whats not so fabulous though is my 11 hour shift at work today, boooo! i have lunch with me for a change though so hopefully wont be tempted to have something comforting x

Could I have lost three stone(42lbs) by Christmas,
gonna gie it a go methinks.

Back