TTfans diary and lessons learned

oh yes, and I appear to have forgotten to mention the starbucks latte, shortbread and 1/4 bottle of wine. No wonder I am over 1800 calories for yesterday.

If you're not happy where you are, you can and will do it! Just keep at it. Imagine how you will feel being where you want to be. Knowing it was your hard work and determination that got you there! :)

Back. In. The. Game.

YES!

Yesterdays food:
B: Bread + marge, milky coffee
L: Salad
D: Pasta with pesto and mushrooms

Total: 1270 calories

exercise: 45 min run

Mental block over. I have 2 months to get as slim as possible before the wedding dress fitting. ALL my bridesmaids are size 8s. Those photos last forever.

Yesterdays food diary:

B: bread, marge + milky coffee
D: rahmen noodles (not the healthiest)

NO snacks and NO wine! Yay! Even managed to watch the great British bake off (usually I have to watch this on the weekend as in the evenings I feel so hungry that watching all that amazing food makes me feel miserable). Awesomeness. Back in the game.

Ooh I got into that a few weeks ago when they were baking bread! Love it! So depressing though cos I just watch them putting all that butter into the pastry they make and think wow how many calories must be in that! Haha

Oh I know, ccing totally ruins baking. I got the shock of my life when I put flour into MFP and found out just how utterly calorific it is. But I just love how pretty the stuff on the great British bake off is, and just how nice the contestants and the judges are.

So, yesterday:

L: Salad with carrot, lentils, couscous and beetroot
Snack: Rice pot
Dinner: Roasted garlic, toast and goats cheese + 100ml red wine

Exercise: 45 min run and 1 hour dance class and OH MY GOODNESS that dance class was tough! Our beginner classes were really gentle, not really a workout at all, but now we're back at intermediate with new teachers and the expectations are sooooo much higher.

Came in almost perfect on cals yesterday. I only had the wine because MFP shouted at me for being under. I do however stink today because of eating a whole roasted garlic, I feel very sorry for my poor officemate.

Yesterday:
B: Bread, marge + milky coffee
L: Salad (beetroot, potato salad, carrot and lentils)
Snack: 2 fruit jellies - I thought I was going to pass out with hunger so I had them but I instantly regretted it
D: Veg chili and rice. 200ml red wine

Exercise: 35 min run

Not a bad effort and MFP put me within cals, but I had that slightly not hungry enough at the end of the day feeling which means I probably ate too much.

Today ive given myself a purposeful relaxed day. So:

B: bread + marge + milky coffee
L: salad
Snack: hot choc + almond biscuit
D: veg korma, rice + garlic naan + wine

Exercise: the usual walking

Def miles over cals but I'd planned to treat myself so I feel kind of good. Back to it tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed your curry, sounds nice!!

I think that's something I need to remember- a slim person doesn't get fat from a curry or a night out every now and again, it's eating way more than I need every day that made me fat. In other words enjoy your treats!

Definitely agree. It's good to have a treat every now and then. Hope you enjoyed it :)

I've found the occasional planned night or weekend off ccing to be quite helpful - I figured that I was doing this in order to learn to have a better relationship with food, so I'd have to learn how to have evenings off and then compensate the next day. It's really worked for me, but then my weightloss has been nothing like as fast as some people on here.

Saturday:
B: Bread, marge, tea
L: Cheese bagel
D: veg chili and rice

Exercise: 40 min exercise video

Yesterday
B: Bread, marge
L: Buffet food, hard to guess calories but I tried to take a small plate
D: At a food fair. Almost impossible to estimate, but could have been worse.

Today:

B: bread marge
Snack: 2x milky coffee, strawberry yoghurt
D: pasta + veg bolognaise. 2 macarons.

E: 30 mins bike and assorted weights

Not a great day today, never mind, I'll run tomorrow

Yesterday:

B: Bread, marge + milky coffee
D: the rest of the veg bolognaise and pasta 1 1/2 macarons

Exercise: 45 min run - managed to have an accident with a small boy on a bike, but everyone was OK in the end!

Oh gosh it's been ages since I last wrote in here. I've been ill and had visitors (although when I was off sick from work on Fri I managed not to stuff my face, which I was proud of, although this was partly due to OH working from home which meant that I would have been judged for eating) so the diet is not going as well as it might. I had a STS last week but mostly blame the cold for making me bloaty and ick.

Yesterday:
B: Bread + butter
L: cheese pretzel
Snack: coffee and a small slice of choc cake
D: feta cheese, olive + tomato pasta

Got back to running after a week off today so hopefully I'll start to see the weight coming off again.

Sorry you have beem so ill hun. I am full of cold now and it has gone to my chest, so I sympathise.

Well done for getting back on it though chick, keep it up. :)

Get well soon!

Thanks ladies, I'm feeling much better now.

Tuesday:
B: Bread + marge
D: rahmen noodles

exercise: 1 hour run

Weds:
B: bread, marge + milky coffee
L: cream cheese sandwich
D: Mushroom sandwich, 1 glass red wine
Snack: hot chocolate

Exercise: 1 hour dance class

I have this very odd problem. On Wednesdays I go to my dance class, and for some unknown reason (must be water retention I guess) I put on a kilo the next day and it takes a couple of days to come off. I know this is why you're not supposed to weigh every day, but the problem is that my weight is still up a bit when I come to weigh in on Friday. I think I might change my weigh in day to Weds to avoid the problem. Does anyone else know why this might happen? I don't get massive weight gain or water retention with any other form of exercise, just this dance class.

On another note, today a work colleague of mine decided to share with me that since he's started running he has lost 3 kilos in 3 weeks - I congratulated him through gritted teeth - I know I'm horrible but it's so unfair! He still eats way more than I do and runs much less than me and somehow loses weight faster!

Men are so lucky when it comes to weight loss :(

Also, yeah, I would change your weigh in day. I know like the day before weigh in I wouldn't eat a take away or something, that even though would be made to fit into my cals, would have lots of sodium! Makes sense. No idea why it is happening cos of dance though.

Yeah I know! It seems to fall off men so much easier than for women (no offence to any men reading this!), when I first started my diet my OH joined me for moral support and to lose a stone, and he literally lost it in the blink of an eye while eating the same small dinners as me but massive lunches. Grr.

So I've used my Wednesday weigh in for this week, I'll try doing that as my dance class bloat doesn't tend to be gone until Saturday.

Yesterday:
D: Pasta pesto with tomatos and mushrooms

E: 35 min run

and then it all got very bad

Post dinner "snack": 6 biscuits and 200ml wine. I part very very angry with myself and part sort of pleased. The OH is away for a week and usually this would be my chance to absolutely pig out. I definately ate more than I should have done, but on balance it wasn't so bad. He's away until next Thurs so I figure if that was my big binge then it could have been alot worse, and if I can not do that again for the rest of the week then I've really won at this diet lark (BIG if though!)

Back