TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Fabulous thread! I'm thankfully doing just fine n' dandy (day 38 of 100%!) but I approve wholeheartedly of the injection of reality you have going on over here. Honestly, patting someone on the head and saying 'there, there' is about as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike. You rock!

Fabulous thread! I'm thankfully doing just fine n' dandy (day 38 of 100%!) but I approve wholeheartedly of the injection of reality you have going on over here. Honestly, patting someone on the head and saying 'there, there' is about as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike. You rock!

nice one Pickle, you rock too, 38 days straight!

fine n dandy people are all very welcome, we need them as much as those seeking a hiding!

I haven't been stern for a while, my favourite was Flump and her silly name, she is rocking

cheers for dropping by sister, welcome anytime and good luck

I am really hoping for someone to come by and say they are addicted to Aero bubbles, that would really set me up for the weekend!

This is my favourite thread on the site so far, and read with great interest. I too am a straight talker, and have had to suffer the consequences of my sharp tongue at times, although I always try to be constructive and only generally offer advice when asked, and usually with the preface 'Do you really want me to tell you the truth'! But saying that, I'm hard on myself, much more so than others. I'm on day 15 of 4 shakes a day VLCD and am not surprised that I'm going strong because I've got tunnel vision when it comes to getting the weight off this time. I remind myself of all the times I've failed in the past and I just don't have the time or inclination this time to mess up. I recently read a great affirmation online which goes 'If you don't have time to do it right this time, when will you have time to do it over' and after so many years (actually, decades) of doing it badly - dieting, that is - I now understand that I don't have all the time in the world to keep doing it over, and over, and over ....... Something's just clicked in my head and I've put plans in place that no-one or nothing is going to prevent me from getting to goal at the earliest opportunity. I've spent a fortune on an excellent, well made and sturdy rebounder, which I deserve as it's going to provide me with a fun but vigorous way of bouncing my flab away; my shakes are all ordered online so I don't have to set foot in a supermarket and be tempted by all the delicious smells and sights of the kind of food - read chocs, desserts, sweets - I've be stuffing in my mouth for decades; I've treated myself to lot's of lovely smellies for the long soaks in the bath I'm going to enjoy whilst listening to soothing, calming music; I'm only surrounding myself with family members and friends who will encourage me in my quest to become the woman I was meant to be, but somehow, long ago, I took a wrong turn and never became. But ... the future is in my own hands and I am the captain of my own ship. NO-ONE is going to stop me reaching my destination and when I get there I'm going to be thrilled that I did it on my own power, cheered on by people who encouraged me along the way with tough love, rather than some 'friends' who continually say 'oh don't worry, you look great as you are'. No I don't. I'm FAT, I'm UNHEALTHY and I'm UNHAPPY with the person I am and the body I have. T E L L M E T H E T R U T H !!!!!!!!!!

This is my favourite thread on the site so far, and read with great interest. I too am a straight talker, and have had to suffer the consequences of my sharp tongue at times, although I always try to be constructive and only generally offer advice when asked, and usually with the preface 'Do you really want me to tell you the truth'! But saying that, I'm hard on myself, much more so than others. I'm on day 15 of 4 shakes a day VLCD and am not surprised that I'm going strong because I've got tunnel vision when it comes to getting the weight off this time. I remind myself of all the times I've failed in the past and I just don't have the time or inclination this time to mess up. I recently read a great affirmation online which goes 'If you don't have time to do it right this time, when will you have time to do it over' and after so many years (actually, decades) of doing it badly - dieting, that is - I now understand that I don't have all the time in the world to keep doing it over, and over, and over ....... Something's just clicked in my head and I've put plans in place that no-one or nothing is going to prevent me from getting to goal at the earliest opportunity. I've spent a fortune on an excellent, well made and sturdy rebounder, which I deserve as it's going to provide me with a fun but vigorous way of bouncing my flab away; my shakes are all ordered online so I don't have to set foot in a supermarket and be tempted by all the delicious smells and sights of the kind of food - read chocs, desserts, sweets - I've be stuffing in my mouth for decades; I've treated myself to lot's of lovely smellies for the long soaks in the bath I'm going to enjoy whilst listening to soothing, calming music; I'm only surrounding myself with family members and friends who will encourage me in my quest to become the woman I was meant to be, but somehow, long ago, I took a wrong turn and never became. But ... the future is in my own hands and I am the captain of my own ship. NO-ONE is going to stop me reaching my destination and when I get there I'm going to be thrilled that I did it on my own power, cheered on by people who encouraged me along the way with tough love, rather than some 'friends' who continually say 'oh don't worry, you look great as you are'. No I don't. I'm FAT, I'm UNHEALTHY and I'm UNHAPPY with the person I am and the body I have. T E L L M E T H E T R U T H !!!!!!!!!!

what a stunning post - you are on a mission sister and I look forward to hearing of your successes

you sound like you totally mean it, the thing clicking in your head is final resolve and that's a great noise

Planning is everything, you are gonna be :superwoman:

that 7st is gonna be carnage, go for it

The truth is that if you are unhappy with the person you are now you'll still be unhappy when that person has a smaller fitter body. The fat is the result of the unhappy person not the cause of her.

My journey is all about sorting out me; with the end result being weight loss rather than weight loss being the solution to it.

what a stunning post - you are on a mission sister and I look forward to hearing of your successes

you sound like you totally mean it, the thing clicking in your head is final resolve and that's a great noise

Planning is everything, you are gonna be :superwoman:

that 7st is gonna be carnage, go for it

Thanks for the positive reply. I won't be updating my weight loss statistics on a regular basis as most people do because I've made arrangements with my GP and surgery nurse to go in on a monthly basis to get my BP and weight recorded but for them NOT to tell me what my weight actually is. The reason is very simple but very important for me and that is that I don't want to once again get caught up in the cycle of being elated/disappointed at my monthly weigh-ins. I recognise that I am an emotional eater, and that means I eat for ALL emotional fluctuations: If I'm happy, I eat, if I'm unhappy, I eat!! So by not knowing my weight I won't be in a position to celebrate or commiserate. I'm just sticking to the diet 100%, following my exercise regime, and keeping myself positive. The weight will come off, and I can already see changes in my body after just 2 weeks. One other really important thing I'm forcing myself to do, and that is to look at myself naked in my full length mirror, from all angles, and on a regular basis. My friends have been really shocked that I've admitted to doing this, because it's not a pretty picture. But, in my mind it's another way of facing reality and I actually have a discussion with the person I see reflected in the mirror and tell her that the image will change for the better, things will improve if I put the work in, and if I need a tummy tuck at the end of my weight loss journey, then I am going to use the remainder of my savings to go to Prague and get one done. It will be a present to myself and one I absolutely deserve. I've even done the research and got a clinic chosen! So, I'm not waiting for others to tell me the hard truth, I force myself to acknowledge it on a daily basis, and it's this honesty that I'm showing myself that will keep me focused and get me to goal. Here's wishing the same to everyone going through the same thing. The very best of luck to us all.

The truth is that if you are unhappy with the person you are now you'll still be unhappy when that person has a smaller fitter body. The fat is the result of the unhappy person not the cause of her.

My journey is all about sorting out me; with the end result being weight loss rather than weight loss being the solution to it.

Tranquility: I SO agree with your post above. It is very much my understanding that I'm not unhappy because I'm fat, I'm fat because I'm unhappy. I'm having sessions with an excellent counsellor at the moment, and it is because of these sessions that I'm able to peel back all the layers of who I am and why I've come to the stage in my life where I'm ready to let go of the past and move on. I've wasted enough years and the future is mine. That's why it's important that you've made the distinction. Everything is falling into place for me now because I'm finally READY to move on, and I owe it to myself to take whatever help is in place to finally be happy. And for sure, a happy me will be a slim and healthy me. It will all slot into place. I know it.

Hi Rod...

I am here to confess. I met up with one of my best mates of all time today for a day out in London... We haven't seen eachother in a year. The damage? 2 lattes, 2 pints of cider, grab bag of salt and vinegar crisps, chocolate raisins and a chicken wrap. Not the end of the universe, but I have just had a midnight snack of 3 slices of bread, thick butter and corned beef. Please help me stop and get straight asap!

Hi Rod...

I am here to confess.

I'll join you. You've lost the same amount of weight as me and I've also just had a binge- lots of wine, bread and an Easter egg! had a great evening but I don't want to have a gain. Got to reign it in and get back on plan for the next weigh in. Fingers crossed I can make it a loss rather than a gain! Possible?

ahhh not sure how i got onto this link, think it was random clicking as im crap at forums haha. just what i need though! happy accident! ive just rejoined, im doing SW after doing every diet possible , liquids only the works, lost quite a bit but now its stopped and im sick of people telling me 'oh youve already done well you should be happy with what you lost already' arghhh its not enough i need a kick! xx

wow your weightloss is pretty amazing indeed :) I also joined SW after doing loads of other diets and giving up on them. SW seems sustainable to me. Weight is coming off slowly but I've decided that as long as it's going down I'll be happy with that.

ahhh not sure how i got onto this link, think it was random clicking as im crap at forums haha. just what i need though! happy accident! ive just rejoined, im doing SW after doing every diet possible , liquids only the works, lost quite a bit but now its stopped and im sick of people telling me 'oh youve already done well you should be happy with what you lost already' arghhh its not enough i need a kick! xx

Oh my goodness, Joeysox, you truly are an inspiration, you've lost an incredible amount of weight, and it's taken you a lot of hard work and determination to do it. You now need to dig deep and find the final surge you need to get off the remaining 3st 10lbs. Regardless of others telling you that you should be happy with the weight you've already lost, YOU know you want to finish the job and get to your goal of 9st 9ibs. However, you may get to 11st, or 10st and find you are happy at that weight. The point is that ony you will know when your body feels right. You deserve a huge pat on the back for what you've achieved so far, and if you've got the grit to lose nearly 12st (JEEZ!!!!) then you can do the rest. Perhaps keeping photos of your old self strategically placed where you are forced to look at them constantly will be the incentive you need to keep you extra motivated? I know that when I can one day look back at current photos of me it will make me feel sad for the unhappiness I see in my own face. You've somehow go to find it in yourself to get going again, but only YOU can do that. All I can say to you is that your amazing weight loss so far has given me an extra determination in my own battle to lose weight. Best of luck to you, and once again, well done.

omg lol ive no idea what im doing i dont use forums often i tried to reply to you abigail but its not showing my end! so il repeat it lol
it took years to lose it and im pleased i have but i keep making a mess of it, its disheartening after losing so much but still having a long way to go i need a kick up the bum the last one i did was a liquid diet but i couldnt exercise on it and it drove me mad i need my exercise! i crack up without it! so im hoping SW will work for me as i love cooking and have 2 kids so its a good one for the family to eat too! xxx

Posting on here to subscribe x
No tough love needed at moment but love your straight talking...

Have a good day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am so in need of this!!!! I have just had maybe 2 weeks of being half on and half off the Sw plan, and I have defo gained a few pounds, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning. I NEED to get back on plan, and I need to get this last stone off, my head wasn't in the right place but I'm on it like a car bonnet as of tomorrow morning! Someone tell me to get a grip and give me some tough love!

I thought I had it hard, I've only lost 3st and people are telling me that's enough! At 6-1" I appear I can carry 17st (clothed)

You haven't lost enough cos your mind knows the truth Joeysox, don't listen to anyone but yourself. I refuse to listen to those that say "enough" - you know when it's right, it's your body!

The final run must be the hardest because you are getting near to the image of yourself you had in mind at the outset

Look yourself up n down full length NAKED in the mirror every day and decide if the doubts are worth all that hard work

Yep, I doubt it too.........

I am so in need of this!!!! I have just had maybe 2 weeks of being half on and half off the Sw plan, and I have defo gained a few pounds, I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning. I NEED to get back on plan, and I need to get this last stone off, my head wasn't in the right place but I'm on it like a car bonnet as of tomorrow morning! Someone tell me to get a grip and give me some tough love!

Sarahaa, oh boy are you in trouble! 10lbs to go and plenty of time to do it

Step away from the the bad stuff!

And why tomorrow morning? Why not NOW?

Weekend bullsh!t just gets in the way, the only thing I wanna see is weight loss week in and week out until the 10th July

You must stay on plan at the weekend. Alcohol is off the menu for 6 weeks! If I can do it you can do it. We'll go dry together, I've had 12 units in 14 weeks, so it can be done

Finally - get out and exercise, walking will do and I don't wanna hear nonsense about "half-on, half-off" your plan, you get ALL on and get on NOW!

OK SOLDIER?????????

NOW!!!!!!

Hi Rod...

I am here to confess. I met up with one of my best mates of all time today for a day out in London... We haven't seen eachother in a year. The damage? 2 lattes, 2 pints of cider, grab bag of salt and vinegar crisps, chocolate raisins and a chicken wrap. Not the end of the universe, but I have just had a midnight snack of 3 slices of bread, thick butter and corned beef. Please help me stop and get straight asap!

honesty will get you everywhere

assess the calorific content of that lot and aim to exercise it's equivalent off WHILST BACK ON PLAN

this way you will be back at pre-bender weight double quick and feel smiley and virtuous!

you can get straight back on without too much hassle and well done for confessing

You need to continue to be good or face the music in a few days LIsaJade, the hardest thing is now getting back on the jazz

GET BACK ON THE JAZZ SISTER OR YOU IN TROUBLE!

I'll join you. You've lost the same amount of weight as me and I've also just had a binge- lots of wine, bread and an Easter egg! had a great evening but I don't want to have a gain. Got to reign it in and get back on plan for the next weigh in. Fingers crossed I can make it a loss rather than a gain! Possible?

why you binge? Binge is a disgusting word and a very bad habit!!

Even when I binged in the bad old days, I used to block it out

Binge should be the equivalent of the c-word

you are a total useless binge sounds great to me!!

good luck, but fingers crossed don't burn enough calories, it's staying on plan and taking to the pavement that'll do it....

So it's possible, but if you don't kick yourself in the posterior you GAIN!

oh yuk, that's a worse word than binge!!!!!

Back