Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Ok bassers, I need some advice......

Reading faery's post up in HQ has got me thinking (and its * week so I am a bit philosophical anyways atm) and I think I need a kick up the bum.....it's a bit chatty so didn't feel like I should post in the main thread.

I feel like all my motivation has gone. I was really bang on it up to my holiday and then I made a decision to let go of my diet and enjoy my holiday. I found that I was still making healthy choices with what to eat and didn't take advantage of the fact that I didn't have to count my syns etc.....I really feel that I made the right decision as my bf and I are not getting away abroad together this year and I just wanted to relax. So my food was still mainly good with a few treats, but I did drink a lot more than usual. Not binge drinking but I did have a few lunchtime ciders in the beer garden soaking up the sun. And thats fine because i was away.

The problem is that I got back over the bank holiday weekend and didn't have any food in the house - or money to buy any fresh fruit and veg so I basically had to make do with what I had in - although this wasnt unhealthy it was a lot of carbs without being balanced by fruit and veg. I also had more treats than I should have (and if I am honest - more than I even had on hols)

So even though I have managed to drop most of the lbs I gained - I just feel a bit lost the last day or so. I have been shopping now and bought veg and meat/fish - I have planned my meals for the week and have everything in I could possibly need. But I just feel a bit like i am just going through the motions and i dont feel like i am trying hard enough to get back in to a positive place where I want to smash that target to bits (like sue has done - you would think it would spur me on to be the second basser to reach goal but strangely it hasnt even th ough I think sue is amazing for what she has achieved.)

Another reason I am worrying is that I have a hospital appt on friday and I am likely to have to have a little procedure done (although i am praying not). Anyway chances are I wont be that lucky and its gonna hurt I'm sure.....but thats not it. The thing is that if I DO have this procedure, I am not allowed to exercise for 4 weeks. So that puts a stop to boot camp. They say no strenuous exercise so this def counts boot camp but other than walking when i can i dont know what other exercise i can do that wouldnt cause me pain. anyone got any ideas? Is C25k a bit too much to try do you think? im worried that not doing exercise will land me in bother...

Someone please give me some perspective before I start undoing the good work.

sparty said:

Reading faery's post up in HQ has got me thinking (and its * week so I am a bit philosophical anyways atm) and I think I need a kick up the bum.....it's a bit chatty so didn't feel like I should post in the main thread.

I feel like all my motivation has gone. I was really bang on it up to my holiday and then I made a decision to let go of my diet and enjoy my holiday. I found that I was still making healthy choices with what to eat and didn't take advantage of the fact that I didn't have to count my syns etc.....I really feel that I made the right decision as my bf and I are not getting away abroad together this year and I just wanted to relax. So my food was still mainly good with a few treats, but I did drink a lot more than usual. Not binge drinking but I did have a few lunchtime ciders in the beer garden soaking up the sun. And thats fine because i was away.

The problem is that I got back over the bank holiday weekend and didn't have any food in the house - or money to buy any fresh fruit and veg so I basically had to make do with what I had in - although this wasnt unhealthy it was a lot of carbs without being balanced by fruit and veg. I also had more treats than I should have (and if I am honest - more than I even had on hols)

So even though I have managed to drop most of the lbs I gained - I just feel a bit lost the last day or so. I have been shopping now and bought veg and meat/fish - I have planned my meals for the week and have everything in I could possibly need. But I just feel a bit like i am just going through the motions and i dont feel like i am trying hard enough to get back in to a positive place where I want to smash that target to bits (like sue has done - you would think it would spur me on to be the second basser to reach goal but strangely it hasnt even th ough I think sue is amazing for what she has achieved.)

Another reason I am worrying is that I have a hospital appt on friday and I am likely to have to have a little procedure done (although i am praying not). Anyway chances are I wont be that lucky and its gonna hurt I'm sure.....but thats not it. The thing is that if I DO have this procedure, I am not allowed to exercise for 4 weeks. So that puts a stop to boot camp. They say no strenuous exercise so this def counts boot camp but other than walking when i can i dont know what other exercise i can do that wouldnt cause me pain. anyone got any ideas? Is C25k a bit too much to try do you think? im worried that not doing exercise will land me in bother...

Oh that could have been me writing that. My mad month in July sent me spiralling off course and whilst I haven't gained and have actually manged to drop the tiniest amount I know that the 2 months I've been titting about I could have been near goal by now. I tried being ultra strict but my
Head wasn't in it, I've a lot going on at home and I just didn't have the drive to do it, nor the will power, no one can give you the strength it has to come from you, you have to want it so bad you can taste it, if you don't it will be hard. It becomes easy when we're focused. Spend a day on you, non food related, and have a good think about where you want to go from here. Take it a day at a time, and I've found one good day boosts your morale which leads to another good day and it gets easier and easier. So your human, you have a life and haven't been able to
Commit to your plan, what you do now matters, give up or accept this is a rough patch that will pass and keep fighting. On the exercise front, walking is a brilliant exercise, even if that's all you can do, just walk for an hour each day, years ago I went from 11.7 to 9.7 in 6 weeks by walking and cutting back, I didn't follow a diet and I didn't do it consciously, walking is brilliant and as effective as any exercise

Lou's absolutely right, walking is great exercise. I have an office bound job & sit on my bum all day but I take the dog out for a trek across the fields for at least an hour every evening & since cutting my food intake down & eating better foods I've lost just over a stone in 8 weeks.

Get ur walking boots on sparty & head for the nearest park/field :)

I gained so i cant come in!

Oops! It was your holiday Rod - I am slightly suspicious of folk who don't gain on their hols! What was the damage? Hope you had a fab time by the way. :)

Oops! It was your holiday Rod - I am slightly suspicious of folk who don't gain on their hols! What was the damage? Hope you had a fab time by the way. :)

creep in whispering "Spartys watching"

I gained 4lb, thats now 3lb...so it's not a pit of misery

I gotta go, see you upstairs Sue!!

heehee

Hey Sparty,

Your ticker has been going backwards and forwards for ages now. You are SO close - 2lbs away. On an amazing week, you could clear that. OK, so the exercise thing is a setback, but you really need to set a date, and commit once and for all. Now your mini break is over, you have loads of good food in the house, you can knock this on the head. You can walk instead of boot camp, you can drink shed loads of water and not snack. It will happen, whether you are stressing about it or not, if you just follow the rules and suck it up.

But look at it this way - you have obviously learned something from all of this, you made healthy choices while you were away, is that something you would have done six months ago?

It would be brilliant to see another basser cross the line. Stop fannying around for this last leg, and get on with it - don't use the lack of bootcamp as an excuse!

Just come on to have a scream

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Hubby's on couch after huge row, not happy today. But I resisted eating rubbish.

Well at least you dealt with it in an appropriate way. These things happen and based on the reasons I read in the other thread, I totally understand. Being put on the spot and forced to do something you don't agree with it always really annoying.

I hope a good night's sleep makes you feel better and get some exercise in tomorrow to perk yourself up!

my bf frequently falls asleep on the couch because he is too pig headed to admit he is tired and go to bed!

I hate it (mainly because it makes me wake up at about 4am to go and switch the tv off, switch the lights off, lock the patio door etc etc etc)

If I ever sent him to sleep on the couch he would know he was in BIIIIIG trouble!!!

Rod the Bass said:
men don't mind being on the couch

it's like camping

;)

Haha not our couch it's a corner one with individual seats and isn't nice to lay on. I didn't make him sleep on couch he just said he was to keep the dog company in case she got upset. She's gone now anyway and hopefully after my tantrum I won't be asked to dog sit anymore. I love this dog and I would have her in a shot, but realistically for me at home all day with 2 little ones it's too much and I don't agree with having pets you can't look after properly. Just spoke to hubby and he's now in a mood with ME???! Love to know what I've done like. I actually don't understand men at all

Men are very good at counter moods in my experience

only ones that arent happy cos they arent allowed to go fishing

I only get moody if I spend too long indoors!

I caught 63 bass on sunday, going again tomorrow!!

no need to be moody, just find the right hobby

and let each other do it!

Last edited:
Back