Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

My boyf has been doing the alternate day fasting (he chose to have lunch as his meal on the dd) and has lost 11lbs in 2 weeks! Amazing.

I know Lou, tell me about it. But it isn't half making him grouchy on the down days! I don't know what is worse, the paunch or the attitude!

I have realised something today...fat free yogs are the work of the devil. I recon 'free' yogs on SW are the reason most people find it hard to shed the weight. I haven't had any in the house for a fortnight, as I ran out and haven't got round to buying some more. I usually have a massive stock of mullerlight or similar and had at least one a day. They are about 88 cals a pop. In two weeks, that is 1232 calories, which amounts to a days worth (and that is one a day). I don't miss them now, only ate them out of habit. After dinner I now have a cup of tea instead. I recon that might account for my large loss last week, because other than that I didn't change anything else.

So if anyone is plateauing, I recon kicking the mullerlights might be a way to go!

I know Lou, tell me about it. But it isn't half making him grouchy on the down days! I don't know what is worse, the paunch or the attitude!

I have realised something today...fat free yogs are the work of the devil. I recon 'free' yogs on SW are the reason most people find it hard to shed the weight. I haven't had any in the house for a fortnight, as I ran out and haven't got round to buying some more. I usually have a massive stock of mullerlight or similar and had at least one a day. They are about 88 cals a pop. In two weeks, that is 1232 calories, which amounts to a days worth (and that is one a day). I don't miss them now, only ate them out of habit. After dinner I now have a cup of tea instead. I recon that might account for my large loss last week, because other than that I didn't change anything else.

So if anyone is plateauing, I recon kicking the mullerlights might be a way to go!

yep i agree...i cut out bananas and muller lights as they are 'free' but quite high in cals and easy to get through quite a lot of them, oyud be better with strawbs or melon for your sweet tooth craving. or have a bloody freddo theyre lower in cals lol.

im just about to have salad for my tea ON AN UP DAY...but i did have 2 honey cakes at my friends tut tut.....DD tomorrow, i quite like them bonnie, tell your partner to hang on in there they get easier.

I'm with Lou - def calls for a visit to the docs!

My problem lately is bites - mozzies LOVE me and I have started reacting quite badly to them. To the extent that I keep having to have antibiotics to take the swelling and redness down.

This holiday my shins have taken the brunt of it so I am hobbling along in a VERY unladylike fashion!! It's really painful to put weight on my legs now so I'll be off to the docs when I get back. Humph!!!

sparty said:
I'm with Lou - def calls for a visit to the docs!

My problem lately is bites - mozzies LOVE me and I have started reacting quite badly to them. To the extent that I keep having to have antibiotics to take the swelling and redness down.

This holiday my shins have taken the brunt of it so I am hobbling along in a VERY unladylike fashion!! It's really painful to put weight on my legs now so I'll be off to the docs when I get back. Humph!!!

Oh that sounds awful. I don't get bitten I'm
Quite lucky but my 2 year old gets savaged by ants when in the garden so I reckon she'll be one to watch when we go away.

I can't decide what to have for tea. Have some low cal fishcakes and mushy peas, and thinking of whipping up some ff coleslaw to go with it, but then that hairy bikers recipe for a low cal taco shell sounds good too.

Thought I would throw it out to the bassers - what are you having for tea for a tasty friday night without the cals??

WW Crustless Veggie Quiche (mmmnnnn tis lovely) and a mahoosive mound of salad followed by strawberries. Yum.

Morning Bassers - had fish and chips last night cause I really fancied them. Eaten by 7.30pm, raging diarroeh (sp??) at 1.30am. I feel like I've been repeatedly punched in the stomach. Think I might give them a miss in the future! Wonder if they had time to put any fat on my ass before exiting into the pan?! :D :sick0019:

Cat Lover Sue said:
Morning Bassers - had fish and chips last night cause I really fancied them. Eaten by 7.30pm, raging diarroeh (sp??) at 1.30am. I feel like I've been repeatedly punched in the stomach. Think I might give them a miss in the future! Wonder if they had time to put any fat on my ass before exiting into the pan?! :D :sick0019:

Haha that will teach you!!! It gives my
Mum a dodgy tum too but she does have crohns.

Hope you drank plenty of water afterwards!

I haven't had Fish and Chips in over a year, since I left the UK. The chips don't really appeal but I'd quite like a fish cake!
It's weird- food I really used to fancy I now don't. The Indians back home are so oily, I don't really want them. I'd much rather have a home-made Tikka Masala.

Anyway, right now I'm in the middle of a Typhoon! Walked to work and got soaked. Hope I burned some extra calories trying to keep my Umbrella up!

Back