Things you're looking forward to in your new body

lilbit

Hi all,

I'm finally starting to believe I will actually get to my target this time. I've always struggled to lose more than 5kgs before, and now I've lost just over 13kgs in five weeks and I'm so stoked. I am finally able to start visualising myself at a 'normal' weight, I've never really done that before. I piled on weight rather quickly in my late teens and early twenties (thanks PCOS!), and at 31 I've never ever lost weight before.

Along with being able to realllllly see myself slimmer, I'm beginning to identify the different ways that I have unconsciously gone about doing things slightly differently to smaller people, and adusting my physical presence to not offend or interfere with other people's personal space (even though now, having to think about that, it makes me really angry how fatist society is!... anyway, I digress).

I have started making a few notes of things I'm looking forward to... and I thought maybe others have things I've not yet picked up on, or different things to my own etc?

Here's mine so far:
- not touching the sides of chairs, especially in public places like on the plane, tube or cinema
- shopping for clothes in 'normal' shops!!!!
- not having to walk down the train / bus / plane aisle at an angle in case I bump someone
- being able to put socks on without having to pull my leg up by my jeans
- not struggle to paint my toenails properly

I'm with you on all of the above!

Another one I've realised I do is plan my route around the crowded canteen at lunchtime. My colleagues always take the shortest route out; I have to check that there's enough space between chairs so I'm not constantly squeezing by, full of "excuse me".

I am looking forward to being far more active. Long 25 mile hikes rather than the 6 mile ones which were all I could manage before, mountain biking, swimming, personal training. Being fit for the first time in my life! Maybe even some rock climbing and white water rafting. Oh - and I'd love to go diving rather than just snorkling!!! Perhaps I could treat myself to diving lessons for reaching goal? I'm looking forward to going on activity holiday which are filled with these things as well as seeing the local area and culture. I'm vaguely thinking that I might want to train for trialthalons - but I'm scared of the running as I have a tendancy to twist my ankle - so we'll just have to see...

Me too, lilbit. All of the above!

Isn't bit fab...that moment when you realise that this is not another failure, that you really can do this, and that you will be thin!

When we were fat we were conscious of our mass - so that's great, not to have to think strategically about getting from A to B or wear to park - so teh door will open wide enough. At 16 1/2stone, I feel so much more lithe than at 21 1/2 stone. I didn't feel it until I'd shed almost 4 stone. Though I did notice very soon that my joints and feet didn't hurt in the mornings when I come down stairs.

I'm loving wearing jeans - I haven't worn jeans for years and years. The ASDA bootcuts (£14) make me feel great, cover some cellulite I still have and make me feel long legged. I'm even wearing a belt and it's large, not extra large! I find it funny that elsewhere in Minimins people are disgusted that they've let themsleves get to 16 stone, and I'm thrilled to be in the 16s, feel snake hipped (well almost!) and know I'll be in the 15s in May!

I have got really emotional that I will be able to ride again this summer - in about 4 stone. I haven't ridden a horse since the 1980s.

And I'll play tennis this summer.

And if I want to join the local croquet club, I'll be able to find whites to fit me. I didn't join last summer as I couldn't find white trousers and shirts I felt comfortable in.

I think I'll also get a wetsuit at the end of the summer so I can keep sea swimming through the winter.

Being able to shop in ordinary shops...and seeing clothes in magazines and being able to actually try on those clothes as opposed to an Evans or Anne Harvey or SimplyBe version.

Comfortable feet and being able to wear high heels again.

Not having to ask for a lap belt extension in the plane.

Not being worried a chair will break if I sit on it.

Putting on my socks without having to sit down first. Being able to bend over without a large amount of stomach fat making it difficult to tie the laces of my walking boots.

And not resting on tables, leaning against walls and various other 'propping' up I used to do unconsciously. My Dh asked me to desist as I broke a few things that weren't strong enough. Now I notice, I'm not doing it nearly so much.

Onwards and downwards, lovely Miniminers!

Wearing my size 12 Lipsy Gold Uplift Amazingly Blingy Bikini in Mexico!!! AND my 4 year old calls my 'back fat' mummies back boobies!!! - them going! AND my husband said 8 years ago when we met that his fave part of my body was my flat stomach!!! so being able to 'cloth off' in the bedroom without having to be drunk first lol!!!

WE CAN DO IT !!!!!

Being able to ride my horses again. This is a huge one for me, I miss toddling around with them.Not being in so much pain from my meccano-foot, and having less referred pain from the 'normal' foot.Less back ache.Feeling able to go to the physiotherapist without everything being put down to my weight (which TBH some of it is, but some of these issues I had before from old accidents).I strip off in front of strangers as part of my job, so feeling less vulnerable to judgement by the skinny ones.Not worrying about a bit of belly showing if my vest top/shirt combo lifts up when I'm out & having a bit of a dance.Being able to see my fat-phobic doctor friend (I love her to bits, but I have avoided meeting up with her for the past 18 months as she is so horrid about fat people).Being able to see old friends again - I have avoided those who were the most complimentary when I lost weight before, as I feel they will be equally as disgusted to see me as fat as I have become again. Becoming visible again. It's amazing how much even a little excess weight makes you invisible - I noticed this last time around. Being at less risk of losing my job through failing a fitness test. Not being the biggest person in every group photo.Getting rid of my asthma symptoms.Possibly going back on dating sites once my libido comes back.Feeling able to go to a spa without being looked at like I'm Bubbles DeVere.Fitting back in to my thin jeans and having my killer curvy figure back.I am already LOVING not needing anywhere near as much sleep, it makes life as a shift worker infinitely more tolerable as I no longer feel like a jetlagged zombie 24/7.

Apologies for the funny spacing above, it does that to me when I post on my lunch break at work, sorry!

Oooh, I love these motivational threads :D I haven't come up against any health problems yet, but I do have flat feet which I think must be massively more painful because they have to carry 5 extra stones, and I'd like to be able to wear heels for hours at a time. And I can't help but feeling I'm mostly distinguished by my size, a fat person is never permitted to be described as "blonde and blue-eyed, about this tall", people seem to see your weight first. And I can't wait for the end of that.

AliGal said:
Me too, lilbit. All of the above!

Isn't bit fab...that moment when you realise that this is not another failure, that you really can do this, and that you will be thin!

When we were fat we were conscious of our mass - so that's great, not to have to think strategically about getting from A to B or wear to park - so teh door will open wide enough. At 16 1/2stone, I feel so much more lithe than at 21 1/2 stone. I didn't feel it until I'd shed almost 4 stone. Though I did notice very soon that my joints and feet didn't hurt in the mornings when I come down stairs.

I'm loving wearing jeans - I haven't worn jeans for years and years. The ASDA bootcuts (£14) make me feel great, cover some cellulite I still have and make me feel long legged. I'm even wearing a belt and it's large, not extra large! I find it funny that elsewhere in Minimins people are disgusted that they've let themsleves get to 16 stone, and I'm thrilled to be in the 16s, feel snake hipped (well almost!) and know I'll be in the 15s in May!

I have got really emotional that I will be able to ride again this summer - in about 4 stone. I haven't ridden a horse since the 1980s.

And I'll play tennis this summer.

And if I want to join the local croquet club, I'll be able to find whites to fit me. I didn't join last summer as I couldn't find white trousers and shirts I felt comfortable in.

I think I'll also get a wetsuit at the end of the summer so I can keep sea swimming through the winter.

Being able to shop in ordinary shops...and seeing clothes in magazines and being able to actually try on those clothes as opposed to an Evans or Anne Harvey or SimplyBe version.

Comfortable feet and being able to wear high heels again.

Not having to ask for a lap belt extension in the plane.

Not being worried a chair will break if I sit on it.

Putting on my socks without having to sit down first. Being able to bend over without a large amount of stomach fat making it difficult to tie the laces of my walking boots.

And not resting on tables, leaning against walls and various other 'propping' up I used to do unconsciously. My Dh asked me to desist as I broke a few things that weren't strong enough. Now I notice, I'm not doing it nearly so much.

Onwards and downwards, lovely Miniminers!

Love this post! So glad it's not just me! I too used to ride. Used to compete nationally showing and dressage so am way too excited at the thought of being able to ride again :)

So much to look forward to, no reason to stay fat :D

Laydees, I'm feeling decidedly shame faced!!!! :ashamed0005::ashamed0005::ashamed0005:

Having read your posts now Ive come across as bloody soooo shallow!!!!! lol!!!!!! So I apologise, lol xx I promise Im not!! (well not much lol) xx I was thinking more well shallower lol!! Sorry x

It is a MIGHTY FINE bikini tho lol!!!!!!

Cx

You made me laugh, MidL. I just knew it was a mighty fine bikini. I have to face up to the fact that in my 50s, with my skin being challenged to shrink to cover half the volume it was last year, I will never be in a bikini again. I used to wear them comfortably at size 16 -20 in my teens and 20s. I think I slipped into bathing suits circa size 22. I will however continue to flaunt my cleavage, even if from a smaller base! I don't know how I will find a horse to ride. If I lived where I grew up, I'd be able to ask lots of neighbours and have ride fairly easily. Here, I'm an incomer, and it's a fragmented place, with lots of holiday houses, a few very grand families, some big farmers and lots of people with a scrubby field or two and ponies. I haven't seen any 15h+ horses within a few miles. The nearest stables seems to be pony trekking style, aimed at kids. I know I need to start steady as I haven't ridden regularly for 30 years - but I hate the thought of being one of 6 or 8 out on a hacklw here the ponies just follow the one in front. Ooooh the difficulties of being thin! Roll off the next 4 stone - so I am the right size to go and knock on a few doors.

Last edited:
Ali, you sound just like me lol xx Love it I had a propper giggle at that lol! I just hope that my boobs stay big and dont shrink as I lose the weight! Strangely enough I breastfed both my boys for 6 months and they got bigger with each child lol!!
I have some clothes that I can get away with wearing for a couple of years but it wont be long before Im trawling sites like Simply Be, Marisota and getting pamphlets in the post about bathroom aids and furry foot covers!! LOL!!!
So onwards and downwards with the diet lol!

C x

Visually fitting in with my friends. We've been friends for years, since we were small children. Mentally, we're all on the same page. But physically, they're all super tall (I know I'll never achieve this, lol) blonde, and really skinny. A few of them even do modelling. Of course, they don't make me feel awkward or anything. It'll just be nice not to stick out.

I'm looking forward to not having panic attacks any time I need a new outfit for something at the thought of going shopping and trying clothes on. I'm looking forward to not having old ladies asking when I'm due, even if its with good intentions.

I'm looking forward to looking at wedding dresses knowing I won't have to choose one just because it hides my fat bits!

Rose Bud said:
Visually fitting in with my friends. We've been friends for years, since we were small children. Mentally, we're all on the same page. But physically, they're all super tall (I know I'll never achieve this, lol) blonde, and really skinny. A few of them even do modelling. Of course, they don't make me feel awkward or anything. It'll just be nice not to stick out.
My two best friends aren't just pretty, they're really stand out drop dead gorgeous. Both are obsessed over by guys rather than just fancied and this includes celebrities. I know I'll never get quite there but my god they make me even uglier than I am!

My two best friends aren't just pretty, they're really stand out drop dead gorgeous. Both are obsessed over by guys rather than just fancied and this includes celebrities. I know I'll never get quite there but my god they make me even uglier than I am!

Its such a horrible feeling! I mean, its not like I'm annoyed they get more attention that me. I just don't want to be invisible any more. I just feel so awkward around them when we're out because I can see men drooling over them and I'm just seen as the fat friend!

I can't wait until the only reason I'm not doing something is because I choose not to rather than I physically can't, I'm too busy worrying what others will think, or I have no confidence in myself. I feel like a freak a lot. I want to be able to buy clothes whenever and wherever I want. To eat without feeling like everyones staring and judging. To do all the things I want to sport wise. I second the activity holiday idea :)

I can't wait to go shopping for holidays and be able to buy whatever I like and I can't wait to step onto that beach this summer and feel amazing rather than trying to hide myself with a towel or a kaftan :D

I know this sounds *****y and shallow but I can't wait until I am thinner than my SIL's then my sister as they all seam to have this thing of......well I'm smaller than her! I can't wait for the shoe to be on the other foot..... But I will be gracious about it!

The moment my ex sees me only a few weeks into my journey does a double take and then talks about how much he misses me and how I seem so happy and together. Then texts me to say he is totally in love with me! Oh silly me that was last week!! Men can b so shallow but major ego boost. Looking forward to a few months time when they start falling at my feet so I can feel confident

Fabulous thread. I agree with everything that's already been said above. It's funny, but I never really saw those things as a 'problem' before seeing them listed here. I suppose it's been a gradual adaptation as the weight has been going on, that it's not as though I suddenly started being unable to do things.

I'm from a family of very slim people; my mum and sister are both size 6/8 naturally, dad and brother are both beanpoles. So i'm sick of feeling like the odd one out. I would love to lose the weight to be able to join them on kayaking trips. They always seem to have so much fun on them.

I'd also love to fit in a bit more with my friends and not feel so uncomfortable around them.

Back