To tell or not to tell??

cuminz

Hey, I was just wondering what everyone else tells people when they notice that you arent eating etc? I havent told my work, because I don't want them to think I'm on another fad diet that I will fail on. I'm in a diff mindset so I know I am going to do it this time, my family know of course and a few close friends :) Has anyone else kept it quiet too? x

I've told everyone that Im on a Verly Low Calorie Diet and that it is approved by health professionals. If they nose around just tell them that you have spoken to your GP about it and its what he/she has suggested, that way no-one can doubt you or your efforts :p x

Hi Cuminz,

No I wish I had found away because everyone is just waiting for me to fail and my dieting has become a joke. Like u I am determined to succeed this time. We will show them! Good luck and hope u have a good week.
GMC2011

I find that having the soup at lunch time the best as people don't question it, I know from past experience tho that as soon as you start to lose weight the green eyed monsters appear and they start to lecture you on how unhealthy the diet is and tell you that it will all pile back on, I cant wait to prove them all wrong x

xSherrie.Chointellex said:
I've told everyone that Im on a Verly Low Calorie Diet and that it is approved by health professionals. If they nose around just tell them that you have spoken to your GP about it and its what he/she has suggested, that way no-one can doubt you or your efforts :p x

Hi Sherrie,
How long have u been on your diet and how is it going. Its my first day back on Cambridge and feeling positive. Would welcome any advice x

I personally tell everyone .... I find it helps me to stay motivated as i dont want others to have the pleasure of saying ' I told you so ' etc I know people expect me to fail so it helps me to succeed .... its a totally personal thing and there is no best way , tell who you want and tell everyone else to mind their own :)

I don't hide it if asked, but i don't advertise the fact. The only person i try and keep it from is my young son because he doesn't understand why i'm not eating with him at mealtimes and i don't want to put ideas into his head about diets and losing weight and being fat, so i just tell him i'm not hungry so i will eat later. The people that know in my office luckily have been very supportive, as has my husband and family, everyone else can mind their own business ;)

my boyfriend is the only person i've told. a friend of mine knows i'm on a diet but i haven't told her anything more than that. i prefer to just keep it to myself, rather than have people watching me the whole time to see what i eat. etc.

Funnily enough i find the standard response to " go on have one" and i say "no thanks im on a vlcd " that they try and ram it down my neck which really annoys me .
Go on , ones not gonna hurt or you must be starving just have a little bit .
I feel like shouting at ppl ( family are the worst for it) they just don't respect my choices.
So like someone else has already said i think you should have the soup at lunchtime and maybe chop your bar into small peices to chomp on throughout the day.
Good luck x

Back