Title Change! My Journey!

Lucky

I wish I could get in to exercise but it is something I just do not enjoy. I tried the gym in the past and at one point I was really good about going but I never got the feel good endorphins that people talk about......

Mayfaire

how are the knees? I was thinking of you over the weekend as my youngest managed to fall over twice on the same knee just a few hours apart on Saturday.

It looks so sore but he has been really good about it and says "it all better mummy" when I can see it isn't. Bless he didn't even realise that on Sunday morning when he got up his leg was stiff and he wasn't walking properly. I got him into a warm bath quickly and this morning it seemed fine when he got up, just scabbed!

You have done really well with your weight loss and some ups and downs are going to happen. It is just a case of ignoring them and not feeling unmotivated as we need to carry on or we will end back where we started and none of us want to go back there!

Knees are all healed..Savlon Silver Healing cream....very good!

Another night of AquaFit down and loved it as usual, had a bit of a weekend blow out, (tyvm bottle and a half of pinot grigio it was a blast!), and was sure that the alcohol would have done me in weight wise...but I bit the bullet, weighed in and I've lost 4lbs!

I really felt last week that my mini-goal was never gonna happen on target due to the two weeks of STS'ing...but now, well maybe, JUST maybe I'll manage it!

Really hope your sons knee is feeling better soon, he's sounds much better at dealing with it than I did lmao!

:D

Hey hun how are you getting on? x

Heya!!

Lost another 4lbs this week, which means that although a week late on my mini-goal, I've done it! I've lost exactly 5st since I started in January and I'm down to a straight 19st!!

AquaFit was cancelled last wednesday so I didn't expect to lose this week, normally if I only do one night of it a week I don't, definately not enough for me lol.

Just getting over a horrible cold too..thank you BIL :| so all I've done since about Thursday is sleep, sleep, eat, down Night Nurse, sleep sleep and sleep...

But yay! I did it!

How's everyone else doing?

I've lost exactly 5st since I started in January and I'm down to a straight 19st!!

Oh wow!! :happy036:
That is brilliant going! You must be thrilled to bits with that. It's a nice feeling, isn't it? 5 stones is a hell of a lot of weight to have shifted. You have done brilliantly. Good on ya girl :superwoman:

Wow congrats hun bet you are soo over the moon :D I cant wait to get 5 stones off!! - 9lbs to go! :) x

Well done Mayfaire! Another fabulous loss this week and 5 stone is just fantastic.:D

Ty, ty ty!!

Well, I have about 15st altogether to lose so I'm officially 1/3rd of the way through lol!! I just hope that I can lose another 5st in the next 6 months because I think if I can sit there, next january and say "I've lost 10st", I'll know for sure the weight is never, ever going back on!

Sometimes I do have my down moments where I think abouth how much I've still yet to lose, how it seems like it'll never happen and occasionally that it's probably futile anyway cause I'll just put it all back on...but they're getting a lot fewer and further between now.

I've lost 5st in 6 months....*I* have actually LOST 5st in 6 months! I keep saying it and thinking, wait a minute...me? Miss Size 32 and feeling snug in them? The woman who couldn't walk from car to supermarket door without her back seizing up? Hell, the woman who couldn't even make a cup of tea without her back hurting!

I've not been able to walk into town for years, haven't wanted to either. The Saturday before last though, I did. I walked in and it took me hardly any time, maybe 10minutes. I barely felt out of breath, but I promise I was walking quickly lol! I did get a taxi home but I had heavy shopping that was frozen and it was already scorching, that's SO allowed :p

But I came home and just sat there thinking, omg, I walked into town. I went out in public and I didn't feel even HALF of the shame or fear I usually felt. There were still nerves, still keeping my eyes on the ground more than I should, (mind you with our pavements lol!), but my heart wasn't pounding out my chest any time I came near another human lol.

So, anyway, rambling on... I just basically wanted to say thank you. I know a few might say it's all my doing but, ya know, it's not really. If it wasn't for this site and all of you amazing people I'd have probably given up long ago. I joined here with a half decent loss under my belt already but, I've been lurking for years. I've been watching from the outside and thinking, I wish I could do what they're doing. And every time I feel bad, or freak out that I'm going to have gained weight, I come here because I know each and every one of you have felt the same once in a while.

So again, thank you. Thank you for all of you for being there to inspire me. Thank you all for being there to motivate me and thank you all for being there to congratulate me and say well done.

Last edited:
Ahh Mayfaire, you make me feel proud. Well done on such a great achievement. I hope I'm still hanging on here with you next January and we're both basking in our new found slimness. xx

No MayfairE, thank YOU. You are a real inspiration, do you know that? You are not afraid to show how you really feel, to share with us your ups and downs whereas some of us (i.e. me ;)) daren't in case we look like a bit of a berk.

All of us wemitts have been there, the looking down rather than holding our heads up high, the self doubt and the feelings that we're just kidding ourselves really, we don't deserve to be slim.

I admire your courage and your honesty and whatever hurdles are put in your way you knuckle down and crack on and get over them. You've worked hard and you deserve it all.

Put on 2lbs last night at WI at gym...but I cheated and ate something I knew I shouldn't so I deserved it and am glad it was only 2lbs. Hoping they'll be off by next week!

(Actually thinking its now a TotM deal...which is actually pretty great cause it means that my PCOS is starting to get better maybe!)

Last edited:
Definately a TotM thing, I feel so normal!!

WI tonight at Aquafit and I've lost 7lbs!! So that's -2lbs that I put back on for TotM plus -5lbs on top!! I am so chuffed!!!

Got a week off next week from AquaFit cause my sister cannot afford to go at all, not even to just drop me off, which I'm hoping won't bugger me up too much..bit nervous, I don't like the idea of a week off in case I STS or gain!

Oh well, it's only a week and I'm still SO chuffed at losing 7lbs this week!!!!

well done!! thats fabulous. you're really hurtling towards target!! x

Wow well done hun, 7lbs is fantastic!! :) I would love a 7lb loss to reassure me that all this hard work is paying off! x

i would love ANY loss ;)

Me too :sigh:

i believe in us!!x

And I believe in you too!!

I was astonished this week! It seems the "chicken with brocolli and cauliflower" and Bacardi diet is flipping awesome! ROFL!

I know drinking is naughty but the last time I drunk a lot I lost 8lbs, this time I've drunk I've lost 7lbs.... I may be on to something here ;)

I know drinking is naughty but the last time I drunk a lot I lost 8lbs, this time I've drunk I've lost 7lbs.... I may be on to something here ;)

I think you should investigate this further MayfairE. You could make your fortune by inventing the booze diet! ;)

Back