Today's WI

Ah thanks Caroline, I DO appreciate it.

I didn't mean to sound accusing or anything. I just thought the newer people on here were probably thinking .... 'who is this person and why would we care?' LOL! :) On the other hand I didn't want to just stop posting here if any of us 'oldies' were still around.

Hope you're still doing okay. xx

Nah, I know you were not accusing but I didn't post after your fantastic loss last week.

I do wonder where some of the people have gone - maybe they are busy. I do miss Lochan :( I've given up on the challenge this time round but maybe the next one.

No prob at all!

Laura hasn't been around either :( is she on that holiday they won I wonder?

I may not join another challenge - I'm hoping I'll have well 'finished' (ha ha like you ever do!) before 8 weeks is up. Mind you the way it was this week maybe not!! xx

Oh BTW ..... I've heard about my son now. It was 'just' appendicitis. VERY infected, pus round his hip joints and everywhere apparently. (EEEEEWWWWWW!)- the reason he had so much back pain presumably. The hospital are currently re-evaluating the visiting ban so - fingers crossed. xx

Ooh yuck, ah :( That must be really really painful - hopefully they have managed to give your son's insides a real good clean out and a big dose of antibiotics.

I'm sure you will be able to visit once they get the infection under control.

Thanks Caroline, you're very kind :)

Jonnie (son) has had a couple of bites of food today apparently, but he's still feeling quite bad because - apart from the pain of the surgery he still has a high temperature and is generally feeling rough. They're talking about putting a drain in or re-opening him to 'clear out' the pus again..... Never one to do anything by halves his appendix ruptured as they were removing it.

Still the hardest thing is not being able to see him. Although they are reviewing the situation every day this 'Nora' (?) virus affecting the hospital has apparently spread so it's very doubtful the ban will be lifted. Obviously the worry I have is that he'll pick that up too!! His immune system is already compromised as he's been battling a chest condition (micoplasma infection/pneumonia) for the last 3 months ... but that's another story! Like I said he's never one to do things by halves.

Anyway - sorry to 'vent' :)

I'm surprised at how upsetting I've found it not to be able to see him .... Pathetic or what :( xx

Catching up with threads so hope to see how you're getting on!! :) xx

hi jan, i am interested in your weight loss, just havent been around over the past week as much, well done on your loss so far and i hope your son is feeling better xx

Ah - thanks Louise. I wasn't having a 'go' just didn't want to outstay my welcome if you see what I mean.

My son is home now and on the mend, thank you for your good wishes. It was very sobering to hear that another hour and the outcome could have been very different I can tell you! x

Last edited:
Oh my golly - look at you Jan - you look fantastic !! Well done - I can't believe that I have not posted for a month !! It all went a bit pear shaped at the beginning of the Easter Holidays. However - I am back on track and have returned from Mauritius relaxed and refreshed and raring to go again. I am 3lbs down on where I left off which I am very happy with. Life has been completely mad - we still have mother in law with us and work is unrelenting - no staff, challenging cases etc... But I am back and keen to catch up with all you guys !! I read Angels in my hair whilst I was away - have you read this book Jan ??

Awww thank you Laura! **blush**

Well done you ... 3lbs off and a holiday in there too - I'm impressed!
I wondered what had happened to you I must say - it's been a while. I hope things are calming down a bit.

Was the holiday fabulous???? I'm glad you're relaxed and refreshed, I bet you feel great.

The title of the book doesn't ring a bell but I've read a lot like that so I wouldn't swear I haven't read it. Was it good?

Keep up the good work. xx

The holiday was incredible and I feel truely privileged to have had the opportunity of visiting the island. Somewhere I really thought we would never visit. My 5 year old talks of it all being very posh - and it was !! But not in a horrible way. We all needed it and my DH was right about taking the children, we swam with dolphins, went fishing, glass bottomed boat trips and lots of snorkelling as well as pool time and swimming in the sea. It was truely amazing.... We are relaxed and refreshed and all have connected in away beyond our wildest dreams. But I won't go on as I know I am now a complete holiday bore !!!
Google - Lorna Byrne - Angels in my hair. Having read this I have a deeper understanding of the angel thing............My sister in law gave it to me to take away to read by the pool. Have now passed it on to my ma. brother and sister in law moved in to look after mother in law whilst we were away !

Wow Jan, you look incredible :D So glad your son is on the road to recovery.

Laura - great to see you had a good hols. Swimming with dolphins must have been incredible - sounds so idylic, sigh! :)

well done jan, you look great, i cant wait until i get near my goal, long way to go yet!!

Laura- you lucky thing!! i would love to swim with dolphins, i bet it was awesome!

Thanks all for your kind words!

Laura that holiday sounds fantastic - I'm DEAD jealous - no really I'm soooo glad it all worked out so well and you had the support at home to enable you to relax. I love the sound of that 'connection' you talk about.
I'll definitely look into that book. We're going to see Derek Acorah tonight - not my favourite medium (that's John Edward and we're going to see him in Manchester in September - front row seats!!) but he's on in our local theatre so we thought we'd have a nosey!

But anyway!!

Week 12 result 2.2lbs off .... better than last week anyway!

They didn't seem surprised at the pharmacy - said it's not unusual for it to slow down as you get near to what you should be. According to them I'm now a healthy bmi (at 25.4 .....?) the chart on the wall had 25.5 as the upper limit for healthy for my height ...... As far as I'm concerned I need to lose another 1.6lbs to get to 25 - but anyway they reckon it's likely to slow down because of that.

I've decided just 3 more weeks anyway and whatever I am then I'll refeed for 2 weeks before having a short break away in the middle of June. I've been away once and TFR'd I don't particularly want to do it again, especially so near target! xxxx

WOW Jan you look amazing! Lovin the colar bone look!! :) Only 10 pounds to go! So proud of you and glad your son is on the mend!

Thanks for the lovely comments :)

Jess I lose weight in the MOST peculiar places! I've always had collar bones (?? - go figure!!) I have THE skinniest wrists and ankles **big sigh** - just what I've always wanted ... but the latest ... and you won't believe this - I have a nose stud and now if I press it gently it bashes against the middle of my nose ..... I've lost weight off my bloody NOSE!!!!

For God's sake!!!!

**another big sigh**!!!

Caroline - I don't have a plan as yet apart from doing it 'properly'. I started thinking about it a couple of weeks ago, read a couple of the refeed diaries etc. But I found it made me start to feel dissatisfied and less focussed and want food so I knocked it on the head and refocussed.

I hope to just plan in the last week, at least I'll be able to have something to eat on my birthday :) xx

And yes it HAS gone quick - I have a horrible feeling these last few weeks might drag though! :(

Last edited:
So do we not make you feel hungry? All this talk of DC and all.

Still just three weeks or so to go :) I can't believe it's been three months since you started Lipotrim!

So do we not make you feel hungry? All this talk of DC and all.

Still just three weeks or so to go :) I can't believe it's been three months since you started Lipotrim!

I know it's nuts but it's different somehow ... 'those' people refeeding ;) aren't the same as you who haven't been doing LT ... I sort of left here temporarily - oh I don't know, my brain hurts! It's different anyway :p

I KNOW 3months has flown! These last couple of weeks have been disappointing and I won't be where I want to be when I refeed but I could still lose then - we'll see. xx

well done jan on your weight loss, you look terrific in your photos! (that will be me some day!) lol

Back