Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Happy weekend all! Hope you are having a good one.

Just sat waiting for my hair appointment. I get a head massage too- a lovely way to celebrate hitting 1 1/2 stone last week!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Pub last night and I drank slimline tonic whilst OH downed 4.5 pints. I got up this morning and walked to the gym, walked home, then walked with OH and two dogs for 12 miles in 3.5 hours in the sunshine along the glorious country lanes of Shropshire. I have two very tired dogs and the humans are feeling it too. Tomorrow we are gardening and Monday painting the fence if the weather holds. Loving the summer hols :) I'm going to fit in the gym and a run or long walk every day now. Did I mention I'm going to climb Snowdon next Saturday? Never done it before and I hear it calling me!

Pub last night and I drank slimline tonic whilst OH downed 4.5 pints. I got up this morning and walked to the gym, walked home, then walked with OH and two dogs for 12 miles in 3.5 hours in the sunshine along the glorious country lanes of Shropshire. I have two very tired dogs and the humans are feeling it too. Tomorrow we are gardening and Monday painting the fence if the weather holds. Loving the summer hols :) I'm going to fit in the gym and a run or long walk every day now. Did I mention I'm going to climb Snowdon next Saturday? Never done it before and I hear it calling me!

My summer holiday starts on Wednesday! Got loads of walking planned :)

slimmersally said:

Wow go you!!!

Oooh lovely, I ADORE Snowdon, it's my favorite mountain. I was up there in May - which trail are you doing?

Llanberis - I've read this is a good choice for fair-weather walkers. Would you agree Bonnie? I'll take advice from anyone! Do you want to join us? :)

Llanberis - I've read this is a good choice for fair-weather walkers. Would you agree Bonnie? I'll take advice from anyone! Do you want to join us? :)

Funnily enough that is the only one I haven't done - but I did walk a little way up it to the most amazing tea shop in the country - if you can save some Syns for a slice of Barra Brith on the way down, you will be glad you did! And in another life, I guzzled their hot chocolate, which is actually melted chocolate. And the owner is really friendly and lovely.

Ahem...anyway, I hear Llanberis is nice and walkable without any scree scrambling or rough sections, and it certainly looks like the prettiest. Very jealous, if I wasn't at a festival at the weekend, I would be up there like a shot!

Morning peeps

After a naughty day yesterday (see TL) I am back on it. Just going to get the kids in the twin pram and go for a picnic. It's a trek and very hilly which is a great workout and I'm going to get a shapers meal to take after weighing in at boots. I've even got my legs out today. They're very white!!! Lol. I need to get re focused this week before I creep fully into the 11s again. I'll be back later and more motivated I promise ;)

What's for tea everyone?

As I got a bit lazy with meal planning etc last week (hence the pizza!) I have decided I am going to be all organised this week. Tonight, I have decided I am having broad bean and bacon salad. All syn free, fat trimmed bacon, podded broad beans, nice crisp leuttice and some sweet new potatoes, with a garlic vinigarette. Mmmmmmmm. *goats cheese would be good with it in an ideal world*.

Anyone else having anything tasty for tea??

I am!! I bought some jerk chicken from a little hut in the park outside my office. The guy who cooks it is Jamaican through and through (knee length dreadlocks, beanie hat, Jamaican flags etc) and he is SO popular with everyone round this area so I thought I would give it a try. So we are sparking up the BBQ on to warm them through and cook some steaks too - topped off with loads of salad.

I am!! I bought some jerk chicken from a little hut in the park outside my office. The guy who cooks it is Jamaican through and through (knee length dreadlocks, beanie hat, Jamaican flags etc) and he is SO popular with everyone round this area so I thought I would give it a try. So we are sparking up the BBQ on to warm them through and cook some steaks too - topped off with loads of salad.

Mmmm I love jerk chicken. Sounds great. If you go to the trouble to make something tasty, it doesn't seem to matter that it is low fat, does it?

I know! My bf has been on at me to bring some home for ages so as the sun is out I thought I would treat him!

Here is a pic;

image-894812438.jpg

It's a tiny little hut lol but smells lovely! And I had to queue for about half an hour for it which I am taking as a good sign!

Jerk sauce is a Jamaican sauce that is typically used to favour chicken. It's a sort of hot barbecue type flavour and it's really yummy!! They eat it with 'rice and peas' (which ate actually kidney beams lol)

Im not sure of the syn value or calories but I won't have to syn anything except the sauce Si not unhealthy either :)!

sparty said:
Jerk sauce is a Jamaican sauce that is typically used to favour chicken. It's a sort of hot barbecue type flavour and it's really yummy!! They eat it with 'rice and peas' (which ate actually kidney beams lol)

Im not sure of the syn value or calories but I won't have to syn anything except the sauce Si not unhealthy either :)!

It cud be syn free if he doesnt use oil in the flavouring :)

Back