Total Solution The Miss Mac Diary! Operation Egypt!!!

week 3 day 4

Got into work today and someone offered me a homemade biscuit. I tried to say no but they kept encouraging me, in the end saying it was ok coz it was a 'diet biscuit'!!
To be fair, no one at work knows im on this diet yet and I dont really want to tell them until I have to. Anyway, I didnt want to be rude and insist that I really didnt want it, so like I said I took it, but when he wasnt looking I gave it away to someone else!!! I felt pretty bad, but I had told him I didnt want it! I actually really didnt want it either, not even tempted!

Why do people push food onto other people? Why do people not seem to take 'no thankyou' as an answer? Do I really have to go into the ins and outs of why I dont want something?

Go you! What an akward situation. You should be really proud of yourself :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Clair, I got through it without offending anyone so thats a bonus!!

You are such a star, I'm not very good in those sort of situations. I'm dreading Easter, please no-one give me any Cadbury's eggs!

You are such a star, I'm not very good in those sort of situations. I'm dreading Easter, please no-one give me any Cadbury's eggs!

Haha...I have got 3 easter eggs already, luckily for me chocolate is not my downfall....Im just grateful they dont do crisp eggs....then I really would be in trouble!! :)

Week 3 day 5

Came in from work and really could have done with something to eat. Its been a long, hard, very tough day and I really could have done with some food. Its funny because it wasnt even my usual 'its Friday takeaway night' craving.
I have been thinking about this and I have never really considered myself to be an 'emotional' eater or anything like that, but I did wonder tonight if I might be. Did I want food because I wanted to eat or was it only because I had a tough day and it would make me feel better? Im really not sure???

Anyway, I had a hot bubble bath and I have just had a soup and the feeling has passed. That however might be because I am going out next weekend and I want to lose as much weight as possible before then and definitely dont want to risk actually putting any on....I would be so devestated!!

A night out....good motivation for me!!!

Well done on not giving in! I think for me, it's a combination of the both. I definitely eat more when I'm down, and being fat makes me feel down, but I also have a genuine addiction to carbohydrates, esp in the form of chocolate! It sounds really pathetic but I know it's true because if I last a week without it the craving subsides. But when I'm feeling stressed/tired/low I still feel the pull to turn to chocolate for comfort. Not so fussed about crisps, but could eat a tub of pringles in one go!

The impending night out!!

Week 3 day 6

Oooo...weigh in day tomorrow, im nervous but excited at the same time!!

I could certainly have eaten something last night and today. i dont feel like a full on binge but I do really fancy a protein based meal. Still, my night out next week is keeping me motivated and strong. i would feel horrible if I cheated now.

So here is my worry now that my night out is getting closer.....I will be drinking alcohol next weekend and to be perfectly honest with you all, I have no intention of watching what I drink! This is purely because I dont go out very often and typically, I always lose weight after a night out so Im not too worried about the calories and such like. I realise it might kick me out of ketosis, but again, this Im not too worried about as I can cope with the 3-4 days to get back into it.

My big big worry is that I always eat after a night out and again to be perfectly honest, I will plan to eat this time. Then the day after the night out, I always get the 'beer munchies'. I know this will happen again and I fear that if I try to not eat, I will just end up having a full on binge and eat everything in site. So here is my plan....I plan to get plain chicken and salad if I eat after the night out and I am planning to go shopping before the night out and get some chicken, swede mash and green veg to have for a meal on the Sunday. I will also get some protien based things to pick at. Anything to keep me from having a full on carb binge! I am only hoping that after eating, I can get straight back into not eating on the Monday!! I normally find weekdays easier to cope with so I am hoping it will be the same after eating!

Do you think this will be ok or does it sound really bad? I could avoid the night out, but I really dont go out that often and I dont want to become totally anti social just because I am on this diet.

xxx

You should deff enjoy your night out hun! I would say though that you should knock yourself out of ketosis if you are going to have quite a few drinks, alcohol and ketosis can make us very poorly xx

You should deff enjoy your night out hun! I would say though that you should knock yourself out of ketosis if you are going to have quite a few drinks, alcohol and ketosis can make us very poorly xx

Really summer....I should get out of ketosis before the night out? Why is that then?

This link may help better then I can explain hun:

http://www.minimins.com/exante/191898-danger-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

I have a function at the beginning of April and face the same dilemma but I know I will drink so the day before or even two days before will gently knock myself out of ketosis with some good food choices but hope to jump straight back on it right after. Life can't stop just because we are dieting, so sometimes these things come up and we should enjoy them ;)

I am really struggling today. I cant stop thinking about food for some reason. Im definitely not hungry so I know its just another urge. I cant even call it a craving, because I dont want to eat anything in particular, I just want food!!

Went shopping today in Asda and managed to resist buying a cooked chicken. My son however got some chicken drumsticks and has been eating them in front of me and it has been so hard not to have one!!

I bought a top as a non food treat but it still hasnt made me feel any better!!

Why are weekends so tough for me???

I got some Asda bars while I was there though to substitute my Exante bar for a change and I also bought one of their snack bars to have as a 'treat' later while Im watching a movie. I hope this is ok. Actually I will probably just have half of each so I dont feel as though I have cheated. Its got to be better than having food though...right?...x

Week 3 day 7

Well its weigh in day again and yay, yay, yay.........I have lost another 4lb!!:p I am totally loving it!!

Woke up this morning feeling rather hungry but had a cuppa and a glass of water and that soon went. Hope I can get through the day without thinking too much about food. Friday and Saturday was hard going!!

I am over the moon with the weight loss this week though. I was a bit worried because I have read lots of diaries on here that say week 3 weight loss can be quite poor for some reason, but I am happy with my 4lb.

Heres to another good week!!...xxx

Wow that's a brilliant loss hon! I'm hoping I can do as well as you once I actually get started lol.

Fab loss - well done you!!

xxx

Wow that's a brilliant loss hon! I'm hoping I can do as well as you once I actually get started lol.

Im sure you will do just fine. I have my tough days, but weigh in day makes it worthwhile!!

Fab loss - well done you!!

xxx

Thanks toots, Im really please with the loss this week!

Wow! Your doing brilliantly! I can't believe you've lost so much in three weeks!

Wow! Your doing brilliantly! I can't believe you've lost so much in three weeks!

Neither can I to be honest!! I cant believe I have been 100% the whole time either. I normally give up as soon as friday night comes!!

You are doing so well Miss Mac...well done!.x.

Thanks...I really appreciate the support....definitely couldnt do it without the people on here!

Well its the start of week 4 tomorrow....wow....nearly a whole month TS on Exante....I am so shocked at myself!!:clap:

week 4 day 1

wow Im on week 4....I can hardly believe it, thats nearly a whole month on 100% TS.

I have to say, I am already feeling much better for it too. Got a new dress and new shoes for Saturday night and for the first time in ages it feels good! Dont get me wrong, I would still like to be a few dress sizes smaller but I feel so much better than I did on a night out I had in February.

So with that in mind, I am determind to get though this week 100%. I only hope that after I have had an eating day on sunday that I can get straight back on it again on Monday. Fingers crossed.

I will be weighing in on Saturday this week instead of Sunday as I think this will be a more accurate reading than the Sunday one as I tend to lose weight after drinking but it settles back down again during the week.

xxx

New dress and new shoes - what a very nice reward:) Staying 100% all that time is amazing!

Back