Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Star Trek marathon last night with 4 glasses red wine, lentil crisp and apple tart. Not detox friendly at all...but needed.
Starting work again tomorrow teaching 3 cookery classes a week. First two weeks are eggs and breakfasts. I caught a bit of Jamie Olivers superfoods and quite liked some of the recipes so am asking for the two superfoods books for Christmas.
Darling husband gone with baby to collect daughter at train station so will have no baby tonight and a full nights sleep without wondering will we be woken. Though he has been very good and a 7:30 this morning came into bed with us and sang for about an hour before he wanted to get up.

LOL to the singing, bless him :).

What about doing a less rigid detox? I have a friend who swears by lemon and ACV in warm water every morning - and she's in her 70s but looks more like 55!

What about doing a less rigid detox? I have a friend who swears by lemon and ACV in warm water every morning - and she's in her 70s but looks more like 55!

I was trying to "recover" from holiday excess and kick start weight loss again...but yep, it was too long for me.

Food and wine binge out yesterday again. Watched 3 films in a row on Netflix with a bottle of wine and 2 doorstops of bread with lots of butter and ham. However I did fall asleep then and got lots of rest and didn't have dinner.

A very funny one with Pauline Collins and Joan Collins travelling to France

In January, so approaching fast. Not sure yet what to do. Thinking of going away, darling husband wants to go back to same part of France to see what its like in winter, kids will come to. I want some sun though and think we should head off somewhere for a week ( lack of sun this time away)..

So discussing it yesterday and trying to figure out were to find the sun and talked about Mauritius. We've been there before and it is amazing...but costly. We travelled there in more affluent times. Anyway, darling husband is going to check his air miles and hotel loyalty points and see how far they stretch.

That would be amazing and HUGE motivation. I swore to myself if I ever got to go back I would be fit and would take some scuba lessons there. I did snorkelling the last time but would love to scuba dive.

So another small positive action. I bought a 25l backpack in LIDL yesterday. It has loads of little pockets and tie thingies. When I was working I planned on cycling to work but needed a pack to carry a change of clothes. This would be perfect, and perfect for a day hike.
Just need to get out now.

Yep, that's the problem with January in Northern hemisphere so would need to go south

Just made jamie Oliver's popovers, super easy and lovely to eat. His are listed as 189 cals but I didn't have ham, parmesan or mushrooms and I got 7 instead of 6 so reckon mine easily under 100 cals each.
I added grated raw courgette.

Having dinner now as I'm starving and have a class this evening, baked breaded cos, new potatoes and brocolli. And have soup cooking for this evening. Ribollita....yum

Just made jamie Oliver's popovers, super easy and lovely to eat. His are listed as 189 cals but I didn't have ham, parmesan or mushrooms and I got 7 instead of 6 so reckon mine easily under 100 cals each.
I added grated raw courgette.

Having dinner now as I'm starving and have a class this evening, baked breaded cos, new potatoes and brocolli. And have soup cooking for this evening. Ribollita....yum

Oh the thought of planning a holiday in the sun sounds wonderful :) and definitely a massive incentive to keep focused..mind you, in my view you're very determined to get to target and are doing brilliant :) I'm going to have to investigate what Ribollita is. X

Ribollita is a north Italian soup. It always has beans and green leafy vegetables, after that its regional as to what you put in. Mine had onions, celery, peppers, carrots, tin mixed beans,
Tin tomatoes and chopped savoy cabbage....lots of cabbage. You normally serve it with lots of torn bread in it and it becomes almost like a porridge. I had it without the bread. One bowl last night was plenty and we have loads for today

Happy to report nothing bad was eaten or drank yesterday and I had two walks with a total of 7km
Plan for today was weather dependent, cycle if its dry or swim if its wet. Well its dry so a cycle it is....just a short one though.
I was shopping for my cookery class in ALDI yesterday and they were selling hi viz cycling jackets, so I got one...no excuses now. They had ladies ones in 10, 12 and 14...in bright pink. 16 would have been perfect but not available. So i got a mans one in medium to allow for boob room...and in a better green colour.

Wow,impressed with the distance you walked..I'm seriously lazy! You are an inspiration Tippy, you are so focused on your health & fitness..you certainly are going to be fab at 50 X

Back