Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Ah cheers Sparty. Probably wouldn't like then - at least that's what I'll tell myself!

Oh no sue they r well nice i love salt and vinegar ones and cheese and onion yum yum

Emma turns evil! I haven't tried them either Sue and I'm sure they're overrated!!

Happy Hump Day all! Only 2 more days to the weekend!

Had a first good day of my holiday. The flat is clean and I went for a lovely walk and a swim. The walk could have been longer but it was 34c and ridiculously humid -_- Still stayed out for an hour mind you! And here's a couple of photos- one of where I was walking and one of yours truly on the walk! :D (If Rod get's to show of his bass, I get to show off my sunglasses! Also you can see my collar bone which is v. exciting for me, haha)

SAM_0161.jpgSAM_0159.jpg

Then this afternoon I went for a swim. I almost backed out. I'm a bit of a creature of habit and I was really nervous because of going an hour or so earlier than normal but I got in there. An old Korean man asked me to coffee next week, an old lady gave me swimming lessons and I ran in to THREE of my students. I think they were more embarassed than I was. I managed 35 lengths today- 21 swimming, 8 kickboarding and 6 running. My aim is to eventually swim 40 lengths but I'm taking it slowly.

Oh and I've not weighed since Monday. Trying to stop obessing about what I weigh all week and just do it once a week. Hoping to keep it up :)

Had a first good day of my holiday. The flat is clean and I went for a lovely walk and a swim. The walk could have been longer but it was 34c and ridiculously humid -_- Still stayed out for an hour mind you! And here's a couple of photos- one of where I was walking and one of yours truly on the walk! :D (If Rod get's to show of his bass, I get to show off my sunglasses! Also you can see my collar bone which is v. exciting for me, haha)

View attachment 57859View attachment 57860

Then this afternoon I went for a swim. I almost backed out. I'm a bit of a creature of habit and I was really nervous because of going an hour or so earlier than normal but I got in there. An old Korean man asked me to coffee next week, an old lady gave me swimming lessons and I ran in to THREE of my students. I think they were more embarassed than I was. I managed 35 lengths today- 21 swimming, 8 kickboarding and 6 running. My aim is to eventually swim 40 lengths but I'm taking it slowly.

Oh and I've not weighed since Monday. Trying to stop obessing about what I weigh all week and just do it once a week. Hoping to keep it up :)

well done you!! was just looking at your stats and thought minis had calculated your bmi wrong until i noticed yur height! wow im jealous, id love to be really tall. my hubby is 6.5 and im such a short ass next to him hahaha

well done you!! was just looking at your stats and thought minis had calculated your bmi wrong until i noticed yur height! wow im jealous, id love to be really tall. my hubby is 6.5 and im such a short ass next to him hahaha

Yep, I'm ridiculously tall!! My brother (and two cousins and an Uncle) are 6'7!! But I'm the tallest girl in the family.

It has it good sides and down sides- I can see everything, I can reach things and my legs are really long but it has two downsides- heels and men! I feel totally conspicuous wearing heels and finding men who a) aren't intimidated by my height or b) who are taller than me is a bit of a pain. My ex was a couple of issues shorter than me and even though he never said anything I know it was an issue for him.

And at 5'5 and 5'6 it could be worse Lou- my friend is 5'2 and her boyfriend is 6'6! When he walks he has to slope his shoulder so he can hold her hand, haha! :D

Yep, I'm ridiculously tall!! My brother (and two cousins and an Uncle) are 6'7!! But I'm the tallest girl in the family.

It has it good sides and down sides- I can see everything, I can reach things and my legs are really long but it has two downsides- heels and men! I feel totally conspicuous wearing heels and finding men who a) aren't intimidated by my height or b) who are taller than me is a bit of a pain. My ex was a couple of issues shorter than me and even though he never said anything I know it was an issue for him.

And at 5'5 and 5'6 it could be worse Lou- my friend is 5'2 and her boyfriend is 6'6! When he walks he has to slope his shoulder so he can hold her hand, haha! :D

hahaha thats funny, bet he gets neck ache kissing!!! when i was younger i was always taller than everyone and they predicted my height for when i was older and i was supposed to be over 6 foot hahaha...i started smoking at 12 and didnt grow all that much more, im sure i was destined to be taller...im a tall person trapped in a short persons body haha mind you i say im short, im taller than most of my friends, maybe my perception of short is distorted with going out with a giant haha

I am pretty good at keeping my stats straight on here, but i've had so little sleep this week I'm thinking I'm hallucinating

I must have been 16-1 when I left, I weighed yesterday morning and I was 16-0, I told y'all I STS, but it appears I actually lost a pound in Ireland

can anyone remember if I was 16-0 when I left - I can't, but whatever, I am now!!

won't be long, into the 15's......

"right, calorie cycling is basically alternating low cal days of 1000-1200 with higher days of say 1800-2000, it apparently boostys metabolism, but i think it also increases your risk of binge and purge..i kind of do this but weouldnt do alternate days of 2000, personally i think thats too many even with the low days, i do however aim for 1200, but allow myself upto 1600 a couple of times a week, and on a weekend if i go out ill perhaps have one 2000 day...which still shouldnt be too much to cause a gain. your bmi is low, you dont have a lot to lose i would aim for 1200 most days then maybe a couple of days say one on a weekend have 1600 cals....see how you get on. you need to register with my fitness pal as its the easiest way to track cals, and if you have an iphone or android phone that has apps you can download it on your phone which is all i use tbh...you can scan items, input exercise, or search their database for items, check the amounts and away you go. easy peasy. i dont eat my exercise cals though as i think this completely defeats the object of exercising...also mfp tends to eb a bit over generous with how many cals you burn, its not reliable"

I've moved this over Lou as its a bit chatty. I am signed up to MFP so will start using it again. I guess it's just a bit tricky until you get used to it?! Eg I made some stuffed peppers and brough one with salad for lunch so do I pick a generic one from the list or try to work put cals for each ingredient?!

I agree bout exercise cals - I'm going to ignore then and jump for joy that I have burned some!!

Rod the Bass said:
I am pretty good at keeping my stats straight on here, but i've had so little sleep this week I'm thinking I'm hallucinating

I must have been 16-1 when I left, I weighed yesterday morning and I was 16-0, I told y'all I STS, but it appears I actually lost a pound in Ireland

can anyone remember if I was 16-0 when I left - I can't, but whatever, I am now!!

won't be long, into the 15's......

I think you were 16-1 rod. Nice work ;) how did u manage food wise? Did the hotel do take out?

View attachment 57859View attachment 57860

Nicely done FL, especially in the heat. More of the same please! And nice collarbone. I get the same thirill about my elbows!

16-1 as I recall Rod, so well done. Why the suprise -have you been up to something you shouldn't while you were away that you wanna confess?

sparty said:
"right, calorie cycling is basically alternating low cal days of 1000-1200 with higher days of say 1800-2000, it apparently boostys metabolism, but i think it also increases your risk of binge and purge..i kind of do this but weouldnt do alternate days of 2000, personally i think thats too many even with the low days, i do however aim for 1200, but allow myself upto 1600 a couple of times a week, and on a weekend if i go out ill perhaps have one 2000 day...which still shouldnt be too much to cause a gain. your bmi is low, you dont have a lot to lose i would aim for 1200 most days then maybe a couple of days say one on a weekend have 1600 cals....see how you get on. you need to register with my fitness pal as its the easiest way to track cals, and if you have an iphone or android phone that has apps you can download it on your phone which is all i use tbh...you can scan items, input exercise, or search their database for items, check the amounts and away you go. easy peasy. i dont eat my exercise cals though as i think this completely defeats the object of exercising...also mfp tends to eb a bit over generous with how many cals you burn, its not reliable"

I've moved this over Lou as its a bit chatty. I am signed up to MFP so will start using it again. I guess it's just a bit tricky until you get used to it?! Eg I made some stuffed peppers and brough one with salad for lunch so do I pick a generic one from the list or try to work put cals for each ingredient?!

I agree bout exercise cals - I'm going to ignore then and jump for joy that I have burned some!!

Thanks Sparty. Put all the ingredients in for your peppers seperate, you'll have to guess at amounts for inside but if you remember that a flat tablespoon is 15g it should give you a rough guide, not everything is based on weights which makes it easier, like tomatoes it gives you calories per cherry tomato, per half onion, per pepper etc etc. I don't weigh much stuff tbh, if I buy a pack of chicken breasts and there's 3 in the pack, I'll take the pack
Total cals then just divide by 3 but make sure I have the smallest breast so I'm defo not going over. I find it 500 times easier than Sw, I can't lose track
Of syns, there's no guesstimating syns etc. I'm addicted to it. I don't think I'll ever go back to Sw now or anything else for that matter

Good job on the loss Rod! I am sure you will have lost more by Friday!

They do look very funny kissing Lou. My friends and I do like to take the mick though!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Just wondering what we all make of this: Obese 25st woman who weighs more than DOUBLE her 11st boyfriend is told lose weight - or you'll be dead by 40 | Mail Online

The tough lover in me does wonder when she says 'I have tried Sliming World, Weight Watchers and diet pills, but none of them work' whether she really tried. I mean, nobody particularly likes being on a diet, but if you are TL minded, you just get on with it. Is it just a lack of willpower here or something we don't understand?

Thoughts please!?

I really think that people who reach that weight and maintain 'nothing works' have emotional issues which manifest themselves as food issues and which leads them to make excuses. Sadly, nothing gets fixed until people admit they have a problem!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

I'm flipping lucky I stopped at 24½ stone just after my 40th! Otherwise I'd be dead, apparently!

Back