Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

thanks guys :) i am slightly worried about the hours tbh, and living on like 4 hours sleep :( i not sure how thats gonna work i love my sleep! lol but we r sooo skint atm, not really got a choice. i am looking forward to it though, i wanted to be a nurse, and i did got o college to do an access to nursing course, but my littlest one decided to be born a little early and very poorly so i never got to finish it, and when i went for my uni interview (at 27 weeks pregnant! lol) they did say to me that even though they cannot discriminate against young mums, they are concerned for people with kids under 5, as uni work cannot be top of their priorities and at the time i had 8 year old, 3 year old, 1 year old and pregnant with my 4th, so i dont think it went in my favour lol! and i had decided that i will try again once kids are older and at school etc, so this job works out pretty well, its experience in the right job, and the manager said that if i do still want to pursue a nursing career they can do that for me, once im ready :) so yeh mega happy!! :)

loolahoop said:
thanks guys :) i am slightly worried about the hours tbh, and living on like 4 hours sleep :( i not sure how thats gonna work i love my sleep! lol but we r sooo skint atm, not really got a choice. i am looking forward to it though, i wanted to be a nurse, and i did got o college to do an access to nursing course, but my littlest one decided to be born a little early and very poorly so i never got to finish it, and when i went for my uni interview (at 27 weeks pregnant! lol) they did say to me that even though they cannot discriminate against young mums, they are concerned for people with kids under 5, as uni work cannot be top of their priorities and at the time i had 8 year old, 3 year old, 1 year old and pregnant with my 4th, so i dont think it went in my favour lol! and i had decided that i will try again once kids are older and at school etc, so this job works out pretty well, its experience in the right job, and the manager said that if i do still want to pursue a nursing career they can do that for me, once im ready :) so yeh mega happy!! :)

That's how I got into it I was doing an access course, my eldest was 3 though and I had to stop it half way through as I was a single parent and it was too much work so you did the right thing waiting especially with having 4 kids. It's heavy going. Plus care work will give you an idea on whether or not it's for you and also will be a great experience for you to add to your cv when you go to do nursing. It proves your serious xx

wow lou just realised ur goal weight is now 9st!? has it always been that? lol ur gonna be TEENY lol! every1 keeps telling me my goal of 9st 6lb is too much...even though i keep telling them its perfectly within a healthy BMI! Lol

Huge congrats on the job Loola! Just remember that since you will be sleeping less that it's even more important to eat healthily and exercise to ensure that you get quality sleep when you do sleep and to keep your energy levels even! :)

Catloversue - how goes the maintaining?

Hi Sparty - it goes well thanks. Have stayed at 2lbs under goal weight for 5 weeks now. Ideally I would like to lose a couple more pounds within the next few weeks and then I will know my buffer is properly in place (so to speak). But I'm finding it ok. Cutting loose at the weekends, within reason, and staying on the old set routine plan Mon-Fri. Seems to be alright at the moment. Thanks for asking. :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi Sparty - it goes well thanks. Have stayed at 2lbs under goal weight for 5 weeks now. Ideally I would like to lose a couple more pounds within the next few weeks and then I will know my buffer is properly in place (so to speak). But I'm finding it ok. Cutting loose at the weekends, within reason, and staying on the old set routine plan Mon-Fri. Seems to be alright at the moment. Thanks for asking. :)

Well done xx

ok, so having a few clothing issues! as in nothing bloody fits lol this is one f the reasons i wanted to loose weight, all of my clothes were too small, nw they r all too big!! lol obviously this is a good thing, but also with my exercise i been doing, (only the C25K and 30DS) my newish jogging pants things and my new sports bra (only had them a couple of weeks) are too big :( just doing 30DS and i have jiggle in the boobage area and my pants fell down! so glad no1 here to see it lol but still kinda gutted...but in a good way too, spose im just gutted that im too skint to replace any of it! and my sports bra cost me £35 :( lol
sorry bit random lol just needed to whinge somewhere lol but...other than that all good! :) really hoping for another loss tomorrow! :) X

ok, so having a few clothing issues! as in nothing bloody fits lol this is one f the reasons i wanted to loose weight, all of my clothes were too small, nw they r all too big!! lol obviously this is a good thing, but also with my exercise i been doing, (only the C25K and 30DS) my newish jogging pants things and my new sports bra (only had them a couple of weeks) are too big :( just doing 30DS and i have jiggle in the boobage area and my pants fell down! so glad no1 here to see it lol but still kinda gutted...but in a good way too, spose im just gutted that im too skint to replace any of it! and my sports bra cost me £35 :( lol
sorry bit random lol just needed to whinge somewhere lol but...other than that all good! :) really hoping for another loss tomorrow! :) X

Hey Loola! I totally hear you on this- NOTHING fits me properly right now and rather than not being able to afford it, I'm 6,000 miles away from shops which cater for my height and size. It's always nice being reminded that however much weight I lose I'll always be fat by Korean Standards! ;)

Anyway, my plan for when I head home is to hit up the Charity Shops. Lots of ladies on here I have seen do that rather than buying new and you might be able to fetch some real bargains. I know money is tight, but it might help in the long run.

And in the meantime... belts. So many belts...

Faery could you order stuff online? Seems horrible that you can't buy yourself something new to celebrate a drop in size. Do any clothes shops ship internationally?

Oooooh and loola - try eBay! I've bought some great things on there for a couple of pounds! (and I've just sold my broken washing machine for £35!!!!)

Faery could you order stuff online? Seems horrible that you can't buy yourself something new to celebrate a drop in size. Do any clothes shops ship internationally?

Yeah, I do it sometimes. It's just a bit of a pain with the shipping though I did manage to get some new jeans from Dorothy Perkins when they did an offer on free worldwide shipping for 48 hours. Still, I want to be able to try stuff on. Going to go nuts in the shops when I get home :D

Yeah, I do it sometimes. It's just a bit of a pain with the shipping though I did manage to get some new jeans from Dorothy Perkins when they did an offer on free worldwide shipping for 48 hours. Still, I want to be able to try stuff on. Going to go nuts in the shops when I get home :D

Know that feeling! I'm only in Germany so a trip home occasionally is more likely but I really struggle to find clothes here. I'm a 12/14 at the moment and all the jeans are cut for tall, skinny people! I struggle to get into the biggest sizes most of the time which is thoroughly depressing!

The main problem I have with ordering things off the internet is that it's so expensive to send things back. I've bought two pairs of trousers that don't quite fit and I probably wouldn't have bought if I'd tried them in store but it's not worth sending them back because the postage would be nearly as much as they cost in the first place!

Know that feeling! I'm only in Germany so a trip home occasionally is more likely but I really struggle to find clothes here. I'm a 12/14 at the moment and all the jeans are cut for tall, skinny people! I struggle to get into the biggest sizes most of the time which is thoroughly depressing!

The main problem I have with ordering things off the internet is that it's so expensive to send things back. I've bought two pairs of trousers that don't quite fit and I probably wouldn't have bought if I'd tried them in store but it's not worth sending them back because the postage would be nearly as much as they cost in the first place!

Agreed! I've got two shirts that I ordered way back when which didn't fit then and definitely don't fit now! Ah well, we can just look forward to shopping at home!

Back