This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Thanks Katie.

Right, the Exante plan went out of the window yesterday when I started feeling so I'll. I wouldn't have thought it was anything to do with the shakes, but anyway....

Food today

B flax pancakes, cream, sf maple syrup

L raspberries, cream, 1 hard boiled egg

D roast chicken, asparagus, broccoli, cauli mash

I've highlighted my own hair today in an effort to save money. I think it looks pretty good considering I was trying to remember what the hairdresser usually does. If it did turn out ok doing it at home I could save around £700 a year. Probably couldn't do it long term though, I think it's not too good for your hair if you don't know what you're up to!

The things I want to achieve in 2013 are:

Find work to tide me over until starting my new job in June.

Do yoga daily (started yesterday)

Pay off credit card and save for a deposit on a house. We would love to be in by next Christmas. Is that really possible?

Stick with Atkins (no trouble there, it's my woe and I've no interest in feeling awful by eating sugar and carbs). Lose another stone, no desperate hurry.

Last edited:
Yes Susie, it's yummy!

Food today:

B cheese and mushroom omlette
L home made chicken soup
D pizza quiche and homemade coleslaw

Pizza quiche is from the low carb gourmet book, it's one of my most favourite things, hot, cold or reheated:

100g parmesan grated and sprinkled into a buttered Flan dish with half a pack of pre grated mozzarella (not the fresh kind of mozz).

In a processor whizz up 4 eggs, 115g cream cheese, 80ml double cream and another 30g parmesan, 1 clove garlic, salt and pepper. Then pour over the cheese in the Flan dish and bake @ 180° for 30 mins. When cooked spread with tom puree, and add toppings, I like peppered salami, pre sauteed mushrooms or fried parma and top with the left over half of the grated mozzarella, grill until bubbling.

The soup was made from the stock of a chicken after it had been in the slow cooker covered in water overnight. Then I took the chicken off the bones and put to one side. Added sauteed onion, cold cauli mash, sauteed mushrooms, bay, pepper, salt to chicken stock, some double cream and boiled for a while after adding the chicken.

Smiley you are a culinary genius, I never thought of using cauli mash instead of potato to bulk it out!

I am on a mission to make all my own meals without salt and other baddies - so whatever you make, tell me the recipe please :D

Susie, I will. I love having someone to tell about my experimental cooking! You're brave going without salt, I find I definitely need it on this plan.

Morning smiley, soup sounds yummy:)

I found the things that had most impact on blood pressure are dropping weight and drinking far less. I actually eat more salt than previously now!

Hi Katie, yes I find I eat more salt now too. Just eaten soup, it was very yum. Also made meatloaf too, very nice but more salt needed next time.

I'm having one of those pmt days whereby your stomach turns into a bottomless pit. The amount I've put into it is quite obscene, yet I am only just feeling full. I really need to get my Atkins edge back!

B flax pancakes, cream, sf maple

S king cake, tsp low sugar jam, splash single cream

L chicken soup, small slice meatloaf

S frozen black forest fruits whizzed up with cream to make Ice cream

Later dinner Will be aldi venison steak with green beans, followed by pot au chocolat.

Hmmm, that's a whole Lotta food!

Hmmm, I don't know exactly. I pour some in, then blitz. It will be quickly obvious if it's not enough because it won't whizz up and go creamy. I usually do it with double, but you can do it with single. I'm guessing it takes a third to a half a pot for enough to serve two.

Good morning Smiley, Happy New Year xx

Woke up today with the pre period migraine, which comes among every month. It's manageable, which is good.
I can't believe how dark these days are, and am not enjoying having so much time at home. You can't have it all, if I was working I'd be moaning that I don't have enough time off!!

Going into my new work on weds to sort out start dates etc. it's unlikely to be before June, so have started applying for other temporary stuff to tide me over.

Am holding off breakfast until later so that we can have cheese & mushroom omlette with sausages for brunch as Mr wonderful starts work at 2.

Whilst he's at work I'll do more job searches, rosetta stone italian and some cooking.

Have a good day all.

Back