Toilet troubles

Mollybloom

Hey guys - I know there's a thread from Nov about this side effect, but wanted to ask specific Q about ketosis-friendly laxatives.

Will those Ducolax tablet things interfere with ketosis or are they ok?
Was on LT briefly ages ago and they said we couldn't even use Fibogel... It may have been a ploy to make me buy their Fibreclear stuff though.

TMI I know, but 2 weeks into Exante and have only 'been' ONCE :-(

Ducolax is definitely a good option. I use the pearls when Im having problems. I also take Fibogel and have had no problems with it either

Thanks Starlight - relief (literally :) ) Have some already as am not the most regular in the world anyway, so this kinda diet really throws me outta wack.

Hope it doesn't effect my being in kt!

Bye bye bloating

Thanks Est!

Best of luck with day one, and the rest if your journey.

Make sure you keep us posted and let us know how you get on!!!

X

I just saw this....am new to the Exante plan, but I would be very wary of stimulant laxatives such as Dulcolax, Senna etc.

You can end up quite dependent on them.

I would suggest psyllum husks would be a better (and gentler!) option.:D

I only notice problem when I do not drink enough water, if I drink less than 3L, I get issues otherwise is fine.

Hey hur575 - unfortunately I'm not so lucky. I drink at least 3litres and get about 30 mins excercise each day, but it has no effect. Small price to pay for all the benefits I guess!

Dulcolax is great as a one off relief but try not to get into the habit as it actually makes your body lazy and it becomes a vicious circle.
The best thing is to get some physillium husk and add it to your shakes each day as it is high fibre and should help keep you regular :D

Frustration- held off for a week to give my body the opportunity to do it's thing, but nada!! So took a ducolax last night (don't plan to make a habit of it, but thanks for the advice guys) and one full day later - STILL NOTHING!!

Come on digestive system - work with me here!!!!!

Re-dosed with ducolax. It thankfully worked, but not sure the stomach cramps and then the physical pain of it (sorry tmi) outweighed the benefits

I keep reading that constipation is a common problem on Exante, but i have been the opposite... It's like being on a high fibre diet all over again :|

I know i'm only on Day 2 so far but is that normal?

I keep reading that constipation is a common problem on Exante, but i have been the opposite... It's like being on a high fibre diet all over again :|

I know i'm only on Day 2 so far but is that normal?

Oooh I remember saying almost the same thing, Im sure the 'not going' will kick in soon enough ;)

--------------------------------------------------------

I use Dulcolax if very necessary, and I also try to have Benefibre, you can get it from boots for around £6, and put it in tea/coffee/water etc daily and its got the fibre needed to keep you relatively regular, sadly I have ran out ...bugger!!

x Nee x said:
Oooh I remember saying almost the same thing, Im sure the 'not going' will kick in soon enough ;)

--------------------------------------------------------

I use Dulcolax if very necessary, and I also try to have Benefibre, you can get it from boots for around £6, and put it in tea/coffee/water etc daily and its got the fibre needed to keep you relatively regular, sadly I have ran out ...bugger!!

Arghhh don't say that! Haha...

Back