The 'what i resisted today' Thread.

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hey guys and girlies.

Almost every day (except for the occasional one we dont want to rant and rave about ;) ) we all make a descion that betters our sw journey and gets us there a little faster. I think its genuinly important to share when you make a choice, because although its somthing 'small' it makes all the difference, mentally and eventually physically. So heres a thread, specially dedicated to that good choice you made today.. i shall start.

After reading the 'staple syns' thread, i was absoloutly gagging for some chocolate, and in my head bargained that i'd have it wednesday, but as i am trying desperatly not to binge on a wednesday after wi, i will not. I will stick to my planned meal, and instead i have gone into the kitchen, chopped up banana, oranges and bananas, topped with sweetener, and squirted with squirty cream and sprinkled with a light sprinkling of cadburys highlights for a desserty taste. It was yum, and i no longer want that dreaded lindt, nore do i feel i'l be clinging to the hope of a wednesday binge to satisfy the desire. Im 100% on track..

so what about you?? xxxx

I've resisted that 2nd glass of wine. So hard when it's still weekend & I don't know why but a little harder today. But I've had enough syns today, I've not gone over. But as you know I always have a lot with MiL on a Saturday. As a result I try & just have a few syns each day after that until WI.

Another great thread! I got a dvd out to watch with my boys, they had sweets and popcorn to munch while watching...I had grapes and a yoghurt! Vanilla fudge is a hard one for me to resist! So am pleased as my son had a bag full of it!
In fact when I was in Tesco's I saw the bags of sweets and a bag of milky bar moments I thought to myself how I would have thought absoloutely nothing of getting some and scoffing the whole lot to myself.....in the past!!!
Thank goodness for Slimming World!
Well done everyone on your resistances! :cool:

I love the resist list! Well done Fern. Good idea.

Today I resisted slobbing on the sofa and went for a run this afternoon, and also walked to my band rehearsal and back.

I didn't resist one caramel kitkat and a caramel freddo bar! lol!

I love the resist list! Well done Fern. Good idea.

Today I resisted slobbing on the sofa and went for a run this afternoon, and also walked to my band rehearsal and back.

I didn't resist one caramel kitkat and a caramel freddo bar! lol!

Ah you make me feel bad, Sunday is my exercise day, but im still feeling a bit poorley and i did not go, i feel so lazy. i could have done really..

hellie dont you turn this into your confession thread :p keep your chocolatly thoughts to yourself!!! xxx

I resisted nicking a mini creme egg that my BF had a bag of this evening. Every day I'm resisting the pot of wasabi coated peanuts in the kitchen until I work out how many syns are in them!

Oh, and sorry for tempting you with the syns thread! Bad, bad NSM!

I resisted nicking a mini creme egg that my BF had a bag of this evening. Every day I'm resisting the pot of wasabi coated peanuts in the kitchen until I work out how many syns are in them!

I love wasabi coated peanuts and beans, still havent worked out the syns though so they are banned!
I have resisted any chocolate today, weird as I am not a chocolate person...but really fancy some

All snacks! No food is passing my lips between meals anymore!! It made a difference to my loss last week, and I am hoping it will do the same again this week... Roll on Tuesday!

OMG what didn't I resist on fast forward: banana, pears, yogurts, alpen bars, grapes, cheese, peas, satsumas, variety of veg (stuck to my 5 ounces carrots !!!!) a cup of tea when my milk had run out.Food food and any food argggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xxxxx

A twirl bar after dinner. Although I know the time of day eating thing is a myth and that it was well within my syns allowance I knew in my heart it would be pointless extra calories. I wasn't going to exert the energy I'd gain from eating it so I didn't. If I still fancy it tomorrow once I've had my breakfast & lunch then I can have it but not at 9pm at night.

I have resisted rocky road cupcakes (and all other cakes in Costa Coffee!) and compensated with 2 Curly Wurly's - 12 syns later xxx

Today I declined lunch at a fabulous French restaurant with DH. He was disappointed and I almost changed my mind but stayed strong and he came around when I cooked a great lunch at home instead!

I resisted chocolate in the pub this afternoon! I don't drink unless it's a special occasion anymore but we still go to the pub every sunday and I usually have a kit kat or something because I get the choccie craving and then I end up over syns :( Today I saved my HEB and took a HiFi bar :D

So not only did I resist chocolate, I resisted being unprepared LOL :)

i resisted having anything with my cappuccino in tesco cafe today after doing the shopping, oh always has a pack of ginger or choc chip cookies.

Today I resisted......

-going out for Sunday lunch with our fellow villagers- It was a charity lunch in the village hall, but I'm going out for lunch tomorrow at a posh hotel AND it's WI so I really didn't want to have the temptation- we gave a donation instead!!

-munching my way through a whole box of Mikados- I stopped at 6 (3 syns) and had to FORCE myself to put them back in the cupboard!! Very pleased with myself for doing so though!

- munching through loads of duck & hoisin sauce pancakes!! I made them for our starter this evening and planned on having just 3, extended to 4, but could soooo easily have munched my way through about 10!! I really wanted to they were so yummy!!!

-joining my dh in nibbling on blue cheese and crackers infront of a film this evening!! I completely refused!!

I resisted a second piece of cake (the first was synned properly) this morning when the neighbours came round for elevenses.

Back