This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Cocoa bark with cocoa powder is indeed totally induction friendly ;) just get a very low carb cocoa powder, like bourneville or green and blacks. Carbs are really negligible.

Yaaaaaaaaay! I'm so glad to hear that.
Lemon and coconut sounds nice too. Also, look forward to a later phase when can add nuts or seeds. Mmm, toasted almond slivers.

The amount of cocoa powder I use in my recipe is 1/2 a tbsp - which is 0.4g carbs. Less than quite a few spices. I have seen some debate about cocoa but I think really it's only a problem if you're making lots of hot chocolates with tots of cream etc - then it all starts to add up. If its not a trigger food then such a little amount isn't likely to be any problem. I'd have used it on induction - especially if I was doing extended induction.

Oh that's great - never has a yucky taste in the mouth been more welcome :D

The Turkish delight is promising - but go easy on the amount of rose essence :)

Right, I've got that on the rose essence and will go steady.
Am chuffed re the ketosis, was probably a good idea to start Atkins the moment the plane landed. That way I've never really known what symptom had what cause!

Fell asleep during dragons den last night, and had a great sleep through to 0530 when the fidget husband woke me. However, I am feeling great this morning. I am excited about Atkins, just as I was when I started Exante. I'm excited that I'll be getting smaller than I am. I swapped summer and winter clothes yesterday and I'm chuffed with all the clothes I've got, which I've never fitted into and now can!

Have a good Monday, readers. I'm off to work today and looking forward to getting back to that routine too.

Last edited:
Ooh eck, I just tried bark with coconut oil, cream and sweetener. It was a diaster! The cream curdled in the oil, and it didn't freeze. Yuk.

Despite not being hungry, I've cooked a very tasty cheese and mushroom omlette with fried parma ham. That will keep me going until my boiled egg and ham salad at lunchtime. Nom Nom!

Mmmm breakfast sounds lovely.

I wish we had a microwave here so I could make stuff like and heat it up - cold omelette on a rainy day doesn't really hit the spot for me :)

No, cold omlette wouldn't hit the spot!

Another lovely dinner this evening; diced chicken breast cooked in butter with asparagus, green beans, spring onions and parmesan.

I've taken my measurements in inches and seen the damage done whilst on holiday (eek!). Not to worry, I had a fab time and I know the inches will fall off again. They are a great thing to have though, as there will be times ahead where they show movement when the scales don't.
I have felt much better in general today, but have been quite nauseous this evening. Am sure it's just part of the process, and it will get better. Getting some slight stomach twinges, and my chest is incredibly sore so I'm guessing aunt flo isn't too far away.

Last edited:
ladyfelsham said:
Oooh sounds lovely - and what a good girl, eating all your greens :D

Yummy, it certainly was tasty. I love my veggies! It helps when they're cooked in butter, of course!

Good, I really should do some blimmin exercise. I have no excuse whatsoever except laziness. I was going to start pilates at the village hall this evening, but I decided I would be falling asleep by 8.30 as I've been up since 0530 and I had period pains. I will start next Monday, but I probably should use my home weights too. I'll ponder that for a while.
It was lovely to be back at work today. My colleagues said they had missed my happy smiley face!

Back