This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Thanks G, have energy today, have bad ketosis breath too, but I am starving! I just cannot get past the hunger this time round, even 13 days in.

Strange things have been happening in the smiley house these past few Weeks.... Knickers going missing, the dogs toys disappearing, holes around radiator pipes, dog barking in the night & sniffing vents constantly. Called pest control today - we've got rats!!!!! Poison put into cavity under floor, and apparently the family, YES FAMILY, will be dead within a week - eek!

Aside from that, there's good news on the job front for the new year, and I'm now two Weeks into Exante.

That is all for now. Over & out.

Aww I love rats. We often have one living in the compost heap.

Good news about your good news!

Yes, great news, sorry it's so cryptic. It's an awkward one, but I'm sure people will read between the lines when I start in the new year.

Thanks D, yes I'm really happy all round.

I've weighed myself this morning as I was worrying that my hunger might mean I'm not losing. I should not have worried at all, I've lost half a stone in the first two Weeks! Hurrah!!

Well done on all fronts, not so good on the rats, that would give me nightmares I'm afraid, I'll never forget when I was uni, putting a bag of rubbish in the outside bin and a pair of eyes looking at me when I took the lid off the bin! I'm afraid to say I threw that bag of rubbish on the ground and it stayed there all term !!

Hi Sandra, I think I can deal with it because I haven't actually seen one in here. If I did, I would have to go and stay with a friend until they had all gone! We know they're still about because we've bunged the holes with tissue. Each morning the tissue has gone, we know they're still alive. Luckily the husband is on days for the next week, meaning I'm not alone at night time. It's not nice though.

Susie, I think I'm probably more scared of cats than rats!

Not a bad day, all in all. Haven't been hungry at all, which is a real step forward. That, combined with my motivating weigh in, has really given me a boost.

Eeeek! Even rodents know about our twinny-ness!! Be warned, I've got cystitis and you might end up getting that too in true twin fashion...Did you see that I weighed yesterday?

It's because I considered for a fleeting moment that it was possible I wasn't in ketosis, because I was feeling so hungry. On Monday night I ate a packet of ham and some salad, ever since I have felt fine, no hunger etc. The weigh in grounded me again, made me see that all was fine and I'm reinvigorated. It was a decision I made consciously and I'm all the better for it. I can't wait for the next half stone off.

I ordered 3 syrups from low carb mega store today, egg nog, English toffee and Irish cream. This afternoon I got an email from them to say coconut was in stock, so I spoke to the lovely man and he said they found some whilst doing a stock take. He was able to add one to my order, yay! He told me the big order of all flavours is due in mid December.

Also ordered more coconut oil from one click, as it's so much cheaper and I'll put up with the wait. Did the monthly Tesco/aldi shop, phew that's hard work without the DH to lug stuff around.

In other news, I'm wearing my teeny tiny no stretch size 12 Jeans. They've been in a drawer, unworn for 5 years. I'm still not hungry, everything is going fabulously!

Congratulations on the jeans! Fabulous feeling. I got a lovely pair of leggings from label lab which i could have never fitted into before..

It sure does honey! I now actually weigh less than my friend who had overtook me ages ago! She has been gaining a bit while trying to maintain, i actually thought she was miles ahead of me!

I'm more than half way through Exante. It's day 18, with only 16 left to go.
Today we went to Dobbies, and in their cookshop managed to get some mini loaf tins to bake ginger cakes in, and a really nice slate cheese plate. It came with chalk to mark what cheese you have, and some little cheese knives. I can't wait to make up a little cheese board once I'm back on Atkins.
The vlcd is going well, and I'm firmly in K. I'm hoping the little bit of tummy and hip flab that's left, will melt off in the next two Weeks. That'll make me so happy, then I'll find some other bit to complain about!!

I ordered 3 syrups from low carb mega store today, egg nog, English toffee and Irish cream. This afternoon I got an email from them to say coconut was in stock, so I spoke to the lovely man and he said they found some whilst doing a stock take. He was able to add one to my order, yay! He told me the big order of all flavours is due in mid December.

Great news - hope you like the egg nog, perfect for Christmas :)

I'm here, I just felt I had to stop spending spare time on minis and do real stuff sometimes too! Will update later on the last few days.

Back