Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The 'what i resisted today' Thread.

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Littleslimmingbee, 21 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey guys and girlies.

Almost every day (except for the occasional one we dont want to rant and rave about ;) ) we all make a descion that betters our sw journey and gets us there a little faster. I think its genuinly important to share when you make a choice, because although its somthing 'small' it makes all the difference, mentally and eventually physically. So heres a thread, specially dedicated to that good choice you made today.. i shall start.

After reading the 'staple syns' thread, i was absoloutly gagging for some chocolate, and in my head bargained that i'd have it wednesday, but as i am trying desperatly not to binge on a wednesday after wi, i will not. I will stick to my planned meal, and instead i have gone into the kitchen, chopped up banana, oranges and bananas, topped with sweetener, and squirted with squirty cream and sprinkled with a light sprinkling of cadburys highlights for a desserty taste. It was yum, and i no longer want that dreaded lindt, nore do i feel i'l be clinging to the hope of a wednesday binge to satisfy the desire. Im 100% on track..

so what about you?? xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. niknaks

niknaks Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Today i resisted a MCDONALDS! I have explained all in my diary lol. But basically I drove my friend home from the shops and she asked me to drop by the drive thru- i was SOO SOO SOO good!:D go me!

4. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What a great thread and one to look back on :D
    I resisted Lemon and Lime Cheesecake, my friend made it yesterday to follow the dinner I had made. I resisted it last night too but twice as hard today as the leftover was in the fridge all day but I did it and very pleased with myself :)

5. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yay! go you! - especially for the cheesecake, thats my FAVE :D LOL

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've resisted that 2nd glass of wine. So hard when it's still weekend & I don't know why but a little harder today. But I've had enough syns today, I've not gone over. But as you know I always have a lot with MiL on a Saturday. As a result I try & just have a few syns each day after that until WI.

7. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Another great thread! I got a dvd out to watch with my boys, they had sweets and popcorn to munch while watching...I had grapes and a yoghurt! Vanilla fudge is a hard one for me to resist! So am pleased as my son had a bag full of it!
    In fact when I was in Tesco's I saw the bags of sweets and a bag of milky bar moments I thought to myself how I would have thought absoloutely nothing of getting some and scoffing the whole lot to myself.....in the past!!!
    Thank goodness for Slimming World!
    Well done everyone on your resistances! :cool:

8. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the resist list! Well done Fern. Good idea.

Today I resisted slobbing on the sofa and went for a run this afternoon, and also walked to my band rehearsal and back.

I didn't resist one caramel kitkat and a caramel freddo bar! lol!

9. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW

Ah you make me feel bad, Sunday is my exercise day, but im still feeling a bit poorley and i did not go, i feel so lazy. i could have done really..

hellie dont you turn this into your confession thread :p keep your chocolatly thoughts to yourself!!! xxx

10. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world - Body Optimise
    I resisted nicking a mini creme egg that my BF had a bag of this evening. Every day I'm resisting the pot of wasabi coated peanuts in the kitchen until I work out how many syns are in them!

11. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world - Body Optimise
    Oh, and sorry for tempting you with the syns thread! Bad, bad NSM!

12. snuggle69

snuggle69 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11lb(29.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    I love wasabi coated peanuts and beans, still havent worked out the syns though so they are banned!
    I have resisted any chocolate today, weird as I am not a chocolate person...but really fancy some

13. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    All snacks! No food is passing my lips between meals anymore!! It made a difference to my loss last week, and I am hoping it will do the same again this week... Roll on Tuesday!

14. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OMG what didn't I resist on fast forward: banana, pears, yogurts, alpen bars, grapes, cheese, peas, satsumas, variety of veg (stuck to my 5 ounces carrots !!!!) a cup of tea when my milk had run out.Food food and any food argggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xxxxx

15. Kikikisses

Kikikisses Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    A twirl bar after dinner. Although I know the time of day eating thing is a myth and that it was well within my syns allowance I knew in my heart it would be pointless extra calories. I wasn't going to exert the energy I'd gain from eating it so I didn't. If I still fancy it tomorrow once I've had my breakfast & lunch then I can have it but not at 9pm at night.

16. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I have resisted rocky road cupcakes (and all other cakes in Costa Coffee!) and compensated with 2 Curly Wurly's - 12 syns later xxx

17. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Today I declined lunch at a fabulous French restaurant with DH. He was disappointed and I almost changed my mind but stayed strong and he came around when I cooked a great lunch at home instead!

18. CamilleBates

CamilleBates Alomst there :)

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(24.71%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I resisted chocolate in the pub this afternoon! I don't drink unless it's a special occasion anymore but we still go to the pub every sunday and I usually have a kit kat or something because I get the choccie craving and then I end up over syns :( Today I saved my HEB and took a HiFi bar :D

So not only did I resist chocolate, I resisted being unprepared LOL :)

19. fatbunny

fatbunny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(41.03%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world/
    i resisted having anything with my cappuccino in tesco cafe today after doing the shopping, oh always has a pack of ginger or choc chip cookies.

20. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Today I resisted......

-going out for Sunday lunch with our fellow villagers- It was a charity lunch in the village hall, but I'm going out for lunch tomorrow at a posh hotel AND it's WI so I really didn't want to have the temptation- we gave a donation instead!!

-munching my way through a whole box of Mikados- I stopped at 6 (3 syns) and had to FORCE myself to put them back in the cupboard!! Very pleased with myself for doing so though!

- munching through loads of duck & hoisin sauce pancakes!! I made them for our starter this evening and planned on having just 3, extended to 4, but could soooo easily have munched my way through about 10!! I really wanted to they were so yummy!!!

-joining my dh in nibbling on blue cheese and crackers infront of a film this evening!! I completely refused!!

21. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    I resisted a second piece of cake (the first was synned properly) this morning when the neighbours came round for elevenses.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.