The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

My OH was a butcher in the UK so he makes the sausages (very lean meat, but they do have the "mix" in them nonetheless so not great for the diet, but I love them and we've a freezer full!). He also cures lean bacon for us (you'll see that on the menu too!).

I make my own muesli cos I was horrified when I saw the ingredients of shop bought. All that sugar! And nearly every brand had ingredients I didn't like, so this way I can make sure I like everything in it. But calorie laden, so used to be a weekend treat but it's sneaking in every day now.

My OH has a weight problem too but he's not worried about it and it doesn't ruin his life the way mine does mine! He's much more relaxed about food and can do annoying things like open chocolate bars, have a bite and leave the rest... He's now been "told" and he knows to at least hide the evidence if he doesn't finish it himself!

It's actually about 1,400 calories which is probably too high but I'm loath to tweak too much just yet. I have already cut out a lot of "extras" which used to appear in my salads!

Hi Everybody,

It seems you are all going in the right direction. I am pleased to report lost 3lbs on Saturday so edge closer to food.

To answer a previous query from Maintainer, I will stay on full packs untill I reach my personal target of 61kg/9st 6lbs or have two more weigh ins. I have decided to be honest enough is now enough for me as want to have at 4 weeks of eating under my belt before go on holiday to Spain ..... half board!!!!! :eat:

From that point on I introduce food into my diet, begining in the first week dropping one pack of the four I currently have and eat a portion of selected proteins. Do not have the Management plan books yet, so not sure what happens then. Management last for 12 weeks, still with Counselling and obviously dropping more packs as you go through it.

I really can't wait, but am determined to do this right and be slim forever. For the first time ever or in a long while I believe this is possible. :fyi:

Sorry, have rambled on enough now.

I love reading food diarys, may be able to join in soon!

How do you all feel about dieting at the moment? Is it going well or sometimes struggle?

Speak soon

Sam xx

Hi Sonkie,

I noticed you previously did Lipotrim ..... Is that prescribed or can you access it like LL and CD

Well done for good progress

Sam

Thanks for explaining Sam. It's true that it will be good for you to have a few week's food in you before you go on holiday so as not to be like a kid in a locked candy shop (my DREAM!!) when you're faced with an "eat all you can" buffet!!

I looked at your Gallery, and don't see any photos?!!! Rectify soonest please!!

I had a good evening, and didn't stray from my food plan. Dieting for me is a drag at the moment, to be honest Sam, as I used to lose weight very easily before, eating this way, and since quitting smoking find the pounds just don't move... infuriating!

Today's food:
B: 1/2 grapefruit
bowl of homemade muesli / Fitnesse flakes and half ss milk / half water

L: chicken with four fresh steamed veggies, Taillefine yoghurt

Snack: 1 apple

D: steamed panga* fish fillet with plateful of homemade low calorie ratatouille, couple of tiny (from garden) boiled potatoes

* have no idea what this tastes like, but it was on offer, so thought we'd try it!

Hi everyone, feeling really pleased with myself this morning after yesterday's DD I weighed in at 10 stone exactly. This is the maximum weight I want to be so I am now within my final range. Still another half a stone to lose and I know I will probably be up a bit tomorrow, definitely going the right way though. I had dance class last night, it was very energetic and I felt great afterwards. All in all I am in an optimistic mood.

Joanne, you are very sensible to make your own muesli, it is unbelievable how much sugar manufacturers can pack into their products. And how great that your OH can make your sausages and bacon, do you grow the potatoes at your weekend place? I've never heard of panga fish, I hope it is tasty. I really sympathise on the "can't lose weight" front because that was me before I started JUDDDD. On 1400 calories you should be losing just over a pound a week, unless your body has scaled its activity down to match the intake like mine used to.

Sam, congrats on the 3lb loss, that's great. You are absolutely right to try and get used to food before your holiday, after CD I found my physical ability to eat was much reduced, at first I just couldn't manage any quantity of food. Got over that fairly quickly of course and started piling weight back on! That's why I am now doing JUDDDD.

Oops, forgot food diary, um, last night I had a galette with chicken, ham and a tiny bit of cheese and loads of salad. Then in the evening I had a pear and two almond biscuits. Final total for the day was 521 cals (max allowed 525). Today I can have anything I like, started with a big bowl of fruit salad plus some mascarpone cream left over from Sunday night, and I am feeling comfortably full. That is such an odd thing about this diet, on DDs I'm thinking "tomorrow I can eat cake, chocolate, bread, etc" and when tomorrow comes I want fruit and salad.

Have a great day all of you.

After yesterdays UD my scales are up a quarter of a pound, thats fine, it will be gone tomorrow. I ate normally, plus some treats like a piece of chocolate cake and a couple of biscuits. Today is a DD so I will have strawberries for breakfast later on, and probably salad of some description for lunch unless it carries on being this cold when I may be forced to make soup.

What was the panga fish like?

10 stone - wow! My dream weight! How tall are you Claire?

I have wondered about Juddding myself at some point but, when I look at what fellow judders are eating, most seem to have at least one meal, if not two, off the meal replacement packs. Without using those, it must be tough to get a day's food under 500 calories without feeling ill! No?

We have planted loads of veggies in the country this year but too early to pick anything yet... however, our neighbours left potatoes from last year in the ground, so we've been sharing theirs! Lovely! I just have the odd one or two, as I'm still careful with carbs, but they are good!

It's a bright, sunny yet COLD morning here, but at least I got my thirty minute walk in before work as for once it wasn't raining. Hope everyone's ok and that no one's been adversely affected by the dreadful flooding.

Incidentally the "panga" fish was very nice (as far as white fish goes - I'm not a great fan, but OH complains that I never have any fish but salmon on the menu!). I just steamed it in a little semi skimmed milk diluted with water, and put lots of black pepper on it. Served it with a few tiny potatoes and lots of homemade ratatouille. Lovely!

1 shredded wheat, homemade muesli, Fitnesse flakes with ss milk + water

L: chicken with a few steamed carrots and green beans and homemade ratatouille
1 Taillefine yoghurt

D: 2 egg onion and mushroom omelette with salad

3L water

I envy you your strawberries Claire... no sign of them over here. OH is off to the market this morning with strict instructions to FIND ME SOME!!

I see a slight reduction on the scales this morning but will wait until Friday just in case... since stopping smoking, I've found that the numbers just don't drop as they did before. I've read lots of internet, and chatted to three different chemists (when I begged for a pill to help!!), and apparently one's metabolism can take between six months and a year to settle after quitting smoking... sad but true.

Hi Joanne, are you like me, can't keep off the scales? I know they say just do it once a week but I feel I have to keep it in my daily routine in case a mysterious few extra pounds suddenly arrive. I'm glad the fish was good, I must admit I do like a sauce with white fish, not ideal for dieting. We live in a strawberry growing area and there are some farmers who manage to spread the season over a couple of months, so still plenty around for the time being - hope your OH is lucky.

We've had a fair bit of rain but nothing awful like some parts, I live in East Anglia which gets about the lowest rainfall in the country.

No meal packs for me, I made the decision that if I am to eat very low calories then they will at least be nice ones. It means counting, weighing and calculating, but that isn't hard. Do you manage to get home from work for lunch? Your menu doesn't actually look very much higher in calories than my DD one except for the breakfast, depends on quantities.

Oh and I am 5'4.5", neither tall nor short. Currently about size 12, sometimes 10, planning on settling around a 10 I hope. Although I think clothes sizes are getting bigger, I'm sure 8s didn't exist when I was a teenager.

It is a depressing thought that it could take up to a year to get your metabolism back to normal, you have done so well to give up the evil sticks, on top of the weight loss and maintenance, that it doesn't seem fair somehow.

I'm terrible where the scales are concerned; every morning and evening, without fail! I even had OH take out and hide the battery once, but I pestered him so much to give it back to me, that I failed miserably at keeping off them!!

The trouble with scales of course are the fluctuations. So today's drop makes me happy, and tomorrow's (probable) increase will depress me!!

No I can't get home for lunch as am about 1/2 hour public transport away from home so wouldn't have time. I bring my own things in for lunch, and avoid going out, as there is too much temptation out there for people like me!!

I'm 5'6", and all my summer wardrobe is size 10 or 12... and nothing fits me! Yet my sister kindly lent me six pairs of size 14 trousers and they're HUGE! Clothes sizes have definitely changed...

I am hoping that I'll be the exception to the metabolism rule! I obviously need more exercise, so will think about that(!), but I think I had the food intake pretty well monitored before and am now just fine tuning it. Breakfast is probably too big still but I tend to get ravenous at about noon and don't have lunch until 1pm so always a danger period for me then...

mmm white fish with white sauce and cheese on the top! Now you're talking... just boring steamed white fish though, nah! Ah well I did it yesterday, oh and dry fried some mushrooms in garlic so that helped with the general blandness!

Off on "holiday" in just over 2 weeks and know what usually happens then! So I'm really hoping to get some more pounds moving in the next couple of weeks...

Lol, taking the batteries out is a bit of a desperate measure! Fluctuations are hard to take, and particularly bad on JUDDD because they are intensified. I try to be philosophical about it but still droop mentally when they jump up a couple of pounds. I would find it hard to resist all the lovely food you have available, packed lunches must be a life saver.

Your goal is not much different from mine, bearing in mind you are taller. I go on holiday soon too, end of next week, but plan on still JUDDDing at maintainance levels so hopefully I won't put any weight back on. Where are you going?

I've got a wardrobe full of things that are either too big or too small, and I hate low rise trousers, not a flattering look on me, so it is hard to buy new stuff now. Clothes are a perennial problem anyway, I'm a difficult fit.

Those garlic mushrooms sound good, a tasty alternative to muy usual microwaved ones.

Food so far today:
Breakfast, bowl of strawberries
Lunch, prawn salad (again), mini solero (again), one almond biscuit.
Still haven't planned what I am having later, dance class again this evening so I should be away from temptation. Talking of temptations, I went round my sister's to rehearse with a friend, the friend brought cream doughnuts, my sister baked biscuits, and I was incredibly self controlled and didn't eat anything!

I serve mushrooms with everything at the moment! Dry fried with garlic works well; popped onto the George Foreman grill next to any piece of meat... (extra food for very few extra calories! that's my game ;))

I can't believe you were in the same room as cream doughnuts and didn't crack! Fortunately I don't like French cakes, but can never resist English fresh cream ones when I'm over... (and how come they're so much cheaper than fruit in the supermarkets?! where's the incentive to buy fruit instead?!)

I'm just like you with your "(again)"'s. I'm very much a creature of habit too but am consciously trying out new things in the evening to hopefully kick start things again <whispering> (and it seems to be working!)

I'm off for a week to the country place from Thursday evening 12th. July 14th being a big thing here, it's nice to be in the village and get to meet some of the locals...

At 10 stone 4lbs, my entire wardrobe fits me and it was such a thrill for the first time in my darned life to have such a choice. At 22 stone, you can imagine how I rotated the same five Evans "dresses" for work! (urgh dresses! I'm now never out of trousers!). Yet at this weight, little fits. I got rid of anything with stretch, elastic or "grow room" when I first hit target end 2003; and had NO problem *until I quit smoking* ( <-- and I keep reminding myself that I used to be a FAT SMOKER, so it's not gonna help to go back to them either!!)

My quit cig ticker:
I became a non smoker 146 days ago (4M 3W 5D 17h 8m ago) and have saved £718.89 by not smoking 4,107 cigs. Last EVER cig: 31/01/2007 21:30. I stopped cold turkey. Now sorting out the weight I've gained.

I'd take French patisserie over English cakes any day, maybe I just don't get them often enough. Prices can be stupid I agree, a packet of biscuits can cost less than one apple! (Chants mantra - "don't think about the biscuits")

We'll be in France for 14th, I hope we can camp somewhere without fireworks, our dog hates them. It will be lovely for you to get to know the locals better, nothing like village celebrations for that.

It's amazing how much you have saved by not smoking, enough to treat yourself to something really nice. Maybe when you hit target again you can celebrate somehow. I'm sure you will do it, you have great dedication. And the memory of the Evans dresses days is obviously enough to strengthen your resolve if it ever flags! One thing I am really looking forwards too when I feel slim again is going clothes shopping and enjoying it.

Food diary continued:
Half a chocolate ginger biscuit at 5.00
Chicken and vegetable stir fry with oyster sauce for supper
That will leave me about 120 cals to spare so I'll maybe have a small pear and the other half biscuit before bed.

It's true that I do love croissants and pains aux chocolat, where patisserie is concerned, but the cakes always look much better than they taste (to me!) and I hate confectioner's custard!

Finding a quiet place without fireworks isn't going to be easy, alas. So many idiots let those little bangers off these days, and not just on the 14th alas.

As predicted, scales up a little today but not too bad, so hoping for a little "official" loss tomorrow on my" change ticker" day!

Today's food

1 shredded wheat, some homemade muesli, Fitnesse flakes for crunch with half ss milk / half water

L: chicken with undressed salad, with one spoonful coleslaw
1 Taillefine yoghurt

D: bowl of homemade pumpkin soup (need to free the space in my freezer!)
4oz mozzarella cheese and tomatoes with extra salad on the side

3L water

Fireworks are such a pain, I have a friend who devotes much of her life to petitioning for banning them. If it were just one day we could cope but kids let them off for weeks.

Not liking confectioner's custard does put a lot of patisserie out of the picture I agree, personally I do like it although I prefer eclairs with fresh cream.

You've got a good healthy plan again today, do you not put anything on your salads? I drizzle on balsamic vinegar and really enjoy that. I have an UD today so have had two slices of toast and a banana for breakfast, not sure what the rest of the day will include (but there is chocolate cake in the tin which will call to me at 5.00 I'm sure). I was down to 9st 13.25lbs this morning but expect to be up a bit by the time I weigh on Saturday as I have two UDs in a row now due to a party tomorrow night.

I must go and get the bread dough going before starting work.

In my previous (aka "fat") life, I didn't like salad. Any salad. Gradually, as I got hungry(!), I became far less fussy (hehe hee!) and learned to identify exactly what I did and didn't like. Lettuce is one of the things I do despise, although I've now realised that I do like iceberg lettuce because it stays crunchy. Dressing on salad, or balsamic vinegar makes things go soggy (to me!)! Coleslaw keeps it all crunchy (but I've cut it right back to just one desertspoon, as I was having too much there!).

Chocolate cake in the tin... that would never happen chez moi. If chocolate cake is in the HOUSE, it's calling to me!! I admire your restraint.

I have been thinking of varying my total daily calories more next week. Not JUDDing, as I don't really agree with the 500 cal days nutritionally speaking (yet!), but perhaps 3 x 1,000 days might be good. Breakfast is where I could save loads. I'm a bit scared of being hungry though!

Do you have a good calorie website bookmarked by any chance? My trial membership to WLR is over, and I'm not fully decided about joining... as I know I have an eating disorder, I'm holding back from signing up for anything that will make me even more compulsive about food than I am!

I usually just google the item but often seem to end up on The Calorie Counter
I do get hungry on JUDDD sometimes, but I keep my sights on the fact I can eat tomorrow, have another glass of water or low cal squash and try to take my mind off it. And of course it won't be for too long, I reckon it will take about five weeks at current rates to reach goal, then I will be just JUDDDing for maintenance which is supposed to be 1000-1200 on DDs although I will have to see what happens because I think I would still lose on that amount.

Not keen on slimy salads either, but I make mine just before they will be eaten so it isn't a problem. Cake isn't my big temptation, I like it but it can't summon me the way bicuits can!

Thanks for the calorie counter link.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with JUDDDing for maintenance either (there's always one, isn't there?!) because I had maintained pretty easily before with 80 / 20... so will definitely try that first as I think the 500 Calorie days must be a little low on nutrition...

And at 1000-1200, surely that's weight loss amount, rather than maintenance which comes out at differing amounts according to exercise levels of course but for me is about 1,800. You're right though that there's a bit of trial and error in there.

As for my idea of dropping to 1,000 calories a few days next week, I'm having trouble getting my favourite meals to work... haaa! I'm umming and aahing about breakfast. I love your strawberry breakfasts, but have to face defeat on that front as just can't find decent affordable ones here any more...

So I'm thinking of sticking to my 1/2 grapefruit, perhaps boiled egg, and yoghurt?

Ahhh cake is my big temptation... (along with chocolate, sweets, biscuits, anything SWEET!!)

I think part of my problem also at the moment is that it's so darned quiet at work! Great for surfing and playing on internet, less good for time passing and feeling less hungry!

I suppose the idea is that what you don't get nutritionally on the DDs you make up for on the UDs. The lure for me is that there might be a time when I can stop thinking about food in terms of calories, dream on, I know. If I can maintain my desired weight by just being careful every other day it will make life much easier, plus it is supposed to have a lot of other health benefits which aren't a major consideration at th emoment but could be useful later.

Eggs and low fat yogurt are good, high in protein and should keep you satisfied through the morning. Of course muesli is good too, low GI etc, but easy to get too many calories in there. The Johnson website certainly says to have 50-60% of normal needs for maintenance DDs, by that reckoning we'd all be eating 75% of our needs overall, not sure that is ideal. Anyway, no need to worry about it until I've got there.

Better do some work I suppose, VAT returns - yuck.

Back