Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Hwyat a really stressful time for you Tipperary. I feel a sense of relief for you that your volunteer is away. Seems like it was handy, but more of a hindrance for you, which is not what you need right now. Xxxx

Steroids for 10 weeks anyway so just keeping out of his way. He is just angry at things, not really people but the steroids are clearing his lungs.

Will try the dates and I was also thinking of pureed apple as the nakd bars I like are made with oats apple and date.

I finally got my hair done, lots of it cut off and a nice colour...tempted to weigh in and see how much is gone

Scales changed by 300g but up instead of down. I was a bit crazy Friday and Saturday but had a good day yesterday and have been walking two days in a row.

Trying to figure out a plan and have finally decided on:

No sugar
Reduce/eliminate bread
Strict wine control
Reduce/eliminate animal fats, not strictly vegan but no butter or cheese and a minimal number of eggs. Some chicken or fish.
Whole grain or low carbs.
Lots of veg.
At least 2l water each day
Some exercise each day

...simple as that

Great Mary, things always seem easier when the sun shines.
Just in from a walk, 4.5km in the sun but extremely frosty and icy out so slipped a few times

Oooh be careful with the ice!

Your plan sounds good - although I had to blink a couple of times at your water - I thought it read 21 and thought, blimey that's a lot of water :D. Should have gone to Specsavers...

Went for another walk, feeling a bit strange like I have too much adrenaline rushing around so went out again. Have been knitting a lot the past 3 days and sometimes that makes my heart beat a bit faster so won't do any more this evening.

Found some Maes vegetarian sausages in the freezer. They taste ok , good as a protein source but not a brilliant sausage. Made from soya and not organic so won't get them again. They also have some egg white in them but as that doesn't have fat I'm not too concerned.

Not sure what to have for dinner but have kale and quorn burgers in freezer and courgettes in fridge

Strange you should say that about your heart beating faster while knitting. That has been happening to me over the last few days. Do you know why?

Spring is coming so I know being able to get out on my bike I will get back into it properly.:)

Is it while you are knitting Mary? I put it down to the fact I knit very fast and just seem to get quicker and my heart just.seems to find the rhythm and join it. And I seem to.hold my breath as I get to the end of a row. That and the fact that you are sitting still for a long time...anyway that's what I think. It also happens when I use a sewing machine, i tend to hold my breath more sewing along a seam and my heart speeds up to join the vibrations of the machine.
I felt better after the second walk but still a bit on edge going to bed. I needed a good nights sleep but didn't want to take anything to help it. So I opened YouTube and put on an 8 hour track of "silence music" , amazing stuff. It is calm music but specifically works on the alpha waves that calm your mind. Two minutes of it and I was asleep, anytime I woke up or turned over I would hear it for three seconds and be asleep again. I played this in classrooms with very hyper 7 year olds or very agitated adults and it had always had a calming effect.
Time to get up and make my porridge and weigh in while it is cooking. The scales wasn't good to me yesterday, a 300g increase. I got my hair cut and thought that would help, this leads me to conclude that hair dye is very heavy;)

That silence music sounds amazing, i might give it a go. I'm also trying Epsom salts in a bath this week :).

Heavy dye lolol love it!

Scales was good but needs to continue to be good. I am already 4kg behind my start of year goal and it will be hard to catch up.
I bought two new dresses last Sept in France that I haven't worn yet. I am planning on one for Valentines and one for Easter. We are all hoping to bring husband out for Valentine's to cheer him up, that dress is a tunic style and should be fine with "hide your flabby belly" underwear. The Easter one is the silk shirtwaister that husband said I was "too roundy" for. I need a waist for it but also need to have smaller upper arms so will need to get back swimming.

Just in and had dinner. Darling son cooked and I got steamed potatoes carrots and green beans before he put any butter or cream onto it. They are having steak with theirs. Collected car from garage, it went for a service but thwy found and fixed lots of other things. Going to Limerick tomorrow for baby scan with daughter so I am assuming that means brunch out. Will be OK with eating meat, eggs and fat if I can stay away from sugar...so a fry up rather than a scone. Not sure, will see when we get there
My French Green Tea with rose is almost done. Just looked it up online and if I buy it in bulk it comes in at €180 a kilo....yep €180. There are two shops that may have it in Limerick so will try them.

I haven't had my smoothie yet today and I'm not hungry for it but want to take my supplements, magnesium, B complex, acidopholus, milk thistle and glusosimine. I can't swallow tablets or capsules which is why it all goes into a smoothie.
Hmm will see.

My French Green Tea with rose is almost done. Just looked it up online and if I buy it in bulk it comes in at €180 a kilo....yep €180. There are two shops that may have it in Limerick so will try them.

Crikey, makes it sound worthwhile to get in another trip to France! :). I'm trying Pukka's Matcha teas when I get paid - a woman at work whose skin just glows says she loves them.

Tomorrow - what a lovely day you've got planned! Remind me, is this your daughter's first baby?

Pukka tea is lovely and great value. They have a Match Green Tea with Ginseng which I love and also one with mint and one with lemon as well as Match Green on its own and a three green tea. They have a green tea variety pack but includes one with Wonderberry which i foumd horrible. They have other herbal ones, I like the three mint and they only chamomile tea I will drink is also pukka with vanilla and honey. Darling husband likes there cinnon and liquorice (yes, I have tried a few).

This is baby number two, we already have Oscar, a two year old red headed monster (delight) who loves animals and trains.

Snow was forecast but we rarely get any, I've tried to look out the winter but it is pitch black and can't see anything so don't know if any fell. But I can hear high winds so hope it clears before we go.

I forgot to weigh in before I ate. Well I suppose that means I have to be really strict again today and get a food number tomorrow
Friday is my official day for weigh in but I find if I check in every morning that I stay more in control of it, a bad number then I try harder that day.
Lots of little things to do this week including continuing the volunteers work in the garden if the weather gets a bit warmer.

Hope you've not got much snow and can get out and enjoy your day with your daughter and Oscar.

I'm also a fan of Pukka teas, they are the only ones that seem to taste how they smell :).

No snow thankfully but very cold. It is dry today so no frost. Waiting on daughter now in a hotel drinking mint tea. Brown Thomas did have Kusmi tea but not my rose one. Went to a second hand game store and finally got Wii Fit Zumba 2 for €5. Doesn't have s belt but I hear you can use it in your pocket, worth a try for€5

My gosh Tipp just catching up - what an eventful few days you have had, I hope your husband is calmer soon for all of your sakes. I hope the scan went well for your daughter today, don't worry about being behind target for weight loss this year, I am too - just got to keep going!

I had an "indulgent evening" last night.
Was very tired in Limerick and almost fell asleep waiting on daughter. But I was sort of good eating out, I had two poached eggs on brown toast no butter. Got home about 2pm and though still tired went out for a walk. Husband away working and texted to say he wouldn't be home and son was out too. So I lit the fire (can't do that now with husband around) and went and got takeaway fish and chips an red wine. Plan was for Netflix but Slumdog Millionaire was on C4 at 9pm so decided to watch that. Well I never even got to the middle of Grand Designs on first as I fell asleep on the couch. Ooo it was lovely, asleep on a big couch under a blanket with the fire in front of me.
That explains why I have been awake since 3am.

Back