Total Solution tubbynomore WILL get in the 11's...

Day 2

I went to bed with a headache last night, took 2 paracetamol and slept well. Still a bit this morning but not as bad!
I woke up hungry :( I hope today is not going to be too hard. Just grabbed my Saturday pack and I have a Vanilla shake, Tomato & Basil soup and Choc Orange bar to look forward to. I'm glad I pre-bagged days so it takes the decision-making away and I have a surprise lol.
I still can't believe how creamy the shakes are :D The vanilla does leave an after taste in my mouth, either that or it's my bad breath! I have ordered listerine breath fresh strips off ebay but until then it'll have to be sugar-free gum or toothpaste.
I'm going to keep myself busy today. I'll be putting together something for the family in the slow cooker which will help me avoid the dilemma of cooking tonight when I'm hungry. Can't wait for ketosis to kick in because from last time I remember I could cook and not be bothered it.
Which reminds me, I need to get ketostix my last ones are out of date.
That's enough waffling for now. Keep busy. XX

Hiya NT!!! Slow cookers are a god send, good for when you come of Exante too as you can cook great high protein low carb goodies in it :0)

Had my veg soup last night and it was lovely! put a little salt n pepper along with chilli powder as was a bit scared of it tasting naff but it was really enjoyable!

And I found several peas :p which made a nice change!

Feeling a bit hungry today but really need to up my water I guess, still in bed though catching up with everyones posts on MM :D

Good luck with your first set of nights tonight! I am one down two to go.....Hopefully I will also be in the 10's at some point next week which is spurring me on :eek:

Jx

I'm so glad you liked the soup! I was worried I might have given it too much praise then you hated it :D

Well! so far so good. I had my soup which I made up with almost twice the amount of water because yesterday's veg soup was on the thick side and it was never ending :crazy: oh well less water next time (note to self, you can always add more!!!) It didn't taste as bad as it smelled!!
I felt a little nauseous before I mixed it, I think it's a combo of CD soups having been so bad that I was dreading it and I had left it too long and I was hungry.

Because I'm on nights from tonight I want to eat today's stuff as late as possible so my bar will be about 10pm. If I can last that long :sigh: I don't know how it's going to to go. I will have tomorrow's first shake between 4 and 6 am if I'm not too busy when I get home at 8 I'll go straight to bed.

I'm hoping to have a couple of hours kip now before I go to work but I'm not in the least bit tired. I'll dish up the family tea about 5 and go then so I don't feel like I'm missing out on supper :rolleyes:

I have been reading lots of diaries and stories this afternoon which has not only given me loads of inspiration but it has also passed lots of time when I didn't even think about eating, a new one on me because I used to be constantly in the fridge/cupboards looking for my next fix.
I am struggling with drinking even though my mouth is dry! I'm on my second 1L bottle of water and had plenty of loo trip exercise :p which can't be a bad thing except I live in a bungalow and the loo is only a few steps away.

Enough whittling on for now. Keep busy xx

Veg soup for me again tonight :0) although nothing left to eat now until 5am :0( so it's going to be one hell of a tough night!!!

Jx

Day 3

I'm in ketosis!!! :happy036: A few days of low carbs before really worked. Last night was hard, had half my bar about 10 before visits and the other half when we got back in about 1am then it didn't quite go as planned. We had a call at 4.30, I didn't want a breakfast shake before going so I had it at 6 when we got back which was OK but headache was starting.
Got home and straight into bed about 8.30 and slept really well ( got up at 1.30 for a pee) but I managed to get back to sleep till 6 :eek:
Chinese for the family tonight and I tuck in to my Thai chicken, not even tempted with a chicken ball or prawn cracker :innocent0002: another nice soup. It's strange but this is the second day I have mixed the soup, almost gagged at the thought of having it but been pleasantly surprised. CD have a lot to answer for almost putting me off doing it again.
Still can't believe how well I slept!

Ah well, a read through a few diaries then off to work.
Keep busy, Ali xx

nursetubs said:
I'm in ketosis!!! :happy036: A few days of low carbs before really worked. Last night was hard, had half my bar about 10 before visits and the other half when we got back in about 1am then it didn't quite go as planned. We had a call at 4.30, I didn't want a breakfast shake before going so I had it at 6 when we got back which was OK but headache was starting.
Got home and straight into bed about 8.30 and slept really well ( got up at 1.30 for a pee) but I managed to get back to sleep till 6 :eek:
Chinese for the family tonight and I tuck in to my Thai chicken, not even tempted with a chicken ball or prawn cracker :innocent0002: another nice soup. It's strange but this is the second day I have mixed the soup, almost gagged at the thought of having it but been pleasantly surprised. CD have a lot to answer for almost putting me off doing it again.
Still can't believe how well I slept!

Ah well, a read through a few diaries then off to work.
Keep busy, Ali xx

Thats fantastic :) well done on resisting the Chinese :) so glad it's going well :)

Glad its going well NurseTubs :D
I remember trying CD about 20 odd years ago and hated it !!
So, I was very pleasantly surprised with all of the Exante products :)
I know alot may have changed in that time, but it still is all good as far as I can see :)

notsoskinnymarge said:
Glad its going well NurseTubs :D
I remember trying CD about 20 odd years ago and hated it !!
So, I was very pleasantly surprised with all of the Exante products :)
I know alot may have changed in that time, but it still is all good as far as I can see :)

I know! I got to goal with LL but only managed 5 days max with Cambridge :(

Well done you on the chinese front....I woke at mid day and haven't been back to sleep since :0( but last one tonight thank god!

I have also been finding when I'm not on nights and having a normal routine I am sleeping for britain too which is amazing as i am normally up 2/3 times in the night!

Managed to eek my packs out today too so currently sat at my desk with a mushroom soup and it's almost 11pm :rolleyes: so hopefully won't struggle as much tonight!

Have a good shift ;)

Jx

triage999 said:
Well done you on the chinese front....I woke at mid day and haven't been back to sleep since :0( but last one tonight thank god!

I have also been finding when I'm not on nights and having a normal routine I am sleeping for britain too which is amazing as i am normally up 2/3 times in the night!

Managed to eek my packs out today too so currently sat at my desk with a mushroom soup and it's almost 11pm :rolleyes: so hopefully won't struggle as much tonight!

Have a good shift ;)

Jx

Hope it's not too much of a struggle :)

I always split my packs.... it helps with mad shifts ;)

1.30am, I'm in work and I haven't had my bar yet! I have the most awful indigestion and the more water/coffee I drink the worse it is :(
Thinking I'll have a shake now to help and the bar in the morning :confused: hmmmm dilemma.

Good luck chic- nights sure are a bummer on this diet. I awlys have an extra bar when on nights which seems to help me get through- I know it's not recoemmnded or anything but each to their own. I would always on the first night shift eek out my first shake til 2pm then try to have a pre-work snooze, pack again at 6:30 then try to have a bar at midnight. Then if needed in the night would have an extra bar- usually 4-5 am, shake when at home before bed, one again 6:30 and then a bar at midnight etc. Seemed to work for me. Oh yeah and of course bucket loads of water.

Hope your night goes quickly- take care x

Day 4

Another night shift done and a great day's sleep. On the down side I'm feeling really cold esp my hands and nose!!!
But hey ho never mind if that's a side-effect of the Exante then I'll just have to get used to it :p

Hot cup of peppermint tea seemed to sort out my indigestion for a while but it's an awful feeling. Some great losses on here today, looking forward to Friday WI!! Did take a sneaky peek today :D

I had the strawberry shake this morning, yummmm and even the bars are starting to taste better esp the nutty one lol. Veg soup for tea tonight. DH is on the shed roof felting so I haven't sorted their tea out yet ;)
Had a great idea off Jo (triage999) and I'll be sorting out my 'fit' and 'don't fit yet!' piles on my day off Friday. That'll be some exercise too. Can't wait to have a 'too big' pile and maybe I'll have more room in my cupboards lol.

Oh well enough of my boring wittering and get some tea on.
Keep busy xx

nursetubs said:
Another night shift done and a great day's sleep. On the down side I'm feeling really cold esp my hands and nose!!!
But hey ho never mind if that's a side-effect of the Exante then I'll just have to get used to it :p

Hot cup of peppermint tea seemed to sort out my indigestion for a while but it's an awful feeling. Some great losses on here today, looking forward to Friday WI!! Did take a sneaky peek today :D

I had the strawberry shake this morning, yummmm and even the bars are starting to taste better esp the nutty one lol. Veg soup for tea tonight. DH is on the shed roof felting so I haven't sorted their tea out yet ;)
Had a great idea off Jo (triage999) and I'll be sorting out my 'fit' and 'don't fit yet!' piles on my day off Friday. That'll be some exercise too. Can't wait to have a 'too big' pile and maybe I'll have more room in my cupboards lol.

Oh well enough of my boring wittering and get some tea on.
Keep busy xx

Yeah it is a side effect I have cold hands feet and nose :)
Glad your indigestion has gone I seem to have the same thing today :(

It's awful DQ even water gave me indigestion so I started drinking it hot! Won't know how it is until tonight cos it kicks in during the wee small hours. I might need to resort to Gaviscon! Has Gaviscon got carbs?
Well done on the water front I can't make it past 2.5L so 4.5 to me is impossible.

Ali xx

nursetubs said:
It's awful DQ even water gave me indigestion so I started drinking it hot! Won't know how it is until tonight cos it kicks in during the wee small hours. I might need to resort to Gaviscon! Has Gaviscon got carbs?
Well done on the water front I can't make it past 2.5L so 4.5 to me is impossible.

Ali xx

Yeah I think it does have carbs :( I think it might be the nurofen causing mine :(
Just taken some omeprozole myself hoping that does the trick :(

Yeah I think it does have carbs :( I think it might be the nurofen causing mine :(
Just taken some omeprozole myself hoping that does the trick :(

DH is on Omeprazole, I'll give them a go for a couple of days and make a GP appointment. It used to be an issue before I had my gall bladder out and I was on Pantoprazole but it got better.

Back