Thinking of Slim & save products

Foo Fan

Gold Member
I've done, LT, CWP and exante previously - I've switch from one to the other to save money etc..

What are ur thoughts on the meals ie cottage pie etc?

I've just ordered samples - are the filling?

You really have to try them, but it will seem very different to cd and LT. With a meal pack some veg and fish, you can have a one plan meal, still within vlcd calories. It seems the packs make great sauces for this sort of thing. Let us know what you think when you try them

I've done CD several times and since starting S&S I've been 100% for 15 days now, for me, everything tastes better and the meals make you feel normal, plus with the veg allowance, you can sit down and eat unlike with CD.

Weight loss is the same, a stone a month on average but so far my losses are better as I'm not picking!

I'm on day 12 and have tried both spaghetti's, cottage pie and chilli all of which have been lush!
I have 3 packs a day plus 100g protein and a bit of veg.
It's loads better than CD, and because there's sooooooo much choice I have yet got bored!
Try the samples and let us know how you get on.
Beth x x

I am so excited to start this diet :) x

I personally really enjoy them, they feel more like a meal than the snakes (which i do also enjoy anyway) and theres more to choose from, in LL they only had the chilli then cottage pie just before I quit.

Hiya! You did the right thing ordering samples- everyone has different favourites. I think texture has a lot to do with whether you like the meals or not. If you don't like a certain pack, try experimenting with how much water you use. I like the cottage pie poured over my veg (it doesn't look like cottage pie- you'll see what I mean... Don't let the appearance of it put you off!) and I like the chilli with cauliflower 'rice' or pickled veg!
To start with I was hungry, as I was consuming so much food before starting the diet. The meals look really small but the veg pads it out. After a couple of weeks you'll adjust and won't be hungry all the time. The meals fill me up and I feel satisfied after eating them. This has really taught me the true feeling of being full, which will help when I eat 'real' food again to not overeat.

Still waiting for my samples - but looks like I will be starting S&S from Monday..... I'm used to VLCD but cannot afford CWP at the moment so this is the best option.

Looking to lose around 25lb by Sept.....

Foo Fan said:
Still waiting for my samples - but looks like I will be starting S&S from Monday..... I'm used to VLCD but cannot afford CWP at the moment so this is the best option.

Looking to lose around 25lb by Sept.....

On S&S you can lose an average of 1 stone a month, so 25lb by September should be a breeze! Good luck

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

I've got my samples - so from monday I will finish up my asda shakes and try one SS product a day them will order accordingly the following week...

I've read read the info - have I got this right....

3 items a day - eg 2 shakes and 1bar + 100g chicken + 200g veg + 150ml skimmed milk

This seems like quiet a lot for a VLCD - does anyone just have 3products only (like CD and LT)?

Foo Fan said:
I've got my samples - so from monday I will finish up my asda shakes and try one SS product a day them will order accordingly the following week...

I've read read the info - have I got this right....

3 items a day - eg 2 shakes and 1bar + 100g chicken + 200g veg + 150ml skimmed milk

This seems like quiet a lot for a VLCD - does anyone just have 3products only (like CD and LT)?

You can't just have 3 products-if you have 3, you must have the protein meal, otherwise you could make yourself ill. The veg an milk are optional, I very rarely have them.
Be careful having shakes that are not total meal replacements along side s&s, you really need to follow it properly. Some products are ok to substitute as a occasional thing, but as far as I'm aware the asda ones aren't suitable for a VLCD

Welshtigger said:
You can't just have 3 products-if you have 3, you must have the protein meal, otherwise you could make yourself ill. The veg an milk are optional, I very rarely have them.
Be careful having shakes that are not total meal replacements along side s&s, you really need to follow it properly. Some products are ok to substitute as a occasional thing, but as far as I'm aware the asda ones aren't suitable for a VLCD

I'm just using the asda ones up with an evening meal - only have a couple of days worth, I won't get into ketosis on them but it will hopefully give me a head start.... Don't really want to waist the money I've spent..

Can you have boiled eggs as the protein?

Foo Fan said:
I'm just using the asda ones up with an evening meal - only have a couple of days worth, I won't get into ketosis on them but it will hopefully give me a head start.... Don't really want to waist the money I've spent..

Can you have boiled eggs as the protein?

Ah right ok-just be careful tho, and make sure you're taking a multi vitamin.
Yes you can have 2 boiled eggs as your protein option, or have them as an omelette or something x

Welshtigger said:
Ah right ok-just be careful tho, and make sure you're taking a multi vitamin.
Yes you can have 2 boiled eggs as your protein option, or have them as an omelette or something x

That's good 2 hear :) I take a multi vitamin everyday anyway so I'll keep it up..

Looking forward to restarting- after Saturday I've got no more planned events until holiday in sept so no more excuses!!!

They are smaller than some VLCD packs, cambridge are slightly bigger, but you can do CD SS+ which is still VLCD I believe?
Lighterlife was 4 packs a day and they were tiny, the daily calories was less than 600.
I do 4 packs with S&S the calories range from 120-165 each sachet
I know exante are 200 each so 600cals from 3 sachets! Id rather have 4 smaller ones

beckyR said:
right ok protein u mean what? erh veggies, prawns,fish,chicken?

If you read the FAQ on slim and save it'll explain-you are allowed to substitute 1 pack a day with a set quantity of protein(which will be listed in your pack-but things like chicken, egg) and each day you get your optional Milk and veggies-which again must be taken from an allowed list :) HTH x

Back