This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Happy Thursday! Had brie, 4 green olives and ham for breakfast.
The little pooch has been poorly through the night, not eating and has a gurgling tummy. Will keep an eye open, and go to vet if it looks like a stomach infection.

Husband is feeling great, over the Atkins flu and energised so that's the both of us over the worst.

Off to work shortly, then an easy reading weekend ahead whilst Mr is on nights.

So pleased you've got the energy boost stage and that the OH is feeling better too :)

I must admit to having a bit of a spring in my step, despite having just calculated that if the average 10 year old weighs 90 lbs, I am carrying two of them about in extra weight :eek::eek::eek:!

We'll get there Susie, all that weight will drop off.

I've got a but of a headache now, hoping it's pre menstrual. Am having a bouillon to see if that helps.
Have made a raspberry mousse as per New Atkins induction recipes. Made with sf jelly and whipped cream, whipped together. Fingers crossed.

Sounds tasty:)

Morning all, my headache is still there and has been all night. It's something I'm used to, as I have suffered with migraines most of my life. I did have them under control with beta blockers before Bali, but now I need to get it balanced again. It's ok, I'll get there and must remember that totm does send it all off kilter anyway.
So, I've had a gorgeous cheese and mushroom omlette with some baby spinach leaves and a bouillon chaser.

The weather is quite grim here, but I'll be out with the dog later then perhaps aldi to stock up on fresh produce. Later I'm meeting a friend for coffee at the café on the cliffs. The café used to be the old coastguard station, and is really cute inside in a 'east of India' style.

Super excited about the weekend ahead; husband on nights so I'll be having evenings in, snuggled up with the dog and a hot water bottle and watching series 6 of Greys Anatomy!
Meeting my cousin for coffee tomorrow morning, and will have a lovely walk along the cliffs Sunday morning to pick blackberries to freeze. Sounds perfect to me.

Yay thank goodness on the headache, it can be so crippling to have a persistent one. And mm blackberries.

Yes, really debilitating. Like you, I've managed to adapt to life with them in the main (different health concerns, I appreciate). You get to know your limits within the boundaries of your own health,eh? Having said all that, they're pretty much under control these days and I haven't been hospitalised with them for a few years! It'll be even better when I'm fully up and running with low carb, and been keto-adapted for a while.
Yes, can't wait to get the blackberries in!

Dinner for me tonight was ham with low carb cauli and broccoli cheese. Wasn't a huge portion, but I am stuffed. Have had 2 litres water. Damn, forgot the weights this morning, so must do them before bed.

I don't have the cookbook - to be honest hun there are so many lovely recipes online, I don't need a cookbook :)

Also - don't forget the Just Recipes sticky here :D

That's a very good point Susie. The low carb gourmet is one I'm glad I got, even if just for the opportunity to make the pages very dirty and messy whilst cooking!

Husbands first night shift last night for 3 months. Got in at 0715, a large van turned up at 0800 to replace next doors double glazing - would you believe it?!!!
Anyway, I had a nice day watching Greys and having coffee with my cousin. Have had 3 litres water, an omlette for breakfast, some brie when I realised I had missed lunch and will have fry up and salad for tea (Hmmm, it's a compromise).

The husband weighed in today, he's not done induction as not looking to lose weight. He's been roughly pre maintenance, but still lost 2lbs - hurrah, he's happy.
I think AF is imminent, stomach pains, migraines etc so I'll be happy to weigh in next week when it's out of the way.

We've eaten dinner, despite neither of us being hungry. I didn't have lunch because I wasn't hungry, so it was wise to eat this evening.
Had black farmer sausage, fried parma ham, 3 asparagus spears, dessert spoon of spinach, poached egg and mushroom. Afterwards, lemon and lime sf jelly, but couldn't finish it as so full. It was nice, but really I just didn't want it and feel a but nauseous now.
Never mind, I'm cuddling up with the dog again on the sofa this evening.

Last edited:
Back