the "i want to lose 50lb by 2011" thread

Welcome to both!! Look forward to hearing about your journeys.

I'm off plan for now-got news today my gran has only got a few days to live. I'm absolutely devastated, struggling to cope. The worst part is the waiting, and seeing her drugged up and helpless. My heart is breaking :(

Hi new people, welcome.:) Another 4.5 off for me this week so 11 so far, many many more left to go!

Welcome to our new folk! :)

Colly I'm so sorry to hear your news :cry: Hunny take good care of yourself (and family) we will be to support you if you want us, we will be thinking of you. :hug99:

Laura well done your doing great! :D

I'm off plan for now-got news today my gran has only got a few days to live. I'm absolutely devastated, struggling to cope. The worst part is the waiting, and seeing her drugged up and helpless. My heart is breaking :(

Oh hun, Im really sorry about your gran. :( Sending all my love xx

---

First weigh in of challenge and lost 5lb so very chuffed.

Colly how you doing today??

So so ronsy, I barely slept. She's a bit better today but still obv not good at all. Its been theraputic being with the family and laughing about the good times but I'm still very teary. Although its not a priority right now, its really made me think, how do I get through something distressing without turning to food? Its all I know! x

So so ronsy, I barely slept. She's a bit better today but still obv not good at all. Its been theraputic being with the family and laughing about the good times but I'm still very teary. Although its not a priority right now, its really made me think, how do I get through something distressing without turning to food? Its all I know! x

Oh hun, I know how hard it is when you have so little time left and I really hope that you and your family get through this tough time xx Its tricky when food isnt a vent option anymore..need to find a new way instead to let it out.

Hiya Colly, I understand where your coming from as I got in this state due to comfort eating when Dad and Nana passed and then Mum becoming ill and looking after her (for 9 years). All I can say is food is better than drink or drugs but if you do turn to food "eat healthy food".

I needed to find solace in something so turned to food as as last option. I knew I could control the types of food I ate so ate lots of veg, kept saturated fats limited and NO processed food (take away or ready meals, frozen chips, pizza etc) at all.

Cook all your own food then you know what's in it and will ensure you get all the vitamins and minerals you need (it takes time to cook so you have a little 'you' time while cooking). Then when you feel better you can lose the weight knowing your blood pressure, cholesterol etc have not been affected by your eating habits so you can bounce back quickly.

It's also a good idea to talk to your family as they may also be having problems with comfort eating and it's easier when you have someone close to talk to or if you want you can pm me.

Take care babes and know that it will get better

Thank you lovelies. I'm hoping to get home and back to some semi level of normality tonight- I've comfort eaten a whole lot as I've been up staying at her house (she's in hospital across the road). I feel generally awful. She recognised me today and told me I'm beautiful and she loves me, and asked to get her home. Really sad :(

Big hugs hun!! :grouphugg:

thanks ronsy.

i'm going back to work today, take my mind off of it, as horrible as it sounds theres no point in me sitting around just waiting for bad news. :(

i've been thinking about my weight loss too and have decided i'm going to save £10 for every lb i lose. (as long as i can afford it anyway!!)- this would mean by the time i hit target i would have over £1000!!! also maybe instill some saving spirit into me, which i am severely lacking. i have to do this (and i know i've said this before), i'm living my young life as a recluse who is scared to be seen out. my friends go out every weekend but i'm too paranoid that people are staring at me to do the same.i WILL be under 240lb by the end of the year, and i'll be under 190 by the time my next birthday rolls round. if not at target. i'm determined. x

£1000 is great motivation! Mine is a photo of a pair of boots (£270:cry:) that I've always wanted, now on my fridge door. I will be wearing them on Boxing Day. (I'll probably be sleeping in them too).
I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my husband and then my mum and turned to food and wine as a comfort. I hated myself. But I'm doing this for me - no one else, just me and I'm getting my life back.

ooh what boots? i dunno what i'd buy but i'm sure i'd think of something :D might even put it towards getting my tum and boobs done...look nice topless for the first time EVER!!

sorry to hear about your husband and mum. well done for taking the steps back to a healthy and happy life- you'll get there so soon!! x

well done!! x

Good move Colly taking your mind off the situation for a while will give you a bit of normality back. I love the idea of saving £1000 and you will reach target well before you next birthday. I have more to lose than you and our birthdays are both in July so if we work together we can make sure we 'both' hit target sooner rather than later, then you get to go out and spend £1000 on what ever you want!!

Melt I used to love wearing high-heeled boots that used to come up over my knees (great in the winter) I can't wait until I can look good in them again. Sorry to hear about your Husband and Mum, like you I turned to food and am now doing this for myself.

To be honest this is the first time I have tried to lose weight for 'me' not because other people told me or made me feel bad about myself, and to be honest because I'm doing it for me I'm finding it easier this time.

Colly I'm off on my birthday break tomorrow (away for 10 days) so not sure if I will be able to post or not so take care Hun I will be thinking about you. R xxx

Well done Brain
:talk017:

Back