This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Sorry to hear about your company and job. It's scary out there still.

Oooh alcohol really gets to me on low carb. Cheap date though.

Hope your ok.

Oh big hugs Smiley, that's rotten news about the company, still they might pull through - but always best to have a contingency plan!

Thanks both, unfortunately it's still not looking good for the job. I'm dreading tomorrow, the boss is coming to see me. Just me.

I am officially redundant. I feel relieved, so much uncertainty for so long. At least I know where I am now. Looking forward to having some time between job hunting to sort the jungle of a garden out, and do the spare room up. Maybe my next job could last longer than six months?

Oh sweetie I'm so sorry - but at least, as you say, the uncertainty and hanging on is over and you can think about where to go next xxx

Thanks Susie. Rather enjoying the freedom at the moment, got lots done yesterday - a bit in the garden and getting the lounge finished. I'm really pleased with it.
The weather is hot, rainy, thundery and humid. I must get up from in front of the tv and start the job hunting!

Sorry to hear the awful job news . Like you said you'll get to enjoy some garden time between looking for something better :) the vaniqua cream was offered to me by my doctor but I was scared because it has steroids in that it may go in to my blood system? I've no evidence, my worries are purely based on the fact I like a good worry.

hope your feeling great today?

Hi ladies, the sun is coming out, a friend is coming for lunch, things are looking up.
Goldi - the facial hair was causing me embarrassment, although I didn't realise it contains steroids I think the risk would be worth it. I've got lots more confidence now.

Lol susie, I do try not to of course but never succeed.

Smiley you are probably right, I'd like to not have the embarrassment so maybe steroids are not so bad. Glad to hear its helped you, that gives me hope.

What a great day! I love it when I learn something new and useful. Well, today I learned that Goldi's bulletproof coffee recipe is a fab way to start the day. The fat content contained within held me for the whole day. I had low carb pizza for tea, but really I could have gone without! I was fairly active today too, painting, shopping, walking the dog for an hour and a half. It's also totm and i usually struggle for energy. But I'm feeling great, great, great. Hurrah!

I told you that stuff was amazing, that's why it's called bulletproof, it's not a special name for a coffee or anything it's because it makes you feel bulletproof. You've done well to go all day, wow.. I am usually satisfied for around 4 hours after having my 2 on a morning. It gives me super power energy too, it's great!

lovely to read your post today, you sound like you are on top of the world. Oh and I can not wait to see if the scales have whooshed for you on this stuff :)

Well therein lies the problem - I don't weigh, it'll really bother me if I've put on. I used to weigh every day, but have now gone to the other extreme! I'll let you know when my jeans are loose tho. ...

Oh I hope they get loose for you then :) my fingers are tightly squeezed crossed :)

Thanks G. So, all going well in the smiley house. Spent yesterday painting doors, dh made a lovely cupboard door for the under stairs bit where the meters are. Numerous trips to DIY stores. Made a lovely chicken korma with Cauli rice for tea. Had only needed 2 bulletproof coffees all day again. They didn't hold dh well at all tho, he needed an omelette by lunchtime!
Today my cousin is coming for roast pork lunch, looking forward to that and as a precaution have only had one bp coffee this morning for fear that I wouldn't be able to stuff a roast down otherwise!

Have found the whole redundancy thing has caused me a slight crisis of confidence these past few days. Found it all rather unsettling, and strangely it's brought back all the old feelings regarding being childless. Those had all settled for the past year or so, but now they've come and smacked me in the face again. Feel sorry for dh - all quite sudden and unnerving I expect. It will go again, just the cycle I find I need to go through.

Awe Caroline, I'm sorry to hear your going through a bad cycle at the moment. You shouldn't let the redundancy knock your confidence although I can fully understand the unsettling feeling that would accompany it. I hope it all blows over for you both so you can happily focus on getting the house how you like it without the other hanging over you.

Did you enjoy your roast? :)

I do know exactly how you feel Smiley. I was made redundant last year, took on another role with the same company and have been living with the threat ever since, so 18 months of uncertainty in all! We now have a 'To Let' board up on the building to add to it! They're not letting the whole place just about 3/4 of it. My role could be outsourced but it would be slightly more expensive and they would only get half the service I provide. Just think I should add that no, I'm not a hooker lol.
Chin up xx

Hi there's smiley - hope your in better spirits and having a good day x

Back