Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I'm posting a recipe for you, Tip, on the keto thread. What @ladyfelsham said is right - no crazy - be comfortable.

Ta Ali, will have a look.

Im out for brunch now. Had no breakfast and had some pistachios at my desk. Have just ordered eggs benedict, will try to avoid the muffin

No loss this week

Weighed Friday 13th Sept previous Friday 30th August
Weight 76.2kg was 76.2kg/76.5kg/76.5kg
BMI 33.4 was 33.4/33.6/33.6
Waist 103cm was 104cm/104cm/107cm

Mini goal 1: weight loss over 10%
Mini goal 2: waist below 100cm

So i didnt go with the sucky in knickers yesterday. They do suck in marvellousy the big bum and baggy belly, but the just push it upwards and i got a really bad muffin top on upper abdomen. Trousers did feel a bit tight on my waist driving home. The annoying thing about my humpty dumpty shape is while the waist and belly might be too tight the thighs are already too loose🙄.

Unofficial weigh in is stay the same as yesterday, so still hoping for a loss tomorrow. But not going to hit any target, in fact just fighting to get back to where i was 2 weeks ago.

I had a slice of toast last night after dinner. I had fish and vegetables, i think if i had more fat i wouldnt have wanted the toast.
I can manage breakfast and lunch fine and avoid snacks during the day. But if im tired dinner is harder and tempatation is greater. Ive been working a bit later this week as its busy and i need to build up time. So it makes it difficult to get out for a walk and also fit in a 16 hour fast.
I went to a wedding about 4 years ago, wore a dress (size 18) decided to wear "hold in" knickers, to flatten my stomach a bit, they rolled down most of the day and actually made my stomach look worse, when I saw the photos afterwards I was traumatised, I looked horrendous, it was actually seeing those photos over and over that eventually spurred me on to lose weight, could not bear to look at myself, so the moral of the story is that whilst that underwear can suck parts in, it can also accentuate the fat even more. Had a family wedding about 2 weeks ago, again wore a dress (size 14), no hold ins, nothing and felt so much better for it, felt freer, and felt like I could breathe after the dinner!!! :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Morning all.
Well i feel like i have had a lost weekend, it just seemed ti have sailed by me and ive done nothing.
Well ive done all the laundry, everything ironed and put away. Ive done a bit of cooking. I didnt get any exercise at all, i did take oscar for a walk but thats a long wander jumping in puddles, picking daisies and blackcurrants.
I did some knitting and watched lots of TV. I must have being lying crooked cos while trying to keepy hip rested my back got a bit sore.
I also lost a lot of time on my laptop trying to book a holiday for the new year and sisnt manage to find anything suitable in my price range. I can get a good deal from the hotel i want but cant get a flight.
Ah well, off for a shower and another week at work

Sounds to me like you got loads done - but I know, some weekends can seem quiet if you're mainly doing stuff at home.

Where's the holiday destination?

Was hoping to go to The Canaries for the New Year but just not finding the right holiday at the right price. Now that im at work fulltime going on holiday seems more important. Ive already arranged to take 6 weeks off next Sept/Oct.

Didnt have a great day yesterday foodwise. Breakfast and lunch ok but really wanted something bad for dinner. Ended up with a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, a sausage roll and two slices of fruit cake, total carb fest. Not surprisingly my stomach objected when i went to bed, it just felt so full and stuffed. I felt like gagging every time i turned over in bed. It just shows my stomach and body are adapted to a low carb diet.
Smoothie made for 11am breakfast and lasagne for work lunch, just hope i can stick to them.
Off to work soon, another day of fighting through mountains of paperwork and phonecalls and hoping to come out at the end of the day a little bit ahead. I just feel like im on a hamster wheel most days.
Have a good day.

Some days you've just got to give in to the call of the carb - and it's pretty hard to resist sausage rolls, they would probably be my Desert Island food of choice :).

The Canaries, lovely - you've been there before haven't you? I'm in the process of booking leave too but for staycations, a friend is coming up to stay in November, and a wedding in November too. Also just booked Christmas so I'll have about 10 days off for three days leave woohoo!

Yep, we went in march. I just want some guaranteed sunshine. Being sat in an office all day is really bringing me down, that and almost 2 hours driving each day.

Hey Tipp, sorry have been AWOL - great to see you still doing low carb. I hope you find a good holiday for over new year, I'm looking a fuertaventura for my birthday in Jan.

Hi Clareel, definitely not been low carb this week🙄. But will get back on track Saturday.
Yep my birthday too in Jan and looking at Fuerteventura too.😊

Ok. I need to reign myself in and get back on track.
I did start this morning with a slice of toast with ham. Having my breakfast smoothie now and have my keto friendly lasagne for lunch. And will try to go for a walk in my lunch hour

Hope today is better Tipp, enjoy the weekend!

Morning all. Well i am determined to get my mojo back today and get back on track. I think all the meals in the past 6 days have been bread based and im feeling very bloated and generally ucky. We even git chinese takeaway last night🙄

Anyway, i went out Friday after work to a festival... And it was amazing. I spent the night singing and dancing and jumping around.
And on Saturday my hip was in agony and i couldnt move😂 but it was worth it. It was a celebration of Irish Rock and Sinead O Connor made a special appearance and featured some of Shane McGowans music. It was magical. I got beer poured all over my hair and in my ear, i got trampled on by a very heavy man and think my toe is broken and i danced with the Hari Krishnas while drinking cider...great fun.

Anyway off to work now, talk later.

I saw a bit of that concert on FB! Poor old toe, but otherwise it sounds brilliant :).

Meant to say, I'm trying some new herbal stuff called Devils Claw for my knees - people rave about it on Amazon about knee and hip pain - and it's only day 2 but I swear I can feel an improvement already! Might be worth having a look re your hip?

Ok, getting my mojo back. Just now having my breakfast smoothie and have chicken curry for lunch. Wearing my runners, its very wet out but will try to get out at least to the shops at lunch. I want to buy a pair of leggings.
I did some frugal batch cooking yesterday. I bought some chicken thighs and made a stock. Then used the stock to make chicken and leak soup with a bit of the cooked chicken. Most of the meat went into a curry. The cats gots the skin and the dog got the bones.

Ive now finished my cholesterol medication and have decided not too renew the prescription. And maybe i lost some of my mojo cause i ran out of thyroid meds.

Morning all, well i was good yesterday. Smoothie for breakfast, the curry for lunch and dinner was the chicken and leek soup, half avocado, slice ham and 3 cracottes. That is exactly what i will be having for lunch today. Didnt get for a walk, the rain was very heavy at lunchtime. And i was much too tired when i got home, falling asleep by 8pm.
Looking miserable out again and i have a long days work

Back