Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Did it, same cycle, 49 minutes yesterday and 44 today. I'd say the hills were about the same but I pushed harder on the flat. Definitely spent more time in 6th gear than yesterday.

Excellent..I feel puffed out just reading that:)X

Official weigh in on last day of detox ( which i didn't really keep too)

74.2kg....which is a loss of 2.7kg in 10 days or almost 6lbs

I was hoping for a bit more this morning to take me under the 74kg. If I can hit 72kg by the end of the month I would be very happy

This mornings porridge is ginger, pear and blueberry. Plan for today is I nerd to watch Alaskan Bush people first (guilty pleasure) and then will try a cycle. I think I will take a flatter route today. Then daughter one is coming down to help with some big housework. Its Oscars 2nd birthday soon and we want to sort out bedrooms so his great grandparents can come and stay (Oscar had 4 grandparents and 3 great grandparents). Then we are hoping to go back to her house to finally watch Game of Thrones. Wine will be consumed but I am hoping to have some healthy nibble options.

:0clapper: Fantastic loss Tippy, all your hard work is paying off. Ooo never thought to put ginger in my podger, I'll give it a try tomorrow. I love Alaskan Bush People and don't care that they aren't legit. Is it a new series or re-runs? X

Very first season again from the beginning. I only ever watched it sporadically so good to see it from the start. I agree it may be more set up than real but they ate still showing us outdoor living skills which is what Billy is all about. I'd love to spend a summer with them. I'd also love to spend a summer with Sarah the mother in Meet the Hutterites...I just love how other people live.

Theres cattle mooing very loudly outside my bedroom window

Naughty cows! :)

A great loss hun, and very well deserved, as you really stuck to the detox (for the most part). I love the sound of ginger, pear and blueberry in your porridge too.

Speaking of amazing TV, i watched the 2nd ep of Russia with Simon Reeves the other day, and it was amazing - highly recommended.

Where do you live Tippy? I know you're in Ireland but are you in a village or on a farm? Being a town person I am terrified of cows:D
I'll have to search for The Hutterites & Russia, I love watching how other people live too. I like watching Ben Fogle..and would have loved to been on that programme on Taransay with them all.
Are you seeing Oscar over the weekend? X

Not on a farm but rural surrounded by farms. Wasn't good at all today and just in bed now eating a square of chocolate. But have lots of food made and in the freezer now for the birthday, meringues, sausage rolls, quiches and lentil puffs.

Today's porridge is pear and chocolate. I'm watching "Whitechapel" on Netflix before I go and spend the day clearing out the utility room.
Has anyone any suggestions for TV programmes to watch on Netflix, I'm running out of things to watch.

Not sure if these are on Netflix but I'm loving a NZ murder series called The Brokenwood Mysteries (on Kodi).

There's also The Handmaid's Tale, if you want to be scared stupid about women's rights. I read the book, watched the original film, and the TV series is really excellent - albeit a chilling story!

So in order to save me from myself I have started knitting again, lots to do for Christmas. The idea is that my hands will be too busy in the evening to hold a glass of wine. I have started on a mermaid blanket for daughter 2.

Those mermaid blankets are lush! I'd never have the patience for something as big as that though.
I really liked Whitechapel:) Here's a few others I've enjoyed: River, Safe House, The Widower, Happy Valley, Jericho, Dominion Creek

What a good idea asking fave programmes, I get stuck on things to watch :) X

Finished watching Whitechapel (they are all going mad) and then watched The Wrong Mans. And did my knitting, possibly not the best plan as that took me from 8am to 8pm and the blanket is just over the ankles now(DK so will take a while).
I need to change my attitude to food. Right now it is seen as warmth and comfort, as a social experience, as a way to mark the stages of the day and as a reward. I need to see it purely as fuel.
It would also be easier if I lived alone. I try to buy and cook healthy. Darling husband has a full wine rack in the sitting room and has the kitchen full of cheese and great bread. Then son buys cake and biscuit and sweet things. He buys a cake, eats a slice and then leaves it. Then the next day he gets another one. I HATE waste and really hate throwing food out.
Added to that I am teaching 3 cooking classes a week. 3 students are on SW so I try to keep it healthy but it still means a lot of sampling by me. Then I have 2 students who are very fussy about what they eat and even more difficult is the parents who aren't keen when I introduce new foods or tastes. Last week we made Jamie Oliver's popovers. I had 10 students, one didn't want to taste, one couldn't taste as he is coeliac and only one parent tried them out of the 8 I met.

Is losing weight good grounds for divorce?

Just in from a cycle, a nice 14.5km and now feeling tired. Craving for something warm and savoury, like bovril or miso soup. Off to see what soup we have left

I need to change my attitude to food. Right now it is seen as warmth and comfort, as a social experience, as a way to mark the stages of the day and as a reward. I need to see it purely as fuel.
It would also be easier if I lived alone. I try to buy and cook healthy. Darling husband has a full wine rack in the sitting room and has the kitchen full of cheese and great bread. Then son buys cake and biscuit and sweet things. He buys a cake, eats a slice and then leaves it. Then the next day he gets another one. I HATE waste and really hate throwing food out.

I think we're born to view food as comfort though, aren't we? "Be good and you can have a pudding...".

And I have to say, I don't find it very easy trying to eat healthily on my own - but then I have no self control, as you know :). And I'm the same with food waste, can't bear it - so it makes it doubly difficult, leading to over eating etc.

What about asking your son to have cake, but just not bring it home? Make a bet with him to see if he can do that for a month.

Back