TTfans diary and lessons learned

Last night was pretty exciting, I went to the lake to go swimming and I wore a... TANKINI! woo-hoo! Maybe this time next year I *might* have the confidence to try a bikini.

Last night was pretty exciting, I went to the lake to go swimming and I wore a... TANKINI! woo-hoo! Maybe this time next year I *might* have the confidence to try a bikini.

Wow, that is such a big thing. Well done. Skimpy bikinis, here you come :D

So last night I was out for tapas, not my fav food but still very nice and I managed not to gorge myself - being with people I don't know very well definitely helped, you can't rush in and pour all the food onto your plate in polite company! Had a naughty slice of chocolate cake afterwards, but MFP put me as only 50 calories over for the day, so that's not too bad, although I'm never sure how much to trust MFP.

So yesterday I was doing my usual ultra slow wake up rountine when my hand brushed across a hard lump at the base of my breast, I woke up like a shot and hit the OH across the head to instruct him to have a look and give his opinion. So I lie there while he fiddles around and keeps mumbling about not feeling anything, until he gets this funny look across his face and says "here, you mean here right?" putting his finger on the lump, I reply "yes, of course I mean there, the hard lumpy bit" (or something equally as ungracious), to which he says, "but it's not a lump, it's your rib"!!!!! Sometimes I am the stupidist person alive. I guess the moral of that story is that I am still not used to being able to feel my ribs!

Last edited:
So last night I was out for tapas, not my fav food but still very nice and I managed not to gorge myself - being with people I don't know very well definitely helped, you can't rush in and pour all the food onto your plate in polite company! Had a naughty slice of chocolate cake afterwards, but MFP put me as only 50 calories over for the day, so that's not too bad, although I'm never sure how much to trust MFP.

So yesterday I was doing my usual ultra slow wake up rountine when my hand brushed across a hard lump at the base of my breast, I woke up like a shot and hit the OH across the head to instruct him to have a look and give his opinion. So I lie there while he fiddles around and keeps mumbling about not feeling anything, until he gets this funny look across his face and says "here, you mean here right?" putting his finger on the lump, I reply "yes, of course I mean there, the hard lumpy bit" (or something equally as ungracious), to which he says, "but Linda, it's not a lump, it's your rib"!!!!! Sometimes I am the stupidist person alive. I guess the moral of that story is that I am still not used to being able to feel my ribs!

:8855: I can't stop laughing. It's the sort of thing I will do. Nice one though hun. x

Hahaha that is adorable :D

Hey all, I hope you're all well and had a good weekend. I had a naughty weekend food wise, went out for texmex for a friends birthday on Friday night (this is going to sound really awful, but does anyone else really resent it when a friend suggests a meal out and it's not your fav? Like, stop wasting my calories on things I don't like! I'm such an ungracious and mean friend! lol!), then we had some friends over for a chili and games night on Sat and I ate waaaayyyyy too many tortillas. But on the positive side, I did loads of exercise over the weekend (run, dance and a long hike) and I managed to resist eating ice cream yesterday, and when the OH suggested a pizza last night I got up and immediately started cooking pasta so I couldn't be tempted (he suggested it as he was getting in the shower after the hike, and came out of the shower to find me standing there with 2 bowls of pasta - the look of disappointment on his face was very sad! Poor boy, how he suffers for my diet).

So I have 2 NSVs which have really really boosted me again. NSV no. 1 is that I ran further on Friday than I have managed before. NSV no. 2 is that I always used to get this wierd energy crash thing where I'd be happily going about my daily business and suddenly I'd have a massive energy crash and be almost in a trance state and have to sit down for about an hour, and then I'd feel fine again. I was thinking about this on Saturday and realised that the last time I remember having one was before Christmas - a definite sign of the health benefits of healthy eating and weightloss :)

This mornings weigh in showed a slight loss despite my naughty eating at the weekend, so I am finally back on the wagon and feeling good about the diet again.

Great NSVs! Also, I totally get what you mean about eating out! It's like let me use it on something worth it!

went out for texmex for a friends birthday on Friday night (this is going to sound really awful, but does anyone else really resent it when a friend suggests a meal out and it's not your fav? Like, stop wasting my calories on things I don't like! I'm such an ungracious and mean friend! lol!),

LOL! I have this too! My friend had her birthday last week in a Chinese. I've never been a fan of Chinese, in fact I can safely say that the only thing on the menu that I could stomach is the rice. The food is usually too greasy and the Chinese style of cooking just doesn't agree with my taste buds. The restaurant was really high end, so there was only 5 things on the menu. It was either ribs, prawns, lamb, sushi based (none of which I eat) and the veggie option was a vegetable and noodle dish, which seemed all right at right until I read that it was 'all stir fried in coconut oil", which is a big calorie no-no! Like seriously a portion of that oil alone is 900 calories and I think 80% of it's saturated fat. So I was a weirdo and chose a plate of rice (please see my latest diary entry on reflections on being a weirdo LOL) :D Glad you're back on track! Let us know how the next few days get on -hugs-

Chocolate chocolate chocolate, I really really really want chocolate. Chocolate chocolate chocolate, mmmmm, yummy chocolate. Oh man, I HATE TOTM cravings. Must resist the chocolate, it's just my hormones telling me I want it. I don't really want it. I'm not really hungry, I only just had lunch.

Thanks for your comments everyone, I'm so glad it's not just me who gets annoyed at being "forced" unwanted calories! I'm generally alot better with it than I used to be and say no when I don't want something, but on this occasion I really felt I couldn't.

I've been really trying hard to kick start some weightloss again, doing loads of running and chugging water, but now my legs hurt and my tummy is bloated with a lake in it! Today I'm giving myself a day off from the exercise, hopefully by the weekend I'll feel like I'm losing again - I always find it takes a few days after a naughty week or 2.

I spoke to my dance teacher about choreographing a dance routine for our wedding, which is very exciting, we have 6 more months to prepare and I'd really love to be able to do something that looked semi decent.

Lol I wanted hubby to do a lil dance number with me but got told a flat no.... The actual words were along the lines of..... Do you want me to turn up for this wedding?? ;) he isn't really a party person lol you go for it!!! If you can convince your OH that is!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Me and my hubby did a little choreographed number when we got married a few years ago. It was actually his suggestion and he's got two left feet!

We started off joining a general dance class, trying to learn some basic steps about 6 or more months before (which helped with the weightloss as well). Then about 6-8 weeks before the wedding we had a few one-to-one training with one of the tutors and she also choreographed the dance for us.

Well when it came to do the dance and especially after a day filled with alcohol we took to the stage and did our little dance, but we were certainly not perfect, but everyone thought it was wonderful.

I was so glad we did it, but I wouldn't remember any of the steps now!

Chocolate chocolate chocolate, I really really really want chocolate. Chocolate chocolate chocolate, mmmmm, yummy chocolate. Oh man, I HATE TOTM cravings. Must resist the chocolate, it's just my hormones telling me I want it. I don't really want it. I'm not really hungry, I only just had lunch.

Thanks for your comments everyone, I'm so glad it's not just me who gets annoyed at being "forced" unwanted calories! I'm generally alot better with it than I used to be and say no when I don't want something, but on this occasion I really felt I couldn't.

I've been really trying hard to kick start some weightloss again, doing loads of running and chugging water, but now my legs hurt and my tummy is bloated with a lake in it! Today I'm giving myself a day off from the exercise, hopefully by the weekend I'll feel like I'm losing again - I always find it takes a few days after a naughty week or 2.

I spoke to my dance teacher about choreographing a dance routine for our wedding, which is very exciting, we have 6 more months to prepare and I'd really love to be able to do something that looked semi decent.

Ooh Im really excited!! I wanted to do a coreographed dance for my best friends wedding. I wanted us bridesmaids to do something fab, but funny. I have seen loads of great dances online for the bride and groom and bridesmaids. Everyone thought I was mad, but I am so glad you are thinking of doing a coreographed dance. I think they are great. Keep us posted hun, I am so interested. :D

As for the chocolate, I read in a magazine that if you eat 3 squares of dark chocolate every morning it will stop your choccy cravings. Don't know if I believe it, and it probably doesn't work for TOTM cravings.

Just catching up on people's diary's. I was so horrified when I read the beginning of your breast lump story... until I got to the end, I'm still chuckling now... you plonker!!! x

:) I must say I'm a bit nervous about the dance and have mixed feelings, boyf is very up for it though so no backing out now. We do swing dance classes (Lindy hop if anyone's heard of it, it's kind of like jive and charleston) so we wanted to do a slightly cheeky and fun routine. The thing that makes me nervous is that I'll have just had a (massive) dinner and (my own body weight in) wine, am I really going to be capable of not falling over and flashing my pants at all our guests?

:) I must say I'm a bit nervous about the dance and have mixed feelings, boyf is very up for it though so no backing out now. We do swing dance classes (Lindy hop if anyone's heard of it, it's kind of like jive and charleston) so we wanted to do a slightly cheeky and fun routine. The thing that makes me nervous is that I'll have just had a (massive) dinner and (my own body weight in) wine, am I really going to be capable of not falling over and flashing my pants at all our guests?

Your guest would have drank their whole body weight in wine too so I don't think they'd even notice if you skited across the floor and out the door. It'll be a laugh!

It's not a proper wedding till the bride has flashed her pants :) so heres tip.....don't go for see thru!!! Wedding night or no wedding night ;)

And I had a proper wedding!! Big J got tangled up in my assorted bits of frock an legged me up! hence the tip.......

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha, Tina that's so funny! But I would really really like to get through just one social event in my life without flashing my pants, is that too much to ask?! But just incase, I will be wearing big granny pants rather than a sexy sheer number.

Right, I'm about to commit the cardinal sin for CC/healthy eating. I'm going to stop chugging all this water and drink normally again. I'm sorry girls, I tried drinking all the water but it makes my migraines so much worse and it's not worth it, so I'm stopping.

Last night I went to a wine tasting event, it was great fun and I managed not to get too drunk (for once). However, the event organiser had forgotten that on a Thursday night, AA meet in the next door room. I'll admit that I laughed when I saw the sign for AA, but afterwards felt quite sad about it and really bad for laughing. I mean, how would I like it if I went to a weightloss group and there was a cheese appreciation group next door? I wouldn't, I'd be in there scoffing the brie before anyone even noticed I'd arrived. I guess I'm trying to say that we're all addicts really, and that the people going to AA are trying to make themselves better, in the same way as all of us are trying to make ourselves better, and while it was an innocent mistake on the part of the organiser, I hate it when people wave food in my face, or try to pressure me into eating more than I want so I felt a certain level of empathy with the AA group and quite sad for them that this mistake had been made, and that maybe next time I organise an event, I'll make sure that my event doesn't conflict with the interests of others around me.

Some lessons and positives too:

Lesson 6: Just because you're mega hungry just before a meal, it doesn't mean you should eat more! This is probably really obvious, but to me it really has been a revelation. I think I've always just given in to hunger as I've felt that if I was hungry then obviously my body needed food. Wrong. Being hungry because you're used to overeating, hungry because you're bored and hungry because your body actually needs food are all completely different things and once you're used to it feel completely different. On days when I'm ravenous before lunch, soup is still fine.

Positive thing: I can wear skirts without thigh chafing! I don't know why, I have massive thunder thighs which still meet at the top (TMI I know!) but for some reason, they no longer chafe. Life is good.

Hello! Not updated my diary for a few days as absolutely nothing interesting has happened :) Except that last night the boyf and I had our first dance class for the wedding - we were doing OK, and I was quite fancying myself as some sort of Ginger Rogers type until the moment when I accidentally caught sight of myself in the mirror, and let's just say that all illusions of my being a fantastic dancer were shattered in that second (mental note: buy a very good bra, swing dance has alot of jumping in it). Sigh. Never mind, practise makes perfect and all that.

Now on the subject of being a food weirdo, a work colleague just came round and gave me some brownies his girlfriend had made. I had to take one or he would have been really offended. On a scale of 1-10 how bad would it be to quietly throw the brownie in the bin and tell him I thought it was delicious? I'm almost religious about not wasting food, and I really hate the thought of throwing something perfectly good away, but if I eat it, and I go over my calories today then that's also wasting food isn't it? Eating food you don't need is just a different type of waste? Oh dear, it's sitting on my desk while I have this internal dilemma and it looks more and more tasty every time I glance at it.

Back