Travelling

Emmzi

I am on a weekend away next weekend, and about to hit a run of overnight stays at work.

Obviously I won't have a microwave! Now protein I cn sort of cope with by asking for eg a small mushroom omlette + steamed green veg. (Am veggie).

Has anyone tried making the food packs with no micro or stove? I may experiment later, just wondering!

I travel all the time for work and get around this by having a soup or a shake using the kettle in my hotel room and taking a hand blender with me - works well. I dont actually eat the veg or protein, just 3 packs a day so it is no hassle although I do miss having the spag bol, chilli or cottage pie so if you manage to make them successfully without a microwave, let me know.
Cheers

Whenever I travel I just take shakes and bars. You only need water and a shaker then to make up the shakes. Not very exciting I know but it is practical.

ah well. I may have an experiment with a thermos, that works ok for things like beanfeast soy. I guess a stick blender is easy to carry tho.

It's pretty like beanfeast isn't it so maybe it would work the same way? Let us know how it turns out as it's always good to have options :). I think I'd probably abandon the mealpack and go for a side salad and some sliced chicken to be honest (or in your case sliced quorn or something from the supermarket, or even a poached egg). Or I'd have salad and one of the soups.

Just had a chilli in a beaker thermos. Schoolgirl error then putting it onto freezing lettuce out the fridge! As was toasty coming out.

1. Pre heat thermos for 10 mins
2. boil kettle again so water is scorching. Add a wee splash less than if you were micro-ing it
3. Mix very well and leave for 10 mins

Chilli was ok, not as yum as the other meals. Not nearly spicy enough!

Back