Total Solution Exante 2.0

Choc Shake with bits . 9/10, very nice and totally filling
Lemon Yoghurt Bar. 10/10 right up my street and very chewy as I had it in the freezer
Spicy Spag Bol: 9/10, very filling with broccoli and just a shake of cayenne pepper, tasted like a hot n spicy pot noodle.
Veg Soup: 6/10, not as creamy as Exante and needed a heavy dose or curry powder and cayenne to liven it up, still not bad
Mac & Cheese: 6/10 Not my favourite, had it poured over brocc and cauli tasted a little bit like a mac and cheese past n sauce, but only a little bit

Last edited:
Hey LW Ur s&s food sounds absolutely scrumious Sounds as if u Definately made d right decision to order them and I have to say I was amazed with how much u saved with p&p compared to Exante as I sure paid thro d teeth 4 P&p to Ireland!!! Not fair 2 b ripped off!!! D bars sound truly divine;)
Feel 4 u that Ur homesick and SO far away!!! Wow u certainly looked Amazin in dat weddin pic... D dress, Ur hair and make up... U sure r a very pretty princess!! Isn't dat SO nice re Ur bro findin love..... I always say ' TIs better to have loved once than never to have loved at all' as my oldest sis dat moved to d States is dating a Yank.... we r happy out 4 her!! So how is dat assignment comin along????

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey LW Ur s&s food sounds absolutely scrumious Sounds as if u Definately made d right decision to order them and I have to say I was amazed with how much u saved with p&p compared to Exante as I sure paid thro d teeth 4 P&p to Ireland!!! Not fair 2 b ripped off!!! D bars sound truly divine;)
Feel 4 u that Ur homesick and SO far away!!! Wow u certainly looked Amazin in dat weddin pic... D dress, Ur hair and make up... U sure r a very pretty princess!! Isn't dat SO nice re Ur bro findin love..... I always say ' TIs better to have loved once than never to have loved at all' as my oldest sis dat moved to d States is dating a Yank.... we r happy out 4 her!! So how is dat assignment comin along????

Morning shoobs, very pleased for my bro, I love him to bits, he was in Egypt last year when all the trouble kicked off (he teaches outdoor sports), so we had to fly him from there to Abu Dhabi as it wasn't safe, it was really lovely having him here and I really didn't want him to go home...hubs on the other hand was more than keen to drive him to the airport!! hahahahahaha

Very much enjoying the S & S, it really is much easier than the Exante and having a proper dinner is really nice!!

Lemon Yoghurt Bar. 10/10 right up my street and very chewy as I had it in the freezer
Spicy Spag Bol: 9/10, very filling with broccoli and just a shake of cayenne pepper, tasted like a hot n spicy pot noodle.
Veg Soup: 6/10, not as creamy as Exante and needed a heavy dose or curry powder and cayenne to liven it up, still not bad
Mac & Cheese: 6/10 Not my favourite, had it poured over brocc and cauli tasted a little bit like a mac and cheese past n sauce, but only a little bit
Almond Vanillla Bar: 2/10 Yuck not my thing at all, won't be ordering these, put half in the bin, and normally I love anything nutty.

Well campers, I'm having another S & M day !!

I want to try some more flavours before I place a bigger order, so far it's been much nicer and I find the products much more satisfying that Exante. No hunger whatsoever!! Yaayyy. If anything I feel very full, especially after dinner.

Made good progress on the assignment which is 50% done, sent it to my tutor who gave me good feedback and a few pointers, it's a groupwork thing and the rest of the team are really pulling out all the stops to do the research now, I'm actually writing the thing, so it's pretty well under control. Have fallen behind in my other subject but I will catch up on that over my alcohol free weekend! Starting to panic about next year's Uni already, as I had exemptions this year which meant I had only 3 subjects to do instead of 5, have no idea how I will cope with 5, especially if I go back to work...still this is what I get for not bothering my (not so fat) ass when I was younger and now it's caught up with me!! Feeling stressed.

Had a very very bad headache yesterday, really though I was in for a migraine and had to have a lie down in the late afternoon, seems a little better today but still there.

Really hoping that S & S brings better results, we have changed our plans and will be going for a romantic meal on Thursday 03/05 and then out with friends for drinks on the Friday instead of doing brunch, so I have only a few days really left to see if I can get below 14st, I am a bit disappointed I thought I would have made it no problem, but fingers crossed, it might still happen. Unless something dramatic happens, it looks like I am down 2lbs again this week, hardly seeing any movement on the scales at all now.

Still onwards and downwards...have a great day campers !! xxxxxxxxxx

Mornin LW well done gettin dat assignment sent in Bet its a weight off Ur shoulders! Poor u gettin headaches R s&s products lower in calories than Exante or how much cals r u on per day?do u think changing over caused them? Well done losin another 2 lbs Dats brilliant
Check out d ten min Pilates arm sculpting dat Busy busy recommended to me It's on you tube I did it last night wout any weights and boy o boy can I feel my upper arms and shoulder blades today!! No pain no gain
Well time to jump out of bed, stick on my workout gear and face another day WI tomoro Yikes!!!
Collectin bars at half 8 Can't wait How sad am I !!!!
Miles of smiles!!!

Hey shoobs S & S is about the same as exante, you have 4 packs which are smaller each day and can add a bit of skimmed milk and 200g of certain veg. But it's almost the same calories.

Head is lifting off me, can only assume its the changeover to S & S for whatever reason, hope it goes soon.

I saw the pilates thingy on your diary, can you check the link I posted is it the tight one?

I'm not sure I'll be able to do it I have bursitis in both my shoulders due to osteo athritis (thanks for that dad!!) But seriously need work in that area so I'll give it a bash.

Have a good one shoobs you trooper!!

Almond Vanillla Bar: 2/10 Yuck not my thing at all, won't be ordering these, put half in the bin, and normally I love anything nutty.
Sweet Porridge: 4/10 Not my thing, very odd smell, it tasted ok, but the smell was putting me off, dumped half a ton of cinnamon in it to get it finished, won't order any

You know the more I've thought about it, the more I think I'm still not a fan of any of the VLCD programmes.

Why? Because I'm not exactly sure what these diets are all about, one one hand they are clearly very low in calories, on the other hand they appear to rely on a ketogenic state for weight loss. This to me is a bit of a mystery. If I know anything about diets, which I think I do, the whole ethos behind ketosis is to employ an alternative route to burning fat thats not calorie related.

I also find myself wondering how at 60g's of carbs per day ketosis is even possible for some people, it certainly wasn't for me when I was fully on Exante and not subbing a Lipotrim shake each day. The issue with that is that 600 cals a day then just becomes an extreme crash diet rather than a programme, leads to metabolic slow down and loss of lean tissues, we all know that we've all done that and we all know the impact it has on trying to keep the weight off.

I also read with interest that some of the plans indicate that a mild state of ketosis "may" occur, this implies that the diet is not really a ketogenic programme.

I've lost 14lbs in 23 days, it's impressive I'm not complaining, but I have achieved that number and more, on almost any other diet I've been on, the one thing that attracted me to VLCD programmes was the sustained weight loss rather than the initial drop, but I do see from people stats that the weight loss really does slow down, bobbles around a bit, stays the same, then drops again, this sounds like any other diet to me.

Just my thoughts and something I wanted to get off my chest, I am sticking to my challenge and will continue on as planned though!!

Interesting! I'm not sure I'm even really in ketosis. Not like I was whilst following Atkins and all I did then was eat, butter fish meat cream sausage garlic mushroom, cheese onions mayo. I think I was in ketosis then and my loss was incredible! I'm pretty sure my loss on exante is solely down to the calorie deficit. xx

Hey just read up on your diary LW! Just wanted to add my opinion on the diet in .., ketosis isn't mentioned anywhere on the exante leaflet/website it's just a calorie deficit programme that stops you having to make food choices... Where you are bound to lose weight as you are well under your daily calorie allowance! And still getting all your gda's so your body won't become malnutritioned...

From what I've read up about ketosis you must be under 100grams of carbs per day to fall into ketosis... And is just a by product of the diet and not the aim... The appetite suppression of ketosis (if you fall into it) is deffo a positive though :) x

What is Ketosis?

Means that your body is burning fat rapidly because it is using your fat as its main source of energy. Normally our bodies use our food as our primary source of energy. Your body initially uses up its energy reserves of glycogen before starting to burn fats from its fat stores; this process normally begins after 3 – 4 days of the programme. When the glycogen stores are used up, your body will then switch its main energy source to burning your fat. When fat is burned rapidly the body produces a by-product called “ketones” and the person is said to be in ketosis and hunger will be suppressed. If clients want to monitor Ketosis then Ketosis sticks can be purchased from major chemists.

From Exante website so they do imply at the very least that it's a ketogenic diet, hence the reason why everyone on here is obsessed with ketosis

If I thought it was just a low calorie plan I would not have done it, 600cals a day isn't healthy for anyone and would not be an efficient way to lose weight if it was merely based on calorie intake

Hi good morning LW,

I completely agree with your thoughts on the diet. For me it served the purpose of giving me a boost at first. Hope your having a good day x

Interesting! I'm not sure I'm even really in ketosis. Not like I was whilst following Atkins and all I did then was eat, butter fish meat cream sausage garlic mushroom, cheese onions mayo. I think I was in ketosis then and my loss was incredible! I'm pretty sure my loss on exante is solely down to the calorie deficit. xx

Hi Sarah, no I definitely wasn't on 3 Exante products per day, I knew the carbs in the bars were high so I stopped them and replaced with a Lipotrim shake and then got the bad breath, but that was after about 2 weeks of being very hungry indeed!!

I am sensitive to carbs, I already know that, so obviously it's a personal thing, to me. The minute I changed to S & S I had a banging headache, bad breath and wasn't hungry, so generally a lot happier with that!! Well not the bad breath obviously

Okay LW I hadn't come across that .. Thanks for the info... But I'm still sure it's 100grams of carbs per day? And surely if it wasn't keto friendly it wouldn't put that on it's website anyway!? ... Maybe I have no idea... Lol I'm just picking up info from a variety of places... As long as I stick to plan I will lose weight and that's good enough for me! :) x

Hi good morning LW,

I completely agree with your thoughts on the diet. For me it served the purpose of giving me a boost at first. Hope your having a good day x

Yes indeed, it was also a short term thing for me too, hope you are having a lovely atkins day today xx

Yes indeed, it was also a short term thing for me too, hope you are having a lovely atkins day today xx

It's good so far, been feeling very full indeed after exante. Couldnt stomach breakfast as feeling so full from yesterday. You should have a read of the book even if you don't ever consider doing doing it (the diet I mean hehehe). It's a really interesting.

Okay LW I hadn't come across that .. Thanks for the info... But I'm still sure it's 100grams of carbs per day? And surely if it wasn't keto friendly it wouldn't put that on it's website anyway!? ... Maybe I have no idea... Lol I'm just picking up info from a variety of places... As long as I stick to plan I will lose weight and that's good enough for me! :) x

Hi Alana, some people, like me!! are very carb sensitive so won't achieve ketosis on 100g's that why plans like atkins etc recommend 20gs to start and then move up in 5g increments so you can find out what your tolerance is, for me it's around 45g's or so, but hubs can stay in ketosis even after eating a choccie biscuit, which is obviously quite annoying as I sit there with my boiled egg!!

I'd say Exante and the like at around 60g's are going to suit the majority of folks, hence why we see good losses here, but we do also see a lot of people who get very slow losses too and thats what prompted me to look into it and compare my losses on just plain calorie counting to Exnate and there really isn't much difference at this point if any.

Just food for thought, keto friendly food obviously!!

It's good so far, been feeling very full indeed after exante. Couldnt stomach breakfast as feeling so full from yesterday. You should have a read of the book even if you don't ever consider doing doing it (the diet I mean hehehe). It's a really interesting.

Funnily enough I just bought the updated version there a few days ago and was really cheered up to see that they have veggie plans now as I'm just not a big meat eater and thats the one and only reason I don't follow the plan with G, he loves it, it suits him perfectly and he has maintained his weight for years now. I know I sound like I'm probably spouting off a bit today, but I feel there is a bit of misinformation floating around these forums at times. Have to admit the s & S leaves me feeling stuffed and a bit bloated compared to Exante, I'll hobble along now for the next 9 or 10 days and then see what I'm going to do, I bet you have great losses after week 1 of atkins though xxxx

Back