This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Of course you'll be emotionally wiped, it's an awful word to hear even when you know things will be okay - but your husband is super fortunate to have caught it so early. That's the only way to look at things like that really - as luck, even of a really odd kind. Sending all my good wishes to both of you.

I hope the film has taken your mind off it, I'm excited to see it myself.

Of course you'll be emotionally wiped, it's an awful word to hear even when you know things will be okay - but your husband is super fortunate to have caught it so early. That's the only way to look at things like that really - as luck, even of a really odd kind. Sending all my good wishes to both of you.

I hope the film has taken your mind off it, I'm excited to see it myself.

Thanks ml. Annoyingly we left the thing in the ear that wouldn't heal since last June! Why we didn't do anything sooner I've no idea, we're usually quite sensible.

Oh, very trivial q: how do you do your beef casserole?

Well, this time I used a Schwartz beef & ale casserole mix. I did not add the carrots or ale that was on the recipe. However, now that I've put it in mfp I find I'll be spending 9 g carb on the damn thing, so it better be worth it! I always cook my meat on low all day, trying not to open the lid.

I always have cream with my berries, old fruit!
We have discussed the fasting business, and raising cals. We both feel we're happy with what we're doing right now, so we're going to stick with that for now.

Thanks everyone, that's kind. Les Mis is amazing, everyone clapped at the end!

A lot of it was filmed where I work - really don't want to hear "Can you hear the people sing" for a while :D

Really sorry you had a shock re your hubby's skin cancer but Lisa and others are right, it can be treatable really easily and sounds like it was spotted early - but big hugs hun, a nasty shock xxxxx

Old Royal Naval College - we were also right in the middle of the action for Sherlock 2 and the latest Bond - and the elephant in Les Mis was entertaining :)

I did take a few peeky peeks out the window during filming - but alas I think they've edited me out :eek::cry:

But I did see Hugh (yum) and Russell (jowly)

Looking forward to seeing it - but am going to Quartet next week - it's all about music arrggggghhh give me Bridesmaids, now! :)

Would like to know what you think of Quartet. I thought we were going to see the Life of Pi next, but Mr Mine fancies Lincoln, and clearly I'm allowing him whatever he wants at the moment!

Good morning Saturday! Right now I'm feeling grrrrreat. No particular reason, just everything feels better today. I've had a nice leisurely wake up, breakfast, coffee and chat with DH.
The agenda for today is shred, shower, pets at home for a dog coat, walk around the forest and then whatever goes for the rest of the day. Lovely!

Spooky! Mine got a nice green parka style coat, lovely & warm and in the half price sale.

Last edited:
Just made crepes for breakfast having seen a recipe posted recently. They were really easy, just egg, cream and sweetener. Turned out very nicely, slightly eggy tasting, but not enough to put me off. Served with raspberries.

That sounds good - must give them a try sometime:)

My Aunty called this morning to say she's calling in to drop off Christmas presents this afternoon. Haven't seen her for over a year, so that will be nice. Have cleaned house, walked dog, & made chicken, cauli and salami soup. It was to use up the leftovers, but tastes fab, will def make again. Have a almond Swiss roll in the oven baking, to be filled with cream and summer fruits this afternoon. Luckily there will be 4 of us to eat it, not sure I could trust myself if it was just DH and I!!

Back